TiTs fanart, I suppose? Not really ships, space ... things.

Fahrstuhl

Jan 29, 2017
Some versions of what I kind of sort imagine those dinky little shuttles to look like. A bit space-Huey (minus the sliding doors), a bit CH53 or some other heavy cargo chopper, some space camper, ridiculous aerospike engine, and no space for an FTL drive that's bigger than a suitcase. Might look a little silly, but it's allowed to.

Space Cabs? Or something? Because what other reason is there to put an FTL on something with the cargo/crew capacity of a Ford Transit. FTLs still have to be at least a tiny little bit pricy.

Plus, iirc some scenes mention a cockpit window or something, so it's not all manga/homeworld-style flying bricks with sensor pods. Even though those are cool.

Space%20Cabs%20-%20Web_zps61pv5xhm.jpg

All fairly quick doodles, the top view doesn't really match the side view, the shapes aren't 100% defined, etc.. Just thought I'd check if anybody else was interested in that kind of quick scribbles.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Damn these are some awesome doodles :D
Nice work there. Not only the ship thingies, but the little people too.
Ship designs like this are always cool. I see that you managed to include the important details in the reference figures too. There was some officially commissioned art for them way back during pre-release. Let me see if I can't dig those up....

http://jassbefrold.tumblr.com/post/74515895388/the-spaceship-casstech-14-in-fenoxo-game-waiting
http://jassbefrold.tumblr.com/post/87996210312/all-spaceships-in-one-i-believe-i-missed-some
Awesome drawings there too :D
I hope we can own/see some of these ships in game one day.

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

Fahrstuhl

Jan 29, 2017
buff%20freighter%20-%20Web_zpshq4f6wlb.jpg

harpy%20shuttle%20-%20Web_zpsb8abhka9.jpg

More.
Perspective is horribly off, or rather I can't draw parallel lines parallel, happens when you draw lying down propped on your elbows instead of at a desk, false perspective warps everything. Meh. There you go, something a bit more aerodynamic yet still somewhat boxy.
All done fairly quickly and more a result of doodling than proper design.

Judging from the 'official' designs, big boxy air intakes seem to be very much a thing. And somewhat pointy shapes, and bright colors. Mhhhmm. But that Artemis thing does fall fairly quarely into the "flying brick" category, so that's at least partly a thing. Mhhhm.

Last edited:

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
There is no such thing as aerodynamic in space!
Unless you're flying through a nebula.
And if the ship is supposed to land on a planet with an atmosphere. it would probably want to be aerodynamic.
Then we could also consider the effects of solar wind when travelling at lightspeeds. That's an issue.

The harpy ship is Fahrstuhl drew is definitely to my preference. It's awesome! Looks like it's meant as a little military spaceplane.

Reactions: ShySquare