TiTS shows up running in Task Manager; but does not show up on desktop or in taskbar

marukisenpai

Feb 27, 2024
Downloaded the Windows TiTS.exe and accompanying files from https://www.fenoxo.com/play-games/. Upon downloading the files and running it did not open, I checked task manager and confirmed that task manager has it registered as running. I closed out of the program, restarted my computer, ran it as admin, no luck. Deleted game, reinstalled, restarted computer, ran as admin, still no luck. Any ideas? Don't want to run it through browser as I don't like the layout and I usually keep website data off so I lose my save everytime I close.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
While I am not sure what platform you are running and how compatible it is for the chosen application version of the game, I can say that using the browser version is not as limiting as you assume it is.

For the layout, at least in the latest release, there should be a number of options in both display settings and control layout toggles where you can adjust that will allow you to tailor the game into something you may be more comfortable in playing with.

For saves, never rely on the save slots for a permanent place to store your saves. Due to several factors outside the game's control, save slot data can be deleted at any time for any number of reasons (cache cleanup, device/system update, etc.). To ensure your data is preserved, you should always try to Save To File, if possible, since that actually creates a file with your data and you can choose where you want to place the file in case you ever want to go back to it. You can always save to a save slot, but just look at them more as a temporary save space than a permanent one.

Hope this helps.

marukisenpai

Feb 27, 2024
I’m Running Windows 11 Home with the latest updates, don’t have access to exact specs right now, will update when I can to hopefully help you find bugs or issues.

Regarding the layout, I’m aware that you can edit it, I just remembered if you downloaded the desktop version you could go full screen and it saved a lot of the hassle of messing around with the layout editor. Wanted to ask for a potential fix here before having to resort to that.

Regarding saves, I was unaware that was a feature, thank you for letting me know.

Thank you for the quick response!

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
No problem.

The browser version should also support full screen as well (there should be a button for it on the main menu as well as a keyboard keybind). Basically, the browser version should be able to do whatever the application version can do, unless of course the browser or device is preventing it for some reason.

For the layout, if I remember correctly, the downloaded version will automatically start off with the Control Overlay, so all you'll need to do after starting up the game will just go into the Options > Controls and enable Control Overlay (this is the mobile-friendly layout). Alternatively, if you want a different yet similar layout, so can instead enable the Legacy Sidebar Layout (this was the initial layout when the game first migrated to JavaScript). If using the Legacy layout and you want two side bars instead of one, you can also turn on the Pre-Legacy Style (this emulates the Flash layout of the original game).

Last edited: