Unable to access saves from yesterday?

saltwortsimp

Oct 17, 2019
This might be me being a moron and missing something obvious, but my saves from my old character--as recent as last night--are unaccessable. They also have this weird lock icon around them. I was intending to restart anyway, but is this a bug, the result of the patch, or something I'm missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    434.7 KB · Views: 12

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Strange as hell. I legit have nfi.

Unless maybe you were able to get to Uveto in the brief period it was accidentally accessible, and the removal borked them...

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't see any locks other than those that are part of the Smuggler class icon.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I don't see any locks other than those that are part of the Smuggler class icon.
Yeah, those little padlocks show up for the smuggler in the stats screen.

The saves being inaccessible though...meaning they don't load?

Might be due to that Hammer Shield typo correction. Game had generated class references pointing towards "HammerSHield" and when it got corrected the saves wouldn't load, not even display crash reports.

Had to correct that to "HammerShield" (notice the difference in the second "H").

saltwortsimp

Oct 17, 2019
Smuggler icon causes the locks, that's a pretty obvious reason. Durr.

As for Uveto, no, never made it out there.

I can click on the save files in the load screen, and they highlight, but nothing happens. The page doesn't freeze, no lag, it's like pressing a crosswalk button--no effect. Very strange. Especially since it's ALL the saves from that character, stretching a good while back.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Did they have a Hammer Shield? There was a typo in the item that got fixed recently that could bork saves with the old value potentially.

saltwortsimp

Oct 17, 2019
Did they have a Hammer Shield? There was a typo in the item that got fixed recently that could bork saves with the old value potentially.
I think the answer is "quite possible", but alas I can't remember for sure, and unfortunately I can't go back and check! I did grind a bunch on Tarkus and swap some equipment out, so it's a real possibility. Probably not worth a huge amount of effort to fix, considering how narrow it is.

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
I have the same problem, and im 90% sure I am wearing a hammer shield as well. Saves from before ever stepping foot on tarkus work fine.

Edit:
1643772128016.png
So... yeah.

Last edited: