Turn backup into save file

yiyoiyi

Sep 21, 2016
Hello there, I'm new here and sorry if this was already asked (although I did search for it and I couldn't find an answer)

I HAD a lvl 10 character that was my first character actually and for some reason my save file disappeared, I went to the folder where the game says that my saves go and there is a file named CcC_1_backup.sol and my question is...

Is there a way to turn this backup file into the save file that the game loads? or is my character gone?

yiyoiyi

Sep 21, 2016
does it have to be only the CoC_1.sol? because now I tried but I copied it and renamed it so I dont lose the backup and it doesn't load it

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
As far as I know the number isn't important. The name is. There was another game I know of that uses flash and has .sol saves. A guy mistakenly deleted a .sol save but the backup was still there. He was able to recover it using the backup but I think he removed the "backup" from the name. Maybe could try loading the file? Or google "recover .sol save from backup"? Create another save file and compare how they're named?

yiyoiyi

Sep 21, 2016
I didn't work either, I think I'm just going to let it go at this point, I'm gonna miss her though