Treatments for cross-species conception

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Don't take the number of products currently available as a hard count of how many there will ever be.

That said, Steele Biomedical was first established as part of Victor's attempts to extend his own life and give Captain Steele a better chance with theirs, rather than being concerned primarily with commercial viability. It was basically Victor's pet project.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I had forgotten that Steele Tech gets the actual goo tech, even if you destroy or help out the Captain. Without the consciousness controlling it though, the grey goo itself isn't an AI or even a VI, just an empty shell that can be made into cool shapes. Steele Tech may have started developing a new AI or VI for the grey goo, but they would be starting from scratch, so it would take years for anything to actually work as intended, if not decades.
Check your facts, dood.

A direct quote from Anno's Nova Update option:
“Well, we’re looking into the actual goo itself, too. Trying to reverse-engineer their network A.I., figure out ways to make them do things other than suck dick. I mean, giving JoyCo a run for their money on pleasure droids alone is pretty valuable, but the thing about gray goo - the really exciting part about them - is that they’re both chassis and intelligence rolled together. They just form up to whatever configuration you need ‘em in, as long as you have enough goo. I really wanna see if we can make, say, a giant elephant goo, or turn them into mini-leithans. And that’s not even scratching the surface of their applications. Bell-Isle/Grunmann didn’t know what they were sitting on - or didn’t know how to take advantage of it, anyway. Corporate couldn’t be happier with our work.”

Additionally, the whole moral dilemma in Deck 13 quest came from the fact that bodies formed from those nanomachines automatically came to being and developed as cute bouncy bimbo girls.

Last edited:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Not much of a moral dilemma for me. I still wonder why there are no effect on the gray goo population on Tarkus even when they were wiped out to get the Nova's crew new bodies.

Back on track, the gray goo could be considered as a kind of wetware?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Check your facts, dood.

A direct quote from Anno's Nova Update option:
“Well, we’re looking into the actual goo itself, too. Trying to reverse-engineer their network A.I., figure out ways to make them do things other than suck dick. I mean, giving JoyCo a run for their money on pleasure droids alone is pretty valuable, but the thing about gray goo - the really exciting part about them - is that they’re both chassis and intelligence rolled together. They just form up to whatever configuration you need ‘em in, as long as you have enough goo. I really wanna see if we can make, say, a giant elephant goo, or turn them into mini-leithans. And that’s not even scratching the surface of their applications. Bell-Isle/Grunmann didn’t know what they were sitting on - or didn’t know how to take advantage of it, anyway. Corporate couldn’t be happier with our work.”

Additionally, the whole moral dilemma in Deck 13 quest came from the fact that bodies formed from those nanomachines automatically came to being and developed as cute bouncy bimbo girls.
Ah, that's right.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Not much of a moral dilemma for me. I still wonder why there are no effect on the gray goo population on Tarkus even when they were wiped out to get the Nova's crew new bodies.

Back on track, the gray goo could be considered as a kind of wetware?
They were NOT wiped out. We took out the leader. The goo on the surface can still operate on an individual level. Like Anno says, if you get enough of them together there's intelligence(paraphrased). Therefore, because of the standard programming, they become creatures that will fight you in order to pleasure you.

@Lancer I'm sorry I never got to finding these things for our conversation, the last couple of days have been a bit busy. These are the things I was trying to point at.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
They were NOT wiped out. We took out the leader. The goo on the surface can still operate on an individual level. Like Anno says, if you get enough of them together there's intelligence(paraphrased). Therefore, because of the standard programming, they become creatures that will fight you in order to pleasure you.

@Lancer I'm sorry I never got to finding these things for our conversation, the last couple of days have been a bit busy. These are the things I was trying to point at.
It depends on what ending you chose. There is an ending where the goos on the surface were in fact completely taken over by the consciousnesses in the sentient goo, but nothing seems to change on the surface after it.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Have you even spoken to Anno? I'll admit that my head-cannon may be off from the reality of the game's facts but Anno clearly defies several of the things you've mentioned as I recall.
Most of the stuff Anno sells isn't actually made by SteeleTech. The only huge divergence from their mining operations are the things Victor personally commissioned for himself (a few of which were then made publicly available) and SteeleTech's limited mod research branch is capable but very clearly a pet project rather than something meant to diversify it.

With the game's huge focus on transformatives SteeleTech as a mining company doesn't end up being the cool sexy thing people might want it to be but it'd also be really hokey for them to break into markets they have no clout in just because the player did a quest or two.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
What are you on about? The gray goo we fight at the end of AnnoQuest is not the leader of the ditzy gray goo bimbos we find outside. It's the collective consciousnesses of the crew of the Nova stuffed in a gray goo body. And the wild gray goos do not fight you in order to pleasure you (if anything that would be the the malfunctioning sex-bots). The wild gray goos are trying to pleasure you to extract lubricant from you and have fun with you, wether you like it or not.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
What are you on about? The gray goo we fight at the end of AnnoQuest is not the leader of the ditzy gray goo bimbos we find outside. It's the collective consciousnesses of the crew of the Nova stuffed in a gray goo body. And the wild gray goos do not fight you in order to pleasure you (if anything that would be the the malfunctioning sex-bots). The wild gray goos are trying to pleasure you to extract lubricant from you and have fun with you, wether you like it or not.
Crap, you're right. I'm mixing up Deck 13 and the Hand So story. Partially because the gray goo bot on the ship has a similar mentality to the sexbots.