UI Feedback / Wishlist

Agree, Disagree?

• Total voters

Jyrax

Nov 24, 2022
Hello, I've played various text based games and I feel like the navigation and information in your new UI feels a bit off. Just minor things really that would make it more enjoyable to play the game.

1. I would like to have my stats and the map visible at the same time, since there are times when events happens or natural stat changes, things you might need to check with a glance. To that end I hastily threw together two examples of what i mean;
Example1.pngExample2.png

While not immediately noticeable, there is a "show more" arrow beneath the stats that when clicked would hide the navigation keys and replace it with useful information such as passive stats, armor, evasion, etc. Preferably still keeping the status effects, either in top under energy or in the bottom under stats. This is probably my biggest pet peeve as the current process for checking my stats are; Codex (V) -> Stats (Q) -> Combat (2), thats 3 clicks, which breaks the flow of the game.

I'm not saying we should remove the stat screen but rather have this visible in the main screenspace. Since I personally never use the navigation buttons anyway, that and the toolbal is ginormous, so i shrank it and put it where the old toggle map/stats button was.

2. My second issue, which isnt really an issue but more of a QoL request. After defeating an enemy (spamming 1-1 or 2-1 on the keyboard). There are times when you accidentally click and progress the defeat event, playing a scene you wouldn't want. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but CoC2 does this really well where it shifts all actions away from key 1, thereby heavily reducing the likelyhood of you picking event by accident.

Outside those two instances this is a top notch UI with tons of customization.

OblivOreo

May 21, 2022
1. I would like to have my stats and the map visible at the same time,
I don't know what platform you're playing on, but I know in PC browsers (at least in Chrome and Firefox) you can click on the map and it'll expand, showing the stats and the map at the same time. The map takes up a bit of the space that was previously for text, but, personally, that's just how I play now.
So, technically that's already available...

there is a "show more" arrow beneath the stats that when clicked would hide the navigation keys and replace it with useful information such as passive stats, armor, evasion, etc. Preferably still keeping the status effects, either in top under energy or in the bottom under stats.
I actually really like this idea. Being able to see combat stats IN COMBAT would be nice, and having a "show more" arrow, or something similar could be a nice way to do that, or maybe just full-on REPLACE the arrows with combat stats or something during combat, since they're not used in scenes. (or rather, I've yet to run into any scenes where I can remember using the movement arrows, so If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.)

2. My second issue, which isnt really an issue but more of a QoL request.
Yeah, that's annoying, but, tbh, I've learned, more or less, to just watch the busts. There's a nice little animation that plays when someone is defeated, and that helps me not spam. There is an experimental "undo" option you can enable in the gameplay settings, though. Idk if that works in this case, but it couldn't hurt to try, right?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'd rather have the ability to toggle the 'Active' and 'Passive' stats. You don't usually need to know your HP/Shields/etc in town, but you need to see your Physique/Aim/etc when stat grinding, which usually occurs in town.

I'd like an easier way to see Evasion. It caps at 50%, which makes it easy to overinvest, particularly as a Smuggler. Right now, Inspecting new gear will tell you if it has more or less than what you currently have in that slot, but not if you'll overcap with it.

How often do you run out of space for the Status icons? I'm genuinely curious.

Something to keep in mind: A lot of the way things are set up is to cater to Mobile players. There's a heck of a lot of wasted space for PC, but on Mobile, it's a lot more cramped.

OblivOreo

May 21, 2022
Something to keep in mind: A lot of the way things are set up is to cater to Mobile players. There's a heck of a lot of wasted space for PC, but on Mobile, it's a lot more cramped.
That's entirely fair. I've never played on mobile, so I have zero experience with it.
How often do you run out of space for the Status icons? I'm genuinely curious.
I don't remember ever having that issue... but again, that might be because I'm on PC.
I'd rather have the ability to toggle the 'Active' and 'Passive' stats. You don't usually need to know your HP/Shields/etc in town, but you need to see your Physique/Aim/etc when stat grinding, which usually occurs in town.
I actually agree with this. Being able to swap them like that would be fantastic.

Kass

May 21, 2022
I don't know what platform you're playing on, but I know in PC browsers (at least in Chrome and Firefox) you can click on the map and it'll expand, showing the stats and the map at the same time. The map takes up a bit of the space that was previously for text, but, personally, that's just how I play now.
So, technically that's already available...

I do this occasionally, the reason I don't like it is that when you do this the sprites/busts/images of the characters shrink - I like to see who I'm talking to