Unable to access fenforum directly

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Lookin' more and more like IPB will be kill sooner rather than later, and something that isn't trying to shoot its own feet off to replace it.  :v:

I have some experience with vBulletin starting at vBulletin 2 and going up to recent vBulletin 4 versions. However, since vBulletin IMHO is going in the wrong direction (and since Kier, Mike and Scott left because of that) I'm considering to switch our forums + CMS to Xenforo in mid to long term unless they make vB 5 much less shitty ...

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Same. We went with IPB based purely off my past experience with v3- v4 feels like its shot itself in the foot a lot, with a lot of questionable decisions. This shit ass fucking post box for one, with no feasible option to replace it at all. XenForo was the alternative considered at the time, and now here we are a year-ish later, with shit still kinda iffy...

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Well, IPB has some nice user experience features, but the WYSIWYG can be a PITA from time to time and ditching BBCode with absolutely no replacement is the worst idea they had IMHO. And if you turn off JS the editor is totally broken for that reason.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Just wanted to drop by and tell that the issue is gone for me atm. It didn´t work just a day or two ago, but now it´s okay.

Btw. I didn´t change the theme or anything of the sort.