Transformation post Keros Soulbound.

44_CoC2_44

Apr 2, 2022
I’m thinking of making a character that's a Kitsune and so I’m gonna go for Soulbound. I know once you’re Soulbound that yo can no longer transform certain parts of your character (such as tail, head, and face) but I do remember last time I did one that there are parts of the body that could be changed afterwards. Does anyone remember what parts these were?

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
I could not Exacly find the answer on the wiki, i alredy found the Answer here but lost it when i searched for it again. the wiki says you change, eyes, hair e skin color. and became kitsune like, thats it. But my question is. What Exacly you gain by giving you Soul to Keros, i know its alredy being asnwered a few times.

Another Curiosity: They Say Kitsune bound by keros, can live far longer lifes, So Tecnically a Kitstune champion can live hundreds of years ? I know Boreals elves can live 200 ish years, and Surprising Teleer can live 130s years. Good for teleer players i ghess, but few reasons to give soul to Keros would be Live Longer, and help people for more time.

PS: I found this old Post, this still valid ?
1651633399846.png

Last edited:

SeveringCrisis

May 24, 2018
Mechanical stuff is nonexistant beyond access to the skills Blue flame blade, foxfire and kitsunetsuki (search wiki for info on skills)

everything else is the same.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Mechanical stuff is nonexistant beyond access to the skills Blue flame blade, foxfire and kitsunetsuki (search wiki for info on skills)

everything else is the same.
And the Only things that change characterwise are the kitsuness and few companions ? and that you like being petted.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah, kitsunes heads and tails are eroginous, so o course they do, but its makes all the kitsune treat you much better and keep the resentment inn private. Cantchange it too much otherwise people start trying to makeoptimal builds via TFs.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Yeah, kitsunes heads and tails are eroginous, so o course they do, but its makes all the kitsune treat you much better and keep the resentment inn private. Cantchange it too much otherwise people start trying to makeoptimal builds via TFs.
Hmm... one last question then, there is some scene that changes dramatically because you are Kitsune outisde of the Big Three ?, because you "are" Kitsune it have made a difference. With a character, battle or something ? I read when you became a Valkyrie in the future, the Dawnsword quest is gonna be notable different. If not now maybe future concent, Just to know.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Another Curiosity: They Say Kitsune bound by keros, can live far longer lifes, So Tecnically a Kitstune champion can live hundreds of years ? I know Boreals elves can live 200 ish years, and Surprising Teleer can live 130s years. Good for teleer players i ghess, but few reasons to give soul to Keros would be Live Longer, and help people for more time.
TFing other than via soulbinding is largely cosmetic; if you TF into a taeleer you are not going to gain a taeleer lifespan. This extends to any racial metaphysics as well and physical traits are in 'it depends' territory, per some comments on Discord by Tobs.

We know this isn't the case for soulbinding because Kiyoko has an entire conversation about your lifespan and hers and it will change dramatically if you become a kitsune. Aly has mentioned on Discord that whichever deity you give your soul to basically makes a deal with Tira on your behalf.

Cosmetic TFs.png

Godsworn lifespans.png

Reactions: Soldier660

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
TFing other than via soulbinding is largely cosmetic; if you TF into a taeleer you are not going to gain a taeleer lifespan. This extends to any racial metaphysics as well and physical traits are in 'it depends' territory, per some comments on Discord by Tobs.

We know this isn't the case for soulbinding because Kiyoko has an entire conversation about your lifespan and hers and it will change dramatically if you become a kitsune. Aly has mentioned on Discord that whichever deity you give your soul to basically makes a deal with Tira on your behalf.
----
Really ? Interesting, by Tobs you mean Observer ? I was unaware of this nickname.

Also really Tira ? have to go all the way to Tira for this ?, They are not powerful enough themselfs for that ?. Well.. i ghess skin change is just clothing at this point, you choose what to wear everyday. But yeah, the Worldbuilding is becoming more complex everyday.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Tira's divine portfolio includes death and time so she's the one to go to if you want someone who should be living to the age of eighty (let's say) to potentially get to live for a century or more longer than they're meant to.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah it's the case they can make a better case to her to allow you a longer life, just ignore komari because yasha are weird.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Yeah it's the case they can make a better case to her to allow you a longer life, just ignore komari because yasha are weird.
Ignore hum ? allright, i do not write the rules. I was going to mention something about Hades and Zeus, just because reminded me of that.
Coc 1 was really all about Power gaming ? I dont renember being like that, I find it cool you win some abilities from race, but never gamebreaking i treat it as a bonus, while you could enjoy making the character looks like you want, at least would give a sense of uniqueness that each race have. At Least in Coc 2 you still got racial things like Noticing the Kitsune on the forest if you are a Lupine or Hunter, and Perks like Nuki Nuts. I Love every situation that becomes unique to you because of who you are.

So at the end of the day is more less something like this:

You sell you soul for bons and powers, also becoming deep conected to that god you choose, and his personal race, you have three options/Choices.

Kitsune: Little puff of Fire, Fluffy Tails and the incrible pleasure of being petted, So much so it makes you a petslut.
Maybe Little Political power and Longer Lifespan.

Gothmander: Eating magic, from spells or beings of magic themselfs... Poor Wisps... and mages...
While having a cool fire tail, like charmander.

Valkyrie: Angel Wings, Amazon femininity and... a Pegasus maybe ? Lastest Valkyrie i renember are from God of War and Thor Movie.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Coc 1 was really all about Power gaming ? I dont renember being like that, I find it cool you win some abilities from race, but never gamebreaking
CoC1 had a particular TF path that was objectively better than anything else from a gameplay perspective because it gave you a whole bunch of stacking advantages that completely broke the difficulty. There's a reason that the only TF-based Powers in CoC2 are either minimal (Tail Whack) or are gated behind a permanent TF with Plot Consequences... and the ones currently in the game are still either relatively minor or they come with balancing requirements, like Kitsunetsuki only working if you have a particular item equipped. We can assume that the Valkyrie/Astrida powers will be similar.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah perma TFs are te only ones that allow for powers outside of like tail whack, because while they are strong they arent "I need this to win easily". THough I still want blueflame blade to just be a perma active skill.

Reactions: valkyr42

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Yeah perma TFs are te only ones that allow for powers outside of like tail whack, because while they are strong they arent "I need this to win easily". THough I still want blueflame blade to just be a perma active skill.
There is a thing called Easy difficult for a reason no ? but its fun to think that people actually take time to research a good build to became stronger, its fun.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
We know this isn't the case for soulbinding because Kiyoko has an entire conversation about your lifespan and hers and it will change dramatically if you become a kitsune.
When does this conversation occur again? I can't remember it for the life of me and I tend to play kitsunes LOL

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
When does this conversation occur again? I can't remember it for the life of me and I tend to play kitsunes LOL
One of Kiyoko's Situation talks before KinuQuest starts, the talk is different if you're not a kitsune.

"Now that things have come to this, I suppose it's time for me to live out the rest of my natural life from where it would have been," your fox-wife says with a smile. "Given the lifespans of my ancestors, I probably have anywhere between a hundred and ten to a hundred and twenty years remaining before I go to join my forebears. I plan to make the most of that time in service of the imperial colonies."

You're looking forward to spending that time with her, then.

"To be able to grow old with the one you love is a treasure that is often undervalued. You've given so much to be with me, even going as far as to... well. I am grateful. Let us hope that we've many peaceful years ahead of us, then."

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You don't need her to be in your active party, no. Her Situation chat has multiple outputs so you might need to refresh it a few times before the relevant one pops up.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
You don't need her to be in your active party, no. Her Situation chat has multiple outputs so you might need to refresh it a few times before the relevant one pops up.
Oh that, i Thought was something to do with Kinu quest, that she comes and speaks with you or something.