Thoughts on the game

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
I have to admit. When I first started playing this game I thought it was going to be bad and it was just over hyped. Not helped by the artwork that looks like shit to be honest. But the more I played the game I came to realize it was not bad it was just....average. Only thing it had going for it with me was the party system. Until I stumbled upon the rabbit den. And holy shit that rabbit story arc gave me the feels like no other. Out of everything in this game its that arc that really resonated with me. Not just the arc but the characters that you meet. The rest of the characters don't seem to care about all the demons and shit and just sit around and jack off and thus making me wonder why im even fighting in the first place when the population cant give two fucks either way. But with this I actually feel compelled and emotionally invested in it way more than the main quest. Dare I say even more than anything in COC or TITS.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The rest of the characters don't seem to care about all the demons and shit and just sit around and jack off and thus making me wonder why im even fighting in the first place when the population cant give two fucks either way.
I don't think that it is widely known, about demons and such. For most inhabitants, it is more like "we lost trade routes, but life goes on". It's not a Mareth where their presence is obvious.

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
I don't think that it is widely known, about demons and such. For most inhabitants, it is more like "we lost trade routes, but life goes on". It's not a Mareth where their presence is obvious.

I had a feeling that was the case. You would think otherwise because of how their supposed to be our main antagonist but they all get overshadowed by the fucking rabbits and their crazy ass leader who present themselves as a threat and deliver on it. Unlike the demons whose only accomplishments is some "trade routs". Hell they even accomplish taking over the world in the bad ends.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For demons plot of taking over world of Eden it all need more plotline expnasion aside current state we got. Moving to Act 2 would make people notice more of demonic influence in Eden than we see now. Question is when would alder come back to continue work on this.

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
For demons plot of taking over world of Eden it all need more plotline expnasion aside current state we got. Moving to Act 2 would make people notice more of demonic influence in Eden than we see now. Question is when would alder come back to continue work on this.

Well he should have focused on the demons more. Because right now they seem no different or harmful than everyone else in the world. They better do something that will drive the player to getting rid of them. But I doubt he will come back because they usually don't. I guess its for the best the guy looked like he bit off more than he could chew with this one and what we got is just....average.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
The intention seems to be to make it more insidious/subtle, as a "the threat's just starting to make itself known" sort of thing and then have it progress. As far as what's actually been implemented, though, much of the main plot got buried under sidequest and waifu content so essentially it's still in the prologue. Really, though, its waifu systems ended up being where the game shines anyway. There's a surprising amount of variation with the sub/dom and other relationship systems.

If Alder is going to resume he prob. should take on some help. Managing story writing and coding up a bunch of different systems and planning out character arcs and so on yourself with only a couple of other supplemental writers is a huge workload.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think all still come down to fact his RL burried him under too much work to have time for FoE.

Chesheire

Oct 2, 2015
"Rome wasn't built in a day" really comes into mind when talking about the demonic plot-line. I feel as though it's implied that we (the player character) are first stepping into the world just as the first forays by the demons are coming to happening. Additionally, taking into account that this is simply the first act of many, it somewhat plays into the idea that the player character isn't supposed to be privy to all matters, sort of as if FoE was a traditional tabletop RPG (reminiscent of a Call of Cthulu playthrough) in which an overarching story slowly reveals itself as time progresses via small, seemingly unrelated events that, through subtle cues to the player that can be missed, eventually combine to make sense at the ending. Whether this is by the fact that the plot-line isn't as developed as it could be, or entirely intentional, is besides the fact in my eyes. It's neither mine to judge nor to say. Either way, I do agree about the Lagomorph's side-plot, it's definitely one of my favorite aspects about the game.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
As far as what's actually been implemented, though, much of the main plot got buried under sidequest and waifu content so essentially it's still in the prologue.
Not to mention that one of those side quests is a huge faction conflict affair that can easily be its own chapter in any game.
Seriously, I wonder if OP interacted at all with the King vs the Outlaws story line and exposition since he says that nothing aside from Lagomorphs quest got him emotionally invested
Really, though, its waifu systems ended up being where the game shines anyway. There's a surprising amount of variation with the sub/dom and other relationship systems.
Very much this.
Even leaving aside all the bonus waifus and you can get and looking only at companions, they alone are reason to play FoE. The plans for each of them seem to be - BIS/Bioware style of party members, but better and sexier.

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
Not to mention that one of those side quests is a huge faction conflict affair that can easily be its own chapter in any game.
Seriously, I wonder if OP interacted at all with the King vs the Outlaws story line and exposition since he says that nothing aside from Lagomorphs quest got him emotionally invested

No I have not. I fought bandits but that's about it. I would have played it if the wiiki did not crash and thus making me lose interest because I thought I did everything. I check it out but it probably not hot shit anyway like you said. When I play this it better be surpassing the rabbits in quality or at least close.[

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
No I have not. I fought bandits but that's about it. I would have played it if the wiiki did not crash and thus making me lose interest because I thought I did everything. I check it out but it probably not hot shit anyway like you said. When I play this it better be surpassing the rabbits in quality or at least close.[
Search the forest until you trigger the scene where an Outlaw patrol ambushes you and then go with them peacefully. Explore the content, including talking to everyone and taking all the quests and brace your feels.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Search the forest until you trigger the scene where an Outlaw patrol ambushes you and then go with them peacefully. Explore the content, including talking to everyone and taking all the quests and brace your feels.

Given this kind of Dunning-Kruger personality on display, would bet against it.

Reactions: Patrick R. Key

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
No I have not. I fought bandits but that's about it. I would have played it if the wiiki did not crash and thus making me lose interest because I thought I did everything.

So you haven't done the outlaws [which unlocks a number of side missions]
Have you done
  • The theme rooms?
  • Asche's quest chain
  • unlocked the spring or Cassidy (both involving reclusive characters)
  • unlocking Terry's TFing or the Quest for m-preg
I am not saying they are all going to be your cup of tea, but this is not about the dash to the standing stones, stop and smell the roses particularly the blue ones. You seem to have been in such a hurry you didn't notice that the good folk of Rigard view the idea of being accosted by Langomorph foot-pads as risible.
P.S. No-one is worried about demons as they have been sealed with Uru in the void for 1000 years all praise Aria.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Don't worry about demons destroying Eden. They're sealed away in digital limbo until Alder is ready to work on this game again.

Reactions: Ormael

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
I actually like the whole looming threat plot. I think it is handled well in FoE b/c it has the player and pc witness the dark realm and know that this is what Eden may become if nothing is done to stop Uru. And through kaia the player is made aware that Uru has already taken over other worlds, so 1. they know how real the threat is and 2. it reaffirms their need to oppose Uru.

Overall, it sort of gives me a Mass Effect Reapers vibe and I think it works especially well for FoE b/c it gives time to "sit around and jack off" (which is nothing short of mandatory to be able to do). Personally, I have also always found it easier to get emotionally invested in a world if you get to know what it and its people are like before the threat hits.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't see anything wrong with the artwork. The character portraits look more than fine to me, and I've always liked how the female pc's looks (although I think having the eye color match the in game description would be a nice touch).

CrossValance

Oct 3, 2016
I like the way the story is going in all honesty although the threat has yet to become dangerous since the demons are stuck in alders head.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
It's a shame but that's the way it goes until more free time becomes available to Alder again. I know I really enjoyed the story as it was starting to shape up and progress into what felt like an adventure. But I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for the adventure to continue.

Gplikespie

Aug 28, 2015
Hell, I wish he would run a kickstarter or offbeatr or something, even a 'gofundme' that could pay him to develop the next section of the game. Let him cut back hours, that sort of thing. I think he's just as good as Xadera (Nimin Fetish Fantasy), if not better. Maybe even as good as some of the writers in TiTS.

To use one of my favorite quotes, "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!"

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Never got why so many people attached to Nimin. The entire game has like 4 sequences of content total.

I'm entirely take-or-leave-it neutral towards furries, though, and I understand that apparently those who're really into it will go nuts over what they get even if there's not much there. Or maybe it was a "you had to be there" sort of thing?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Never got why so many people attached to Nimin.
As someone who isn't into furry, I (re?)play Nimin every now and then for the transformations and enemies, as well as finding new scenes by pure chance. The Nimin wiki is horrible, so I have to make sense of things the best way I can to recreate my character the way I want and unlock things I'm interested in (I'll never forget that "what have I done" feel after unlocking Fidoris' mistress unbirthing scene).

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Never got why so many people attached to Nimin.
I would point out that it was a pioneer there wasn't anything like it when it appeared
(I'll never forget that "what have I done" feel
Precisely that scene and the "Alice" like effects of the cave, both were genuinely surprising.
Remember there was a time when a megaton of weirdness was not just a google away and Nimin comes from that time

Flash Dingo

Oct 8, 2016
I've given up on any expectations this game will update a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, the game is dead, and while that might not be the case... it's been over a year with no updates other than, "The game's not dead peeps."