Time and enemy activity

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
1449225992926.jpg

Time is currently a minor mechanic in the game. How about making some enemies more likely to encounter during certain times of the day? The naleen for instance would probably be more active after nightfall. Perhaps future enemies could only be encountered during certain times of the day(?) 

Just a suggestion either way

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I guess you could argue not all planets follow the same day/night cycle as Earth Time, and it therefore wouldn't make sense to base off of the ingame timer.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
According to the room descriptions, it's always day on Mhen'ga. Maybe the planet's tidally locked with the sun (which makes one wonder what the dark side is like).

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
According to the room descriptions, it's always day on Mhen'ga. Maybe the planet's tidally locked with the sun (which makes one wonder what the dark side is like).

Tidal locking usually happens at short distances, does this mean Mhen'ga's sun is a Red Dwarf?

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
I guess you could argue not all planets follow the same day/night cycle as Earth Time, and it therefore wouldn't make sense to base off of the ingame timer.

It isn't impossible to work around that tho, just make another planet-specific clock

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Writing up room descriptions seems to be the team's least favorite part of making a new planet. So I doubt they'd be all too keen on adding a feature that would require them to pass back over all the current room descriptions in the game to write new variants accounting for the time of day.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Tidal locking usually happens at short distances, does this mean Mhen'ga's sun is a Red Dwarf?

hmmm it could also be a brown dwarf star as well. Red dwarfs are hotter than brown usually. All depends on the distance really.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
hmmm it could also be a brown dwarf star as well. Red dwarfs are hotter than brown usually. All depends on the distance really.

Given how close you would need to be for habitability, it is highly suspect, and would practically require a perfect orbit. As Brown Dwarfs cool very rapidly (due to lack of Hydrogen fusion in the core), life evolving on the planet is almost possible, as it would invetably turn barren as the star cooled.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
That's true, most feasible then for the star to be a red dwarf then which from what I know last longer than all other stars due to the slow burn/fusion of elements in it's core