This might be worth looking into Fen ^^

Elaine36

Mar 12, 2018
I just thought about this not to long ago and I'd figure I would run by here Fen, it's for the player and I figured if your companions have a character display, why not have a full figure character display for the Players' Character to show the different transformations that they get along their adventures during the Planet Rush and what clothes and/or armor they're wearing as well.

TFMaster

Did you even stop to thing about this before posting this? Think about how much work it would take to even implement this, you’d have to account for every single character appearance variation as well as all of the different types of clothing variations as well.

Also this is not what the Ideas section is for.

https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/what-the-idea-subforum-is-for.4983/

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Character viewers take lots of art to work. Better spent on busts.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Saw this post earlier and wanted to post but I resisted knowing full well that others would jump in and point out exactly what was wrong with this idea, and an idea that has been visited multiple times by people, all of whom mind you who started working on such a thing mysteriously disappeared from the community just like people who try to take up characters from writers who've moved on from the community *cough* JimT *COUGH*.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Without sounding like we’re shitting over your idea, it’s....a complicated issue.

And that’s being polite.

The thing about Character viewers and this game is that there are too many variables to take into account.

Consider this, at a rough count, and I do mean rough, there’s maybe 30 transformative items, each of them have the potential for multiple effects based on random number generation. Now consider getting an artist to draw all those effects from those items, for variously shaped bodies and suddenly a nice little idea turns into a quagmire that just bogs itself down from the constant need for updates for every time a new item shows up. It’s more hassle than it’s worth. Honestly, it’s just easier to commission an artist to create an image of your character.

No one is shitting on the idea, it’s just a lot of us remember how much of a disaster the last one was.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I kinda liked the very first CoC character viewer. The second, short-lived one... not that much. It had potential, though.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Funny part is I still have the old(I think I'll have to double check) and the second short lived one on my dropbox lol don't know why I hung onto it.

Either way with how variable the PC is with racial transformations and part transformations, plus various part sizes, hips, clits, penises, boobs, lips, nipples, muscle tone, fat/thickness amount, ect, ect. Yeah we're not look at a few dozen image parts here we're probably looking into the hundreds possibly going into 4 digit range of image variations, lets not forget the color variations.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
That's just it, there are nearly 120 transformative items. Let's say a fifth of them make internal changes, or changes that we can dismiss from being out of view. That's nearly 100 basic changes to account for, before you even get into variation.

Got a character with Horns? Okay, so are they Rhino horns? Deer? Bovine? Demonic? Draconic? Dryad? Gryvain? Nawhal? Is there one horn? Multiple horns? Where are they? Have you dyed them?

That's not even getting into bodyshape as Ethereal Dragon said. Is Steele tall? Short? Are they humanoid? Centaurian? Are they Lethian? Do they have wings? What kind? Are they thin? Fat? Thicc? Toned? Buff?

And then we haven't even gotten started on clothing.

You're talking about something like its the easiest thing in the world, when in truth it is a massive undertaking and too much of one to ask an artist to take on (because you would want it to be consistent).

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
it's like asking a single person or maybe 2 or 3 people to try and do one of those japanese visual novels that has hundreds of character variation images. You want proof just go look at exhentai (if you have access) or even e-hentai, hell even a booru site. GL on that unlike the Japanese, some us aren't workaholics who actually have lives and enjoy life. (As much as I respect their culture but geez those people work far too hard and too long.)

Reactions: Zavos and Evil

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Sufficient to say that unless you are masochistic and a artist and are willing to try and accomplish this good luck to you... we'll probably never see you again... (like all the other poor saps who tried to take on such a project.). Otherwise ya not happening.

Aug 16, 2018
Just throwing this out there, you could minimize the art assets by having the character viewer just show body proportions, like what Atticus arc used in tainted Elysium. Again not saying it would be an easy feat I'm just saying if you're planning on trying to do this, this may be an easier approach.