Theory - Frostwyrm

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
Ah shit, here we go again.

I believe that what led them to their forced dream (because they are not dead according to the good ending with the 100 children with Valrynn) were the Lurelings and then explained the reason for my suspicions.

The top of the food chain was always the Frostwyrms and the Lurelings, with the first over the last.
Given that Valrynn mentions that leaving the lair to hunt is a torture for her since she is not immune to the cold, as far from the coast as their lairs seemed to be and their large sizes, the Frostwyrm would prefer to hunt in the sea for its proximity and something big enough not to have to go back to the cold and although I have no doubt that there are other animals in the sea with those characteristics and even easier to hunt, the Lurelings were the main ones in their diet and therefore the lurelings had to think of a way to deal with them.

Having no way of physically ending them, they decided to keep them "hibernating" with their psionic powers, but being the most powerful Frostwyrms even in this area, the Lurelings needed to increase their numbers to keep the frostwyrms asleep, control their Marions and keep combat ability against the surface. I believe this since starting with the fact that the disappearance of the frostwyrms was what it looks like progressive, before the "star-borns" arrived, they were already what seems scarce, and for what it seems, completing their disappearance when they arrived . The plan of the Lurelings was going well, but 2 events made the plan accelerate greatly, making it appear that the most fearsome beasts in Uveto "died out" over two centuries (according to me), fast enough to give that touch of mystery but slow enough to make them legend for their few sightings.

• The "pact" between the Korgonne and the Milodan. - By no longer killing each other, these two races were able to prosper better in the harsh climate that reigns in Uveto and to the fortune of the Lureling, it gave a better environment for growth and reproduction of Marions and now those on the surface could lash out at the Frostwyrm without fear of being razed by their enemies while recovering from the battle.
  • The arrival of the "Star-Borns" .- Although the Korgonne and Milodan fractured as soon as they received the foreigners, the Essyrra welcomed them and although they did not say they use the maximum possible technology, they did not refuse to trade with that which could keep them a little more comfortable (as can be seen in the inventory of Kazra and Lorre), this collaterally further increased the survival of the Marions, presumably necessary for Lureling reproduction.
Well, that still leaves the end loose because Valrynn is still awake, the reason I found seemed convincing and easy, just as a Milodan can born whit psionic powers, this also occurs among the Frostwyrms, giving the difference that instead of having or not having psionic, the Frostwyrms can be born with a standar level or much more powerful psionics and this is the case of Valrynn, only this one did not realize because he did not have to use his powers to the fullest until his parents died and there was no other with whom she it will be compared once she became independent and thanks to these superior powers the Lurelings cannot keep her asleep. Another reason why I confirm this is for Ula's mother, to hurt the eye of a Frostwyrm you must first destroy the shield that surrounds it, and no matter how good a warrior Ula's mother was, I doubt she could destroy 300 shield points with what appears to be a weapon of less than 25 physical damage (as seen in the Tuuva inventory) before being crushed, so I think the Frostwyrm she faced had between 100-150 shield points and therefore less psionic power (a hunter female Korgonne has 120 life points, this way it would be a more even fight).
Maybe what I need to explain would be Nykke, well she doesn't think it's a problem for the Lurelings, she seems to prefer to hunt on the surface despite the lack of the surprise factor in her scales.

well, it's all hehehe :smuggo:

:iiam:

Reactions: Senera2000

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Who the *bleep* is Valrynn? Is that the default name for Frosty?

Also, I don't put much stock in shield points and hp. I consider them closer to plot armor/wounds then actual units of life. Nobody actually dies at hp 0 here, except for very rare cases.

As for the main body of your theory, I dunno man, seems like a reach.

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
Who the *bleep* is Valrynn? Is that the default name for Frosty?
It is the name given by its creator B, I thought it was a good name and "cannon", so I left it. I didn't know his name was Frosty haha

Also, I don't put much stock in shield points and hp. I consider them closer to plot armor/wounds then actual units of life. Nobody actually dies at hp 0 here, except for very rare cases.
I know what you mean and I think the same, but those are still numbers, possibilities. Only, even then, you must first leave the shield to give that "critical hit" in the eye, the Frostwyrm would have less psionic powers than Valrynn but equal vitality, so it would be equally impossible to win in the end.
I really try to think about how Ula's mother could tear down the shield and strike a blow (she doesn't need to win), but seeing Urbolg's story being a good warrior and still tying with a Kordiiak, it doesn't give me much hope ... she should have the necessary statistics to resist psionic attacks and dodge claws and tail for a while.

As for the main body of your theory, I dunno man, seems like a reach.
Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean? it is a very forced theory?

TheShepard256

It is the name given by its creator B, I thought it was a good name and "cannon", so I left it. I didn't know his name was Frosty haha
Actually, the frostwyrm's name is unpronounceable, so the player gets to give her a nickname. Frosty is the nickname most people use to refer to her while on the forums (even if it's not what they call her in-game), like how Helia's kid in CoC is often referred to as Helspawn.
Also, she explicitly says she prefers to be referred to using feminine pronouns.
Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean? it is a very forced theory?
He doesn't believe it, and thinks it stretches belief (or suspension of disbelief) a bit too much.

Reactions: Jorr The Great