Uveto survival

Spitfire

Apr 4, 2022
is there a way to survive on uveto without using the foxfire mods? like being able to be a kaithrit and having the furry mod. i was some how able to do it in the old version of the game [i have it on my desktop and use it for references from time to time] but i cannot remember how i did it. i know i need the furry modifier, or the icy veins modifier, but im not sure how to get it with out becoming a kitsune. dont get me wrong, i love kitsunes, but im more of a cat person...anyone have any ideas or suggestions or solutions to what im asking? [am i even making any sense at all?]

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Purchasing and using a thermal pack from Tlako or Karra and Lorre has always worked for me.

Spitfire

Apr 4, 2022
Purchasing and using a thermal pack from Tlako or Karra and Lorre has always worked for me.
ive done that too, but it takes away the shield i use. causing me to not be as tanky as i would like to be.

xenoscene

Jul 1, 2016
When you say the furry modifier, are you talking about the "fluffy" flag? I haven't heard about this helping protect you from the cold, but it would make sense if it did. Catnip has a 33% chance of giving you fluffy fur.
I'm pretty sure the only way you'd be able to get icy veins without becoming a kitsune is by save-editing.

TheShepard256

ive done that too, but it takes away the shield i use. causing me to not be as tanky as i would like to be.
That's the Heat Belt you're thinking of; the Thermal Pack is a consumable that grants immunity to the cold for 24 hours with no downsides other than being one use only. Really, you can get by just using equipment that grants enough Freezing resistance: 25% for Irestead, 35% for most of Uveto, and 50% for the furthest reaches (i.e. the Glacial Rift and paths leading to it).

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As a strictly ordered Transformative, Frostfire will make you a Fox-Morph* (minus the face) before giving Icy Veins. To keep it, you only need fur 'skin' with the Fluffy modifier. Kaithrit are mostly human except for the ears, so they don't have fur. You'll either need to keep the fur or give up on Icy Veins. You can keep the cat theme by using Frostfire, then using Catnip afterward on Arms, Legs and Tail. If you do this, be sure to use the Immuno-Booster after you get Icy Veins to cancel the Frostfire Status effect, or you'll just end up transforming again.
*Kitsune are specifically the multi-tail option, which you have to opt into.

As TheShepard256 says, Thermal Packs are the best way (unless you want something else specifically). Buy a Welcome Basket from Tlako on Uveto Station, then go out into the Wilderness to the Essyra Trading Post, where you can buy as many as you like. They're cheap. too. I actually kind of dislike them because they're so good they invalidate most other options. Shelter Drone is especially useless.

If stacking Freezing Resistance, the thresholds TheShepard256 listed are only true if there isn't a Blizzard. If there is, it's 50% wherever you are. Blizzards don't actually increase the threshold for the furthest areas.
If you're a Mercenary, you can use Second Wind in combat to heal, assuming combat is frequent enough and you can win without taking too much damage. If ranged, you can buy a NaN Deconstructor or Hirudo Devourer from Kattom and heal from enemies.

TheShepard256

I actually kind of dislike them because they're so good they invalidate most other options.
And you can get Nova to consume one so she permanently gains the Heat Generator flag, rendering you immune to the cold so long as you have her equipped - and she's already one of the best armours in the game, so.... (I hear her interactions are kind of bugged right now, though, so it might be some time before you can do that.)

Reactions: Kesil

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
In general, I like how Uveto is set up. It presents you with a problem: It's cold enough to cause damage. You then choose your solution based on what's best for your character.
You can dedicate Armor/Undergarments/Accessory to building up Freezing Resist but sacrificing other stats. Not good for Tease builds.
You can use your Shield slot. Probably most valid for Shield Techs, since they get a significant amount of Bonus Shields, so their actual Sheilds don't matter much. Ironically, Shelter Drone is also probably most useful for Shield Techs, since -50 isn't as big a deal when you probably have at least+80 and aren't using your Accessory slot for a Drone for bonus damage.
You can use a Transformative (Frostfire or New Ewe) if you like the way they look or are into modding yourself for the environment.
If you want to be a crazy badass, you can heal through it via Second Wind or NaN Deconstructor or Hirudo Devourer. You can also buy Herbal Poultices (+200 HP out of combat) at Korg'ii Hold once you introduce the idea of Credits.

Or you can just use a cheap (72 Credit) consumable that lasts 24 hours. And you can buy the 20 Slot Backpack on Uveto, so a stack takes 1/20 of your carrying capacity instead of 1/10.
Can we talk about how the Arctic Warfare Belt has laughable stats for it's price?

Last edited:

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
is there a way to survive on uveto without using the foxfire mods?
  • buy a Thermal Pack
  • go to your ship, speak with your Gray Goo Armor while the Thermal Pack is in your inventory
  • laugh in your upgraded, heat generating gray goo armor

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
To throw on a suggestion that isn't covered yet, there are a few perks related to furry manes (like the huskar one) or if you have wool perk from the Sheep TF. You don't have to keep the skin type as fur if you don't want to as well. It may be a bit tricky to find Tfs that keep it without outright removing all skin conditions first, though.

Syth Dracous

Apr 14, 2022
Far as I can tell once you get the Wooly perk from New Ewe there aren't any conditions that would cause its loss. That aside I'm always using the Grey Goo armor anyway and go out of my way to get all the upgrades for her and outside of the missing Interaction button for inventory items and maybe the double goo form from Azra's mission not being available atm it's what I'd suggest as well.

CuriousBlackCat

Aug 28, 2015
I usually just wait until I have a thermal pack or thermal belt and my grey goo armour so that she could analyse and sort the issue out for me. I'm uncertain if it still work in the JS Build considering the missing Interact Option in the Inventory, I've been busy of late, so I haven't had time to play.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
To throw on a suggestion that isn't covered yet, there are a few perks related to furry manes (like the huskar one) or if you have wool perk from the Sheep TF. You don't have to keep the skin type as fur if you don't want to as well. It may be a bit tricky to find Tfs that keep it without outright removing all skin conditions first, though.
I'm pretty sure this doesn't work. Or at least I couldn't find a way.
Via the Console: Tried deleting 'Furred' flag, lost Icy Veins. Tried giving Icy Veins after getting Regal Mane from Huskar Treats, lost Icy Veins.

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
It does, but you have to speak while onboard of your ship, through Crew button interactions.
I might as well add this just in case: you also need to be wearing the Suit of grey goo armor when talking to her with the thermal pack.
Because I was wondering for a few minutes why it wasn't working for me since the Goo Armor was just in my inventory but it worked after I actually equipped the Goo Armor.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I'm pretty sure this doesn't work. Or at least I couldn't find a way.
Via the Console: Tried deleting 'Furred' flag, lost Icy Veins. Tried giving Icy Veins after getting Regal Mane from Huskar Treats, lost Icy Veins.
Did you try the Wooly perk?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Did you try the Wooly perk?
Wooly regrows your coat shortly after it's sheared, so I didn't count it as a possible solution to generally keeping Kaithrit appearance (human + Cat ears and 2 Cat tails) with cold immunity. It's possible to get the 'Fluffy' flag without Fur from Huskar Treats (a prerequisite for Regal Mane), but it doesn't let you keep Icy Veins.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

According to the old Flash code, the Fluffy skin flag should have been enough to keep Icy Veins, but I've tested it on JavaScript and that no longer works. Maybe it's a bug?

Also, in my searching, I found that Catnip, Nepeta and Furpies Simplex C will give the Fluffy flag to any generated tails if Steele has the Fluffy skin flag (normally, feline tails aren't fluffy).

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
This is the code for removing Icy Veins:

playercharacter.js, line: 2542:
JavaScript:
if (this.hasPerk("Icy Veins") && this.perkv1("Icy Veins") > 0 && (!this.hasSkinFlag(GLOBAL.FLAG_FLUFFY) || ([GLOBAL.SKIN_TYPE_FUR, GLOBAL.SKIN_TYPE_FEATHERS].includes(this.skinType) === false)))
{ // removal of Icy Veins perk with he loss of fluffy fur (fork on still having fur but not fluffy flag?).
    AddLogEvent("Without all that thick, fluffy coat of fur you suddenly feel rather cold...\n\n(<b>Perk Lost: Icy Veins</b> - You’ve lost your insulating coat of fur, and as a result you are now weaker against cold.)", "passive", deltaT);
    this.removePerk("Icy Veins");
}

The thing which I noticed is that one of the requirements to lose the perk is perk value1 must be bigger than 0.
So, you can actually keep the perk forever if you just change Icy Vein's perk value1 to 0 (which is impossible in legit play) reguardless of your skin type.

So, to keep it forever all you need to do is:
  • If you do already have the perk, then just type: pc.getPerkEffect("Icy Veins").value1 = 0; into the console.
  • I can confirm that even while running around naked as a 100% human I'm not taking any health damage.
  • I can also confirm by playing a human Steele it hasn't gone away after sleeping for 4 days.

Or if you don't already have the perk you can just:
  • Type pc.createPerk("Icy Veins"); into the console (value1 is defaulted to 0).
  • Then type: pc.getPerkEffect("Icy Veins").tooltip = "Your body has adapted to the extreme winter cold."; (optional but looks weird without it).

If you do want to get rid of the perk you can just put in pc.getPerkEffect("Icy Veins").value1 = 1; for it to work normally again (or just pc.removeperk("Icy Veins").

While I know he was most likely looking for a legit way to keep Icy Veins I just wanted to throw this out here as an option for people to possibly take.
But at least it's only a few console commands away.
I currently don't know a possible way to keep the perk while not having the required fluffy flags (without using the console).

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
you know what bothers me about uveto? Frostwyrm PCs dont get cold resistance as part of the TF. you'd think it would apply, since, you know, Uveto and Frostwyrm. adding cold resistance to frostwyrm PCs would be a nice alternative for people who want icy veins, but dont want to be a heccin floof, or dont want to lose out on bonus shields.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
you know what bothers me about uveto? Frostwyrm PCs dont get cold resistance as part of the TF.
I actually did bring this up and the solution was to make scales no longer take extra damage. Frankly, I'd just console in ('bugged') Icy Veins.
They won't give actual Freezing Resistance because TFs aren't supposed to give combat benefits.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I actually did bring this up and the solution was to make scales no longer take extra damage. Frankly, I'd just console in ('bugged') Icy Veins if I was going Frostwyrm.
They won't give actual Freezing Resistance because TFs aren't supposed to give combat benefits.
but wouldnt that make any pc running around as a lizan or a saurmorian also not take damage? i think the perk should be similar to icy veins, but be deterministic on your racial score. although, speaking of cold resistance, wouldnt saurmorians also have it, considering the whole "heat venting" thing?

Syth Dracous

Apr 14, 2022
I actually did bring this up and the solution was to make scales no longer take extra damage. Frankly, I'd just console in ('bugged') Icy Veins.
With the longer version of why most TF's in TiTS don't grant any combat effects is due to the team wanting to allow players to select TFs for flavor not combat power. Which to my understanding stems from CoC 1.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
but wouldnt that make any pc running around as a lizan or a saurmorian also not take damage? i think the perk should be similar to icy veins, but be deterministic on your racial score. although, speaking of cold resistance, wouldnt saurmorians also have it, considering the whole "heat venting" thing?
Not take extra damage. Scales used to take more damage than skin. I don't know about Saurmorians, couldn't find anything about that in the Codex entry. Maybe their 'heat venting' isn't really set up for low temperatures. They are from a hot planet with lots of active volcanos.
With the longer version of why most TF's in TiTS don't grant any combat effects is due to the team wanting to allow players to select TFs for flavor not combat power. Which to my understanding stems from CoC 1.
Yes. Some TF bonuses were more powerful/useful than others. This led to some being considered almost mandatory for anyone interested in min-maxing, while others should be avoided.
Some still slipped through, though. 'Flight-Capable' Wings already let you fly (in certain circumstances) and the Jetpack and Lunge exist, so making them allow hitting Flying targets with Melee attacks isn't too out of line. I've got a whole rant for Dumb4Cum. Don't get me started.
And there are a few that give bonuses to Lust combat, but there's no interest in balancing that anyway, so nobody cares.

Hetzer

Feb 24, 2022
And you can get Nova to consume one so she permanently gains the Heat Generator flag, rendering you immune to the cold so long as you have her equipped - and she's already one of the best armours in the game, so.... (I hear her interactions are kind of bugged right now, though, so it might be some time before you can do that.)
Oh how?

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
To get the heat generator flag for the Grey Goo Armor all you have to do is:
  • Get a Thermal Pack from either Tlako's welcome basket or the Essyra Trading Post (or the cheat menu) and keep it in your inventory (you only need 1).
  • Go back to your ship and access the Grey Goo Armor in the crew menu (Make sure you are currently wearing the Grey Goo Armor in the Armor slot).
  • And then select the 'Talk' option and the scene should play correctly.
The wiki about this saids you need to be lvl 6 to do it (which shouldn't be a problem given that you can only access Uveto via Ice Queen as early as lvl 6).

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The wiki about this saids you need to be lvl 6 to do it (which shouldn't be a problem given that you can only access Uveto via Ice Queen as early as lvl 6).
Can't you also unlock it by beating Queen Taivra? Which could be done at a lower level. I generally wouldn't recommend it, but it could be done.