Uh this is about kinu

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Kinu has a personality score that is affected by actions taken by the Champion and/or Kinu during unique events within the Astral Plane; upon being freed, she'll become one or the other depending on that score. Those events sound like the kinds of things you wanted to not get spoiled on, so I won't list them here. And there are three Kinu busts AFAIK: one each for child, Kitsune Hime and Young Inari.

it’s a game mechanic, rather scenes or special events, I didn’t even know that mechanic existed in the game, and I don’t consider this as spoilers to me, and are there any pictures that show all the different busts of kinu somewhere?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I don’t consider that as a spoiler, i didn’t know there’s a lot of threads about kinu, and I ignored the threads on purpose because I didn’t want to see any future content that’s planned, eg. Whenever a creator posts updates on new content on a character, they post a doc showing scenes, I ignore those because of spoilers, the two different variations of kinu isn’t a spoiler to me, and thank you for explaining it, also, do you know the things you need to do to get either of the two variations of her? And are there two different busts for her?

Easy question first: Yes, there are two different busts with both the official ones done by DCL. They are both awesome and gorgeous in different ways. (I‘ll post them both under a spoiler tag after I’m done here)

There are events that could trigger when you walk through Kinu’s square (16 total) that could be either you interacting with Kinu or you playing as Kinu. Either way, when you make a choice, it will influence her Personality Score towards either Kitsune Hime or Young Inari. A score of 0 or higher will result in Young Inari while a negative number score will result in Kitsune Hime. By default, Kinu starts with a score of 1. As you progress, you can see which route you’re leaning based om certain dialogue from Kinu (i.e. her attitude towards her mother and what she talks about regarding her education). You can also just open up your save file and check the number yourself, hahaha.

I will also note that in order to guarantee you get all 16 events, make sure you at least 16 kits with Kiyoko because some events are gated behind how many kids you have with Kiyoko (one of the events requires at least 16 kits to trigger, and there’s one needing 4 and another needing 6 or 8).

Also, if you’re having rotten luck getting any events to proc, just pacing around Kinu’s square until you get one works. ;)

One last thing I will note is that there isn’t a “good” or “bad” route either way for Kinu (though they are kinda opposite extremes on the sociability/willfulness spectrum), so if you like being surprised, all I can say is pick whatever choice you feel inclined to take and see where it takes you.

Hope that answers your question well enough! And without further ado, have the two Kinus:

Kitsune Hime:
upload_2020-2-10_13-34-16.png
Young Inari
upload_2020-2-10_13-34-48.png

EDIT: PS: CoC2 wiki is your friend if you want all busts and stuff in one place. ;p

Last edited:

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Easy question first: Yes, there are two different busts with both the official ones done by DCL. They are both awesome and gorgeous in different ways. (I‘ll post them both under a spoiler tag after I’m done here)

There are events that could trigger when you walk through Kinu’s square (16 total) that could be either you interacting with Kinu or you playing as Kinu. Either way, when you make a choice, it will influence her Personality Score towards either Kitsune Hime or Young Inari. A score of 0 or higher will result in Young Inari while a negative number score will result in Kitsune Hime. By default, Kinu starts with a score of 1. As you progress, you can see which route you’re leaning based om certain dialogue from Kinu (i.e. her attitude towards her mother and what she talks about regarding her education). You can also just open up your save file and check the number yourself, hahaha.

I will also note that in order to guarantee you get all 16 events, make sure you at least 16 kits with Kiyoko because some events are gated behind how many kids you have with Kiyoko (one of the events requires at least 16 kits to trigger, and there’s one needing 4 and another needing 6 or 8).

Also, if you’re having rotten luck getting any events to proc, just pacing around Kinu’s square until you get one works. ;)

One last thing I will note is that there isn’t a “good” or “bad” route either way for Kinu (though they are kinda opposite extremes on the sociability/willfulness spectrum), so if you like being surprised, all I can say is pick whatever choice you feel inclined to take and see where it takes you.

Hope that answers your question well enough! And without further ado, have the two Kinus:

EDIT: PS: CoC2 wiki is your friend if you want all busts and stuff in one place. ;p

thanks for the info, yea I totally did not know this was a thing, when I saw the two busts, I just though it was two different styles that were drawn by different people, so I guess I got hime, I know that you get special kiyoko events, but does it effect kinu if you don’t do the kiyoko events? Since I wanted to do all events for kinu, but I didn’t know this mechanic was in the game, and thought that I went through all events with kinu

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
thanks for the info, yea I totally did not know this was a thing, when I saw the two busts, I just though it was two different styles that were drawn by different people, so I guess I got hime, I know that you get special kiyoko events, but does it effect kinu if you don’t do the kiyoko events? Since I wanted to do all events for kinu, but I didn’t know this mechanic was in the game, and thought that I went through all events with kinu

Which Kiyoko events? If you mean the events you influence or play as Kinu, you don’t have to do them, but that would make her default to Young Inari. Since Kinu’s starting score is 1 (any non-negative number score = Young Inari). Makes sense considering if you’re never around to teach your headstrong but very naive child anything, they are most likely to end up being Teen Rebellion(TM). Which is reflected pretty well from what I’ve seen of Young Inari route, lol.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

QualityCuntrol

Nov 12, 2019

It was two different artists, too: the very first busts we saw for Inari!Kinu was drawn by Alder, while the first and only (so far) Hime!Kinu bust was from DCLexicon. DCL also eventually drew an Inari!Kinu bust. The wiki's not entirely up to date, but Kinu's page should have a table of all the different events and their impact. I don't know what you count as a spoiler or not, but the table shouldn't have any, and you can just scroll past the other stuff without reading.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Which Kiyoko events? If you mean the events you influence or play as Kinu, you don’t have to do them, but that would make her default to Young Inari. Since Kinu’s starting score is 1 (any non-negative number score = Young Inari). Makes sense considering if you’re never around to teach your headstrong but very naive child anything, they are most likely to end up being Teen Rebellion(TM). Which is reflected pretty well from what I’ve seen of Young Inari route, lol.

I was there for her, I tried to do something with her everytime, eg. Play a game, and my kinu ended up being polite, with the picture with her dress put down to her shoulders, which is Hime, to me, Inari fits the personality better, and I didn’t know alder drew a picture of kinu, that’s cool, nevermind

Last edited:

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I was there for her, I tried to do something with her everytime, eg. Play a game, and my kinu ended up being polite, with the picture with her dress put down to her shoulders, which is Hime, to me, Inari fits the personality better, and I didn’t know alder drew a picture of kinu, that’s cool, nevermind

Why do you think Inari fits Hime's personality better?

While initially I was thrown off, it made sense after Tobs explained his reasoning. Basically, if you allowed/encouraged your daughter to be independent and willful, naturally the product would be someone willful to the point they refuse to acknowledge any perspective.

Of course, some of the life choices options seem a bit odd, but overall they are consistent with the final results (the wiki lists which aspect of Kinu's personality that play into).

The sparrow event for example, I personally feel that Hime would have been willing to bend the rules to feed them as well (especially since in the Food Thief, Hime option is to let Aya off with a warning while Inari harshly turns her in).

But if you examine the motives of each, it kind of makes sense for Inari at least. In both situations, Inari was motivated by "right vs. wrong". For Hime, the sparrow event was a hard choice because it was a time of hardship and she faces the conflict of there being possibly not enough food for her family based on her mother's estimates. The Food Thief meanwhile simply involved a younger sibling and Hime empathized with Aya's fear of punishment from their mother, so she's willing to shoulder being wrongly blamed before as long as it doesn't happen again.

Beauty Advice I think is the most telling. Kinu is pissed at Aya no matter what personality she's on. This time however, we get a neutral option in addition to Inari and Hime ones. The latter two are the extremes, with Inari wanting to physically get back at her without considering anyone else (she ends up creating extra trouble for Asagiri on this choice) while Hime verbally hits her where it hurts because she knows exactly what can fuck up a person because of her empathy (I feel like most people don't realize that empathetic people are also capable of causing the greatest emotional harm because they can look from other perspectives and GET what would harm as person as well as they can tell what would help them). Which leads to Asagiri pointing out she was needlessly cruel.

Neutral route that doesn't affect the score is not surprisingly the most mature option, and either Kinu could plausibly do it because that's what they'd do from keeping their anger under control.

In any case though, I picked an almost equal share of Hime and Inari options naturally and personally feel my choices all still make sense in landing Hime for myself. I actually like that Tobs made the choices feel organic so players going blind can choose based on whatever feels most right to them.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
For Hime, the sparrow event was a hard choice because it was a time of hardship and she faces the conflict of there being possibly not enough food for her family based on her mother's estimates. The Food Thief meanwhile simply involved a younger sibling and Hime empathized with Aya's fear of punishment from their mother, so she's willing to shoulder being wrongly blamed before as long as it doesn't happen again.

Authorial note here: What I was going for with the sparrows was a valuation of which virtue the Kinu valued more: compassion in feeding the birds (Hime), or honesty in keeping to her promise to her mother to get all the rice to her intact (Inari). It's nice to see people come up with alternative interpretations.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Authorial note here: What I was going for with the sparrows was a valuation of which virtue the Kinu valued more: compassion in feeding the birds (Hime), or honesty in keeping to her promise to her mother to get all the rice to her intact (Inari). It's nice to see people come up with alternative interpretations.

But Tobs! The wiki and the doc both give Kinu an Inari score if you feed the birds. owo;

And I had been tracking Kinu's score with every choice I made and feeding definitely gave a +1 score. Is this a bit of oversight?

Reactions: Salomon

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Why do you think Inari fits Hime's personality better?

While initially I was thrown off, it made sense after Tobs explained his reasoning. Basically, if you allowed/encouraged your daughter to be independent and willful, naturally the product would be someone willful to the point they refuse to acknowledge any perspective.

Of course, some of the life choices options seem a bit odd, but overall they are consistent with the final results (the wiki lists which aspect of Kinu's personality that play into).

The sparrow event for example, I personally feel that Hime would have been willing to bend the rules to feed them as well (especially since in the Food Thief, Hime option is to let Aya off with a warning while Inari harshly turns her in).

But if you examine the motives of each, it kind of makes sense for Inari at least. In both situations, Inari was motivated by "right vs. wrong". For Hime, the sparrow event was a hard choice because it was a time of hardship and she faces the conflict of there being possibly not enough food for her family based on her mother's estimates. The Food Thief meanwhile simply involved a younger sibling and Hime empathized with Aya's fear of punishment from their mother, so she's willing to shoulder being wrongly blamed before as long as it doesn't happen again.

Beauty Advice I think is the most telling. Kinu is pissed at Aya no matter what personality she's on. This time however, we get a neutral option in addition to Inari and Hime ones. The latter two are the extremes, with Inari wanting to physically get back at her without considering anyone else (she ends up creating extra trouble for Asagiri on this choice) while Hime verbally hits her where it hurts because she knows exactly what can fuck up a person because of her empathy (I feel like most people don't realize that empathetic people are also capable of causing the greatest emotional harm because they can look from other perspectives and GET what would harm as person as well as they can tell what would help them). Which leads to Asagiri pointing out she was needlessly cruel.

Neutral route that doesn't affect the score is not surprisingly the most mature option, and either Kinu could plausibly do it because that's what they'd do from keeping their anger under control.

In any case though, I picked an almost equal share of Hime and Inari options naturally and personally feel my choices all still make sense in landing Hime for myself. I actually like that Tobs made the choices feel organic so players going blind can choose based on whatever feels most right to them.

sorry you missunderstood, I meant that the polite kinu, suites Inari better, because Inari looks like she’s polite and kind

Maximilian

Feb 7, 2020
sorry you missunderstood, I meant that the polite kinu, suites Inari better, because Inari looks like she’s polite and kind

OH, I got this one, ahem. It's because you are not considering their cultural norms and forcing your western stereotype of what a polite/proper person in her position looks like!

Did I do it right? Did I do the thing? I started a rant thread and got scolded like that by Obs, huehue.

But for real working the fields in that robe, hell no, I've done farm work, I live in Canada I know what cold is, if it is warm enough that crops don't die from frost overnight that robe would KILL a human from heat exhaustion. And yes I suppose it would be a pain to have different outfits for every location and it is just to represent formal wear, but maybe I'm just being a petty bitch and relize these things, but don't want to admit it!

Shura

Apr 15, 2018

Uh, no, I got that just fine. If you check Inari’s description as well as some Inari route event dialogue, that’s part of her facade. Inari’s modus operandi is to act all demure and innocent to snare enemies. Emphasis on “ACT” because in reality, she’s very willful to the point she will legit fight people on a subject given a choice and absolutely determined to live 100% true to herself. Which makes her super stubborn and incapable of empathizing with most people. Even Komari will point out that Kinu’s....not so innocent as she leads people to believe. Ironically, Hime is the genuinely innocent one because she has so much faith in other people as opposed to Inari who only trusts herself and a select few.

And as Max pointed out, you really need to put down the lens of Western stereotypes because farmers are definitely a ruggedly stubborn lot. And in Eastern culture at least, farmers are considered a coarse bunch because of all the manual labor and few etiquette standards. Nobility on the other hand are expected to always be polite and proper, don’t go sleeping around (though that mostly applies to women), etc etc. Why wouldn’t Hime be the polite and respectful one? She’s literally Fantasy Nippon Princess Diana.

So, no, Inari most definitely would NOT be the polite one if you factor all these in. As the old saying goes, don’t judge a book by its cover.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
OH, I got this one, ahem. It's because you are not considering their cultural norms and forcing your western stereotype of what a polite/proper person in her position looks like!

Did I do it right? Did I do the thing? I started a rant thread and got scolded like that by Obs, huehue.

But for real working the fields in that robe, hell no, I've done farm work, I live in Canada I know what cold is, if it is warm enough that crops don't die from frost overnight that robe would KILL a human from heat exhaustion. And yes I suppose it would be a pain to have different outfits for every location and it is just to represent formal wear, but maybe I'm just being a petty bitch and relize these things, but don't want to admit it!

Uh, no, I got that just fine. If you check Inari’s description as well as some Inari route event dialogue, that’s part of her facade. Inari’s modus operandi is to act all demure and innocent to snare enemies. Emphasis on “ACT” because in reality, she’s very willful to the point she will legit fight people on a subject given a choice and absolutely determined to live 100% true to herself. Which makes her super stubborn and incapable of empathizing with most people. Even Komari will point out that Kinu’s....not so innocent as she leads people to believe. Ironically, Hime is the genuinely innocent one because she has so much faith in other people as opposed to Inari who only trusts herself and a select few.

And as Max pointed out, you really need to put down the lens of Western stereotypes because farmers are definitely a ruggedly stubborn lot. And in Eastern culture at least, farmers are considered a coarse bunch because of all the manual labor and few etiquette standards. Nobility on the other hand are expected to always be polite and proper, don’t go sleeping around (though that mostly applies to women), etc etc. Why wouldn’t Hime be the polite and respectful one? She’s literally Fantasy Nippon Princess Diana.

So, no, Inari most definitely would NOT be the polite one if you factor all these in. As the old saying goes, don’t judge a book by its cover.

not sure where the whole farm thing came from, i don’t have Anything against them, I only stated that In my opinion, the polite kinu doesn’t match the picture, that both of her personalities don’t match their pictures, that’s all

Maximilian

Feb 7, 2020
I personally don't find either of them rude though. I find one to be uptight, diplomatic, and 'proper' (follow as many rules as possible) and the other to be friendly, (to her 'papa' at least) blunt, and 'carefree' (ignore social norms over practical matters.)

When talking to Hime she seems more standoffish, because she wants to follow her cultural heritage, but in the scenes from her perspective she normally gets along well with most of the other Kitsune, especially her mother. Inari on the other hand is very warm when you talk with her, happy to let you pamper her a little bit even though she knows it improper, but the scenes from her perspective make her seem almost anti-social towards most of the Kitsune, other then her husbando and Matron.

As for the clothing, my interpretation is a Kitsune in her position, white haired and from a sacred bloodline, should be an elegant example to those around her, wearing a smile but not showing true feeling, the lighter more elegant clothes even in a winter climate. Where as Inari has a more genuine smile because she is happy to see you and does not care who sees, and wears the heavier close because she does not care what people think of her privileged heritage and just wants to be comfy.

But then again Obs seems to REALLY have every thing mapped out in their head, so reader interpretation may not be a strong factor and I could be talking out my ass.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I personally don't find either of them rude though. I find one to be uptight, diplomatic, and 'proper' (follow as many rules as possible) and the other to be friendly, (to her 'papa' at least) blunt, and 'carefree' (ignore social norms over practical matters.)

When talking to Hime she seems more standoffish, because she wants to follow her cultural heritage, but in the scenes from her perspective she normally gets along well with most of the other Kitsune, especially her mother. Inari on the other hand is very warm when you talk with her, happy to let you pamper her a little bit even though she knows it improper, but the scenes from her perspective make her seem almost anti-social towards most of the Kitsune, other then her husbando and Matron.

As for the clothing, my interpretation is a Kitsune in her position, white haired and from a sacred bloodline, should be an elegant example to those around her, wearing a smile but not showing true feeling, the lighter more elegant clothes even in a winter climate. Where as Inari has a more genuine smile because she is happy to see you and does not care who sees, and wears the heavier close because she does not care what people think of her privileged heritage and just wants to be comfy.

But then again Obs seems to REALLY have every thing mapped out in their head, so reader interpretation may not be a strong factor and I could be talking out my ass.

if I said that she’s rude, it wasn’t my intention, as for for being apart of a royal bloodline, I’d think that kiyoko wouldn’t be interested in all that now, I would think all she would want, is to live a normal life

Maximilian

Feb 7, 2020
Hmm, I guess I may have jumped the gun on polite and rude being opposites, they do not have to be, that's just how I read it. As for Kiyoko, she really seems to want her eldest daughter to be a prominent member of her society, 'normal' for her would be to embrace her sacred bloodline, maybe becoming the governor at some point or a priestess maybe, something respectable, not doing commoner work.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Hmm, I guess I may have jumped the gun on polite and rude being opposites, they do not have to be, that's just how I read it. As for Kiyoko, she really seems to want her eldest daughter to be a prominent member of her society, 'normal' for her would be to embrace her sacred bloodline, maybe becoming the governor at some point or a priestess maybe, something respectable, not doing commoner work.

well I meant that kiyoko wouldn’t care about being royalty, and I was thinking something more humble for kinu, like being a teacher, I like to think that after saving the world, the champ would help the kitsune by telling the world that they aren’t as bad as everyone believe they are, and that the champ would be responsible for making kitsune be able to travel freely among everyone else without ridicule, so kinu would be a teacher and teach about kitsunes in general

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
not sure where the whole farm thing came from, i don’t have Anything against them, I only stated that In my opinion, the polite kinu doesn’t match the picture, that both of her personalities don’t match their pictures, that’s all

Did you catch the part I described their personalities are the opposite of how they present themselves? Because that was the point of my ramble. >;P

Let me rephrase them in less words:

1) Hime presents herself as assertive and confident, but she's actually on the dependent side and Very Nervous about making big decisions on her own without her mother's guidance. Actually is not very confident, but projects it as a persona in front of everyone aside from her father because Fake it till you make it. And that's Hime's mindset for uncertainties. Her art has her embracing the confident princess only because she needs to look the part so she can feel it and thus act it.

2) Inari puts on a meek and demure front to fool any idiot that thinks she'd be an easy target. She's actually VERY confident and assertive to the point she gets in people's faces if their opinion differs from hers.

She doesn't believe in being socially acceptable just because it's what society deems acceptable. She only acts how she sincerely feels unless the situation demands she bite her tongue. Her art has her looking all calm and "polite" because that's literally her aesthetic (i.e. "sweet countrygirl"). Reality is, she's a real prat when you don't agree with her. :p

I was addressing your comment about the personalities not matching the "looks" (which I am still presuming refers to her art) before and I apologize if I wasn't clear. But I hope this time makes more sense to you.

Last edited:

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
Did you catch the part I described their personalities are the opposite of how they present themselves? Because that was the point of my ramble. >;P

Let me rephrase them in less words:

1) Hime presents herself as assertive and confident, but she's actually on the dependent side and Very Nervous about making big decisions on her own without her mother's guidance. Actually is not very confident, but projects it as a persona in front of everyone aside from her father because Fake it till you make it. And that's Hime's mindset for uncertainties. Her art has her embracing the confident princess only because she needs to look the part so she can feel it and thus act it.

2) Inari puts on a meek and demure front to fool any idiot that thinks she'd be an easy target. She's actually VERY confident and assertive to the point she gets in people's faces if their opinion differs from hers.

She doesn't believe in being socially acceptable just because it's what society deems acceptable. She only acts how she sincerely feels unless the situation demands she bite her tongue. Her art has her looking all calm and "polite" because that's literally her aesthetic (i.e. "sweet countrygirl"). Reality is, she's a real prat when you don't agree with her. :p

I was addressing your comment about the personalities not matching the "looks" (which I am still presuming refers to her art) before and I apologize if I wasn't clear. But I hope this time makes more sense to you.

Thank you, yes I did get it, I understand the personalities behind hime and inari, but in my opinion that the personality of hime matches the picture of inari more, I do understand what your saying, it’s just to me, those don’t match each other

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Thank you, yes I did get it, I understand the personalities behind hime and inari, but in my opinion that the personality of hime matches the picture of inari more, I do understand what your saying, it’s just to me, those don’t match each other

So what do you think would match?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
as much as I love the picture, I think a picture similar to inari

Fair enough! Ironically, I actually a WIP drawing to try to make her official design feel like a Disney Princess, haha.

I actually had to change the wiki description a bit because Hime does not act like a maneater femme fatale AT ALL. She's just a proper upper class lady.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Why would she not stay as a kid forever, was far more simple, LIke this: take care of little fox kid, she loves you, wich also makes her mother loves you, now i have to deal with hundreds years old grandma, Her Whole village attacking me, That stupid guy called nakano, who have a lot of problems on his head so much that he just gonna kill you for walking on his backyard, i will not let him touch my sweet little white fox, that farm guy called Hitoshi its 1000% better, also Marriage money.

Family is a problem, you have to see how much Garth does and suffers to keep Garret in check, prefer much more adventuring at least i will die happy in some old dungeon. Finn was right all along about relationships, they suck. i just doing this to save Kiyoko ass from that daam god Dimension, and the little white fox.

PS: Mostly i´m just kidding and dramatization a lot, mostly, dont ban me.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Why would she not stay as a kid forever, was far more simple, LIke this: take care of little fox kid, she loves you, wich also makes her mother loves you, now i have to deal with hundreds years old grandma, Her Whole village attacking me, That stupid guy called nakano, who have a lot of problems on his head so much that he just gonna kill you for walking on his backyard, i will not let him touch my sweet little white fox, that farm guy called Hitoshi its 1000% better, also Marriage money.

Family is a problem, you have to see how much Garth does and suffers to keep Garret in check, prefer much more adventuring at least i will die happy in some old dungeon. Finn was right all along about relationships, they suck. i just doing this to save Kiyoko ass from that daam god Dimension, and the little white fox.

Hey, don’t shid on my boi Nakano like that; he’s trying his best. >;[

Oh man, if OP thinks the current Hime art looks too slutty and smug, they should have seen the VERY OLD Alder art. Hime looked like a total OBNOXIOUS PRAT and was called “Elegant Slut” instead.

I am curious if that was the original concept for her that changed over time, or if Tobs was just very vague to the artists so they just assumed she’d be obnoxious or cocky. XD

Personally, while Hime’s art is a bit jarring most of the time when you read her dialogue/scenes next to it, I can see it more like a regal impish smile, which fits the other side of her personality. Baby girl still has her moments of being a tricky little shit here and there. X3

Reactions: Tristan Black

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA

You don't have to free them.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
You don't have to free them.
And leaving her in there alone forever for another 250 years ? until another person came by chance ? and you can just save her, i dont think so, Also we dont know how much time was actually for her in there, Personaly. And time difference and all that.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Oh man, if OP thinks the current Hime art looks too slutty and smug, they should have seen the VERY OLD Alder art. Hime looked like a total OBNOXIOUS PRAT and was called “Elegant Slut” instead.
The one on the wiki where she's basically fellating a skewer of dango? 'I know what this looks like and I don't care'.

Reactions: Shura

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
that farm guy called Hitoshi its 1000% better

I know your post was meant to be a joke. But I'm going to just pick this bit to point out something. Hitoshi is as a bad choice of spouse as Nakano, for a wildly different reason.

Nakano has the drive and ambition to be a success, but neither the ability to get his head out of his own ass to think or the willingness to look beyond his own culture and look at the world beyond. And its that last part that will cause him trouble. He's always going to be an asshole to the Champion, doesn't matter if they helped to resurrect Kiyoko or married her. It doesn't matter if they sired Kinu or is on a fistbump basis with the chief god of the Kitsune, the Champion will always be an outsider. But combine that with the fact that Nakano's own heritage means he's stuck in, whats to him the boonies, is a disgrace and he'd do anything to prove his worth. And that could cause trouble for the Dens. And I suspect that the reason why Komari doesn't approve of the relationship between him and Hime Kinu is because she knows that Kinu is savvy enough to help him with that, and probably blow up in their face. (Remember, one of Kinu's defining traits is that she's very intelligent, but not that wise)

Contrast Hitoshi and he has the inverse. Hitoshi just cares about a very small number of things; farming, his family and Inari Kinu. He doesn't care about the world at large and would be quite happy to keep his head down and let the world pass him by. He has no drive or ambition, no desire to improve his lot in life. He's Mr Dependable. And he's content to let things stay like that, just as Inari Kinu is happy to stay like that. Which, you can imagine, is why Kiyoko isn't found of him - she's spent 200 years in stasis and she doesn't want the same for her daughter.

Both suitors appeal to some aspect of Kinu's personality but neither are going to be "great", in part because of Kinu.