Visual Novels similar to Fenoxo's games?

Doda58

Jan 3, 2016
Are there any visual novels with themes and mechanics similar to Trials in Tainted Space, Corruption of Champions and/or Fall of Eden?

If not, I would like to gauge how much interest and opinions the community here would have in one.

Helix

Oct 24, 2015
Well, there are several. Depending on what you mean by similar.

I'm making one myself. http://helixprimegame.com/  You're an explorer going to a new solar system. Bunch of planets, bunch of aliens, bunch of sex. It has a body part system that resembles the ones in the games you mentioned. It's not exactly finished though, and I've been purposefully silent on it for the past month or so, since I'm doing some functional improvements to how sex scenes work. I want it to be decent before too many people look at it.

There are several others in the same vein, and I think you'll find a lot of them here under "Other Adult Games". Don't forget to check the "Showcase" section.

Off the top of my head; LEWD, Nimin(I think it's called?) and I can't for the life of me remember the name of two more that came to mind. I'll edit if it comes to me.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I'm making one myself. http://helixprimegame.com/  You're an explorer going to a new solar system. Bunch of planets, bunch of aliens, bunch of sex. It has a body part system that resembles the ones in the games you mentioned. It's not exactly finished though, and I've been purposefully silent on it for the past month or so, since I'm doing some functional improvements to how sex scenes work. I want it to be decent before too many people look at it.

Just played the Helix game myself. Interesting, but seriously lacking content at the moment. Also, are you just doing sex scenes for characters or will there be other important interactions as well, like helping in something they need, combat, etc?

Also, I wouldn't call Helix's suggestions Visual Novels. Not sure about any myself which are similar to the Fenoxo game, but maybe Monster Girl Quest could be one, although it does focus only on female monsters and lacks tf's.

Never played it myself, but Space Pirate Sara might be another suggestion.

Helix

Oct 24, 2015
Just played the Helix game myself. Interesting, but seriously lacking content at the moment. Also, are you just doing sex scenes for characters or will there be other important interactions as well, like helping in something they need, combat, etc?

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm being so quiet for the time being :p

I'm not sure what I want to do with the combat yet. I've even been considering sex-based combat. Tough decision. Characters will tend to have problems that need fixing, and you can build relationships with them. That's not in yet though. I need to nail the mechanics first, or I'll end up spending a lot of time re-writing stuff later.

Sadtaco

Aug 27, 2015
Well, there are several. Depending on what you mean by similar.

I'm making one myself. http://helixprimegame.com/

When I try to play it through the webGL link I got:

Invoking error handler due to
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '>>' UnityConfig.js (line 76)

SyntaxError: expected expression, got '>>'

Code:
>>2];c[P+12>>2]=c[Ca+12>>2];c[ra>>2]=c[Ca>>2];c[ra+4>>2]=c[C

Worked after a browser restart though.

And the thing I always say: I wish there were hotkeys. Having to click all over the place is a pain for me.
I also see a lot of weird way the text is displayed. Like some letters are up or down a pixel higher or lower than they should be that made it awkward to read.

Other than that, I like how it's quick to jump into. The character changing stuff in the medbay after you already get started as an option smooths things out a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Helix

Oct 24, 2015
When I try to play it through the webGL link I got:

Worked after a browser restart though.

I can't see anything wrong with the script. The line in question is just a logging command. It's Unity generated though. I'll just have to keep an eye out for anyone else experiencing the same error.

And the thing I always say: I wish there were hotkeys. Having to click all over the place is a pain for me.

Yeah, I'll add that.

I also see a lot of weird way the text is displayed. Like some letters are up or down a pixel higher or lower than they should be that made it awkward to read.

Noticed it here too. I just set my canvas to pixel perfect and that seems to have fixed it... Great!

kirito

Jun 17, 2017
so helix prime has a ps vita build upon request but i cant find an area for a way to send said request

Cog

Apr 17, 2016
@kirito : Helix's last update (on his website) is nearly a year old. This thread itself is even older than that. Unless you've heard something to the contrary, I'd assume this game is dead, or in hiatus at the very least. With that in mind, I'd advise checking the date of the last post on older threads, and avoid adding new posts to threads that haven't been touched for this long (unless you're the original poster). Nobody likes forum necromancy.

Edit: But regardless, welcome to the forum.