Thunder Strike misses? [Not a Bug]

Bunnyslut

Jan 18, 2019
The in-game description for Thunder Strike (which clips out of the text box on my screen :p) says:
"You throw all your weight behind a singular strike, targeting Physical Resistance instead of Evasion. On a hit, you add +150% Attack Power to your blow and leave the target's armor Sundered for 3 turns. On a critical hit, the target is also knocked prone."

That implies that the gimmick of Thunder Strike is that it has perfect accuracy... but it doesn't. It's missed a handful of times, and even caused me bad ends because of it.
Am I misunderstanding how Thunder Strike works, or is this a bug?

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
No, thunder strike can perfectly well miss if the target resists it with its physical resistance.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The in-game description for Thunder Strike (which clips out of the text box on my screen :p) says:
"You throw all your weight behind a singular strike, targeting Physical Resistance instead of Evasion.
That implies that the gimmick of Thunder Strike is that it has perfect accuracy... but it doesn't.
Am I misunderstanding how Thunder Strike works

You're misunderstanding. There are 4 defenses in the game - Evasion, plus Physical/Magical/Mental Resistances. Targeting one of them works the same way, no matter which you're going after: 1d100 + Total Accuracy - Defense, and compare to an attack table. If your total Accuracy is exactly equal to the target's relevant defense, then you'll have a 15% chance to miss and a 1% chance to Crit. You can check out the combat documentation for details.