Viviane - Demon or Human?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Hey guys, it's been a while. A LONG while.

I'm just now getting back into the game after a looong hiatus and I'm excited that I can now recruit Viviane. Having said that, What's everyone's favorite version of her, human or demon? What are her strengths and weaknesses? The Wiki doesn't seem to offer much info on her pros and cons.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I haven't really messed a lot with her (Cait kinda covers what she can offer party-wise) but the human and demon versions seem identical except that the demon one can swap back and forth between a succubus form and gives you some more sex options, and naughtier dialogue. Which for he record really felt a bit like a loss, I really wish they at least had one gear set to differentiate them, demon getting Succubus charmer spells, human some holy damage demon-hunter stuff maybe.

So that's pretty much it; go demon (don't warn her about the nature of the Succubus Milk) if you are corrupt and want a demon to play with, go human (do warn her; only difference in recruiting her, either way still need 9 SM) if you are not corrupt and want to keep her with a soul.

Reactions: valkyr42

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I haven't really messed a lot with her (Cait kinda covers what she can offer party-wise) but the human and demon versions seem identical except that the demon one can swap back and forth between a succubus form and gives you some more sex options, and naughtier dialogue. Which for he record really felt a bit like a loss, I really wish they at least had one gear set to differentiate them, demon getting Succubus charmer spells, human some holy damage demon-hunter stuff maybe.

So that's pretty much it; go demon (don't warn her about the nature of the Succubus Milk) if you are corrupt and want a demon to play with, go human (do warn her; only difference in recruiting her, either way still need 9 SM) if you are not corrupt and want to keep her with a soul.
My champs are not corrupt and still have demon viv. Personally for me I prefer demon Viv over a boring old human.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
My champs are not corrupt and still have demon viv. Personally for me I prefer demon Viv over a boring old human.

That is your choice, personally I feel that is a very corrupt and evil choice, but you do you.

... Though that said, I did still do it myself for my barely tainted (mostly from sexing Kas and the like) Bimbo Charmer, with the excuse she just got distracted by Viv's awesome rack for a moment and ditzed out on warning her.

• Haha
Reactions: Emerald and Kesil

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
Demon; there are fewer signs that something fucky is going on than with the golden armor so I feel more comfortable ascribing it to negligence. Also, it is kind of insane for a scientist to just drink things as their primary mode of investigation, and I genuinely wandered blind into it the first time, so...

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Demon; there are fewer signs that something fucky is going on than with the golden armor so I feel more comfortable ascribing it to negligence. Also, it is kind of insane for a scientist to just drink things as their primary mode of investigation, and I genuinely wandered blind into it the first time, so...
TBH the only reason I didn't likewise just walk into that was because I knew beforehand she had a human and demon route. So that's a very good point. Especially as the quest is all about figuring out what this thing even does and you're running around asking everyone to look at it, there would be no point in warning her unless you already knew...

As for just randomly drinking and eating stuff to figure out what they do, clearly you have never played Skyrim, that's like the peak scientific method there! Well, that or looking it up online I guess...

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Also, it is kind of insane for a scientist to just drink things as their primary mode of investigation...
You know, up until recently, chemistry boiled down to "weird stuff I put in my mouth". There is a reason why its called "sweet crude oil".

And don't forget the inventor of LSD, who thought: "I wonder what this liquid does. Let's drink it"

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Human.

Feels... Right(?)

Idk man, my morality is all over the place in this game.
On one hand, I romance Kas
On the other, I off Alyssa.

FadeSeeker

Jan 24, 2021
Hey guys, it's been a while. A LONG while.

I'm just now getting back into the game after a looong hiatus and I'm excited that I can now recruit Viviane. Having said that, What's everyone's favorite version of her, human or demon? What are her strengths and weaknesses? The Wiki doesn't seem to offer much info on her pros and cons.
Well personally from what I read and lore wise, besides her obvious character change what you gain:

Human - Studies ways of fighting the corruption, the nature of demons maybe ways of reversing demons back to what they were.

Demon - Embraces the corruption, studies corrupting individuals and uses for Lethicite.

So basically your choice is are you for corruption (Demon) or against it (Human).