Vanilla CoC Improvement Project

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
As the creator and coder of CoC Revamp Mod, I'd like to bring some of the improvements from the mod into vanilla.

Quality of Life improvements:
  • Green Dyes (Pull request merged successfully)
  • Commission Rathazul to make spider silk armour without the need to have him in your camp, eliminating lockout. (Pull request created)
  • Visit Minerva from Places menu as anti-frustration feature. (Pull request merged successfully)
  • Improved unequip menu to let you unequip armour. (Pull request created)
  • Discard unwanted items with shift key. (Pull request not created yet)
  • Level-up improvements (Distribute attributes instead of always +5 to one attribute.) (Pull request created)
  • Removal of level requirement from Arian, Owca, Desert Cave, and Lethice's Stronghold for players doing level 1 run. (Pull request not created yet)
Overhauls & Interface improvements:
Addition of Contents (if PRs for such content are still accepted):
  • The Black Cock and its staff, patrons, and items.
  • Lizan Rogue (minus the watersports scene)
  • New items (Skin oils, body lotions, spring water, calm mint, golden rind, pigtail truffle, satyr wine)
  • New TFs (Pig TFs, Satyr TFs, Rhino TFs, and Echidna TFs)
  • Codex that can be read in-game.
  • Sleeping with Ember scene.
Unfortunately, these won't happen:
  • Glacial Rift (Not polished enough)
  • Pretty much most of the mod-added content. (Either they're of insufficient quality)
  • Third row of buttons (Would require changing the menu codes throughout the entire game code)
I'll make small pull requests one at a time.

Last edited:

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'd like to let you know that there's still hope. Please pardon the thread revival.

2 out of the 7 QoL improvements have been successfully merged into the main CoC repository. I always take the time to test my pull requests before submitting.

Should all 7 quality of life pull requests be resolved, I'll try to bring the revamped stats interface and old sprites. CoC interface looks awfully outdated.

Depending on whether pull requests for content are still accepted, I could try to bring some, if not all of what's listed, to CoC.

Stuffwar

Feb 11, 2016
The Minerva change is very nice. Don't have to spam 7 encounters to see her anymore. I wish it was around when I had low enough stats that I couldn't nearly 100% run from any of the encounters that showed up.