Updated the game for the first time and might have lost save file

Halbaricoque

Sep 25, 2024
Hello! I updated the game and now my save files don't appear, I used the auto save and the "normal"? save option, just now browsing around I noticed what "save to file" was for. Is my save somewhere on my phone or is gone for good due to me not using the save to file?

I play on android

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
IMPORTANT Once again, if you play the download Android APK version of the game and currently have installed a version prior to 0.7.12, you MUST install and launch version 0.7.15 BEFORE installing the new APK, or you will LOSE ALL YOUR LOCAL & AUTO SAVES (not your to-file saves).You’ll know the mechanism is working when you update to 0.7.15 because it gives you an annoying popup whenever anything saves. Once you have seen the popup, it is safe to download and install versions 0.7.16+. Version 0.7.15 is pinned on the PLAY page.

You most likely lost your saves because of this. Normally you shouldn't need to use the save to file except to create the occasional backups.

Halbaricoque

Sep 25, 2024
IMPORTANT Once again, if you play the download Android APK version of the game and currently have installed a version prior to 0.7.12, you MUST install and launch version 0.7.15 BEFORE installing the new APK, or you will LOSE ALL YOUR LOCAL & AUTO SAVES (not your to-file saves).You’ll know the mechanism is working when you update to 0.7.15 because it gives you an annoying popup whenever anything saves. Once you have seen the popup, it is safe to download and install versions 0.7.16+. Version 0.7.15 is pinned on the PLAY page.

You most likely lost your saves because of this. Normally you shouldn't need to use the save to file except to create the occasional backups.
I see, do I need to do this now that I have the latest version even without save files?