Transformative Perks

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Apologies if it's been asked before, I tried a search with various forms of "transformation" and "perk" together, but was unable to find anything

I wanted to know if hitting a "Transformation Threshhold" (the point were you arent a chimera, you are *RACE*) gave any perks, stats, or benefits of any kind. (Such as a small boost to slashing resist for scaled creatures, or a small boost to evasion for catfolk)

Or if all Transformations are STRICTLY cosmetic with no plans to give passives to any races.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
They are all cosmetic.

Your current race will give you a set of affinities for your stats when you level up, but that it all. There are a couple powers tied to body parts, but they are generally weak and for show.

Learning from the previous games, we do not want people to feel obligated to be X race in order to maximise their combat potential.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Only "powers" I can think of are the heat cycles for certain beastfolk and the rut cycle for orcs. And those are more hindrance than help, especially if not addressed.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
They are all cosmetic.

Your current race will give you a set of affinities for your stats when you level up, but that it all. There are a couple powers tied to body parts, but they are generally weak and for show.

Learning from the previous games, we do not want people to feel obligated to be X race in order to maximise their combat potential.
Will this be handled differently with the permanent tfs like kitsune? I was assuming we would get kitsune perks and powers as a bonus for example.