Tips for those having a hard time.

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
Hi everyone, I never really post here but I noticed that people are having trouble with the difficulty on CoC 2. I have a few tips to make it a little easier, these are from the top of my head so if anyone else has any tips please post them.

First, go to the priest when you have some money and have him train you to heal as soon as possible if you didn't start off as a white mage. The biggest source of difficulty I found is Cait not healing you reliabily.

Second, if you encounter the summoner focus all of your fire on him ignore the golems. He knows heal and can revive the golems, plus when he goes down the encounter ends

Third, when you encounter the bandits just run, wait until you are at least level 3.

Fourth, when you encounter the orcs kill the weaker ones first to shave off their numbers.

Like I said before these are from the top of my head and I will add more when I think of any. Also if anyone else has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
To deal with the harpies, focus one down at a time. Start with your high-damage attack and use it to drop one in the first round, which cuts their resolve damage down 1/3. During the ones where they have the enforcer, save her for last and take out the thieves. With the wingleader, take out her, then the thieves, and again the enforcer last.

Reactions: sluncuts

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
To deal with the harpies, focus one down at a time. Start with your high-damage attack and use it to drop one in the first round, which cuts their resolve damage down 1/3. During the ones where they have the enforcer, save her for last and take out the thieves. With the wingleader, take out her, then the thieves, and again the enforcer last.
I usually like to take the wing leader out first because she can heal the harpies.

sluncuts

Oct 14, 2016
If you intend to solo it (would not recommend by the way) start out as black mage to get summon fs and aoe moves out of the gate, and learn heal as soon as possible.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
The game is going to be designed to be pretty much impossible to solo.

Not that you won't be allowed to do it, but getting anywhere past zones you seriously outlevel isn't going to be easy.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
If you intend to solo it (would not recommend by the way) start out as black mage to get summon fs and aoe moves out of the gate, and learn heal as soon as possible.

In my experience, a fighter dual wielding shortswords and wearing the leather jerkin is better able to solo. Especially since the harpies' numbers scale off your party size.