TiTs Census

Dormane

Sep 2, 2015
census.jpeg
Note: This is definitally not accurate. I used the wiki as a source (which is very out of date) and simply counted the number of named/persistent characters (hybrids only get a 0.5, but of course get included in multiple pie slices) under a species codex page, and I probably miscounted a few times. It is more of a visual estimate that I did on a whim than a true census. Also I did not give species that had only 2 members or less thier own pie slice, instead I choose to merge them into Other/Unkown (I was surprised at how many species only have 1 or 2 members, some even 0).

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
That Myr pie-slice really shows how much effort was put into Myrellion by the team (and the guest-writers). I gotta say I expected more Kaith'rit and Ausar, but still. Could be interesting, if you're looking for an underrepresented species to write, I suppose.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
There are way more humans than I expected, and way less Ausar and Kharrit.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Zil slice should be a tad bit bigger, but otherwise looks about right.

@Xeivous Treated humans

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Zil slice should be a tad bit bigger, but otherwise looks about right.

@Xeivous Treated humans
To give numbers: Tavros call-girl 1, Mhen'ga has Quinn, Able, and Cain, plus two unnamed zil in Penny intro, and the one or two background mooks in Syri scenes.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Your forgot the ovir in that lingerie shop, and the dzaan on tarkus, some gabilani, some raskvel, heck if some submissions make it through you've excluded quite a lot of characters. Unless they fit into the unknown pie slice.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
There are way more humans than I expected, and way less Ausar and Kharrit.

There's cheating involved, as this just lists People With Names. Lots meander in the background, even if they're not proper characters. Ausar, meanwhile, are largely contained in Syri and Anno events.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Considering the Ausar's importance in the world of TiTS, I'd say they're quite underrepresented.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
A lot of the important and relevant characters are Ausar.

But now we run into the question whether quantity should have an impact on the census.

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
This is a really cool chart. Thanks to OP for making it!

I like the idea of using this as a guide to add some extra flavor to the game with existing races that are underrepresented if you don't know what kind of race you'd want to write for your NPC.

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
I wonder how many people want more gryvain ;-; why u do dis fen&friends?

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
We have way too few Gryvains, only 2 full Gryvains, both unnamed, the Kashima infected crewmember and the Anno threesome Gryvain. The other 3 remaining character are half-Gryvain, Mirrin, half-human, Terensha, half-Kaithirt and Anyxine, half-Leithan.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Makes sense that there aren't many Gryvain, though, right? Aren't they meant to be a fringe, if advanced (and totally super-human), species?