thematic kitsune build?

Blook88

Jan 29, 2024
hi everyone.

on my current save im playing as a paladin ad planning to become a valkyrie. now i want to do a "kitsune-run" on a new savefile.
for that i like to ask for a viable thematic kitsune build.

important things for me would be: which equipment, abilities and class perks. feel free to add more informations like companions or starting race/class

of course if you have a fitting build, which only need some adjustment (e.g. switch out ability X for a more kitsune like one), please share.

i still have some kitsune questions, whic has nothing to do with the build:
1.) will kiyoko get more tails, even after she is released?
2.) if i understand it right, than kitsunes are able to control if they become pregnant or not. will a character kitsune get this ability too?
3.) the wiki says, that if you choose the kitsune transformation, you will get a number of tails equal to "current level - 1". is this the final number of tails you will ever have or will you get a new one with each new level up?
4.) if i decide to "rush" for the kitsune-transformation, will i miss/fail any missions or in other word: will i skip a part of the game if i do this?

thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There are enough Kitsune-locked Powers that if you want a thematic build you can pretty much make one from their moveset in the same way that you can with valk Powers. The real question is what sort of role you want your Champ to fill in the party. Kitsunetsuki for instance is a perfectly useful ability if you're a caster (since Fox Jewel's a nice catalyst) or to synergize with Twist the Knife but if you're playing the party healer or tank it's probably not the best use of that Ultimate slot. As for gear, same thing applies but you've got a broad range of thematic gear (mostly acquirable from Kohaku in one way or another) if you want to get your weeb on.

For your questions:
1. Yes, it's based on the number of kits and where you have them doesn't matter.
2. No.
3. The latter.
4. Not really. There are very few timed events in the game so you can let almost everything (save Mad Cow) sit idle and nothing will happen one way or the other.

Blook88

Jan 29, 2024
There are enough Kitsune-locked Powers that if you want a thematic build you can pretty much make one from their moveset in the same way that you can with valk Powers. The real question is what sort of role you want your Champ to fill in the party. Kitsunetsuki for instance is a perfectly useful ability if you're a caster or if somebody in the party has Twist the Knife but if you're playing the party healer or tank it's probably not the best use of that Ultimate slot. As for gear, same thing applies but you've got a broad range of thematic gear (mostly acquirable from Kohaku in one way or another) if you want to get your weeb on.

For your questions:
1. Yes, it's based on the number of kits and where you have them doesn't matter.
2. No.
3. The latter.
4. Not really. There are very few timed events in the game so you can let almost everything (save Mad Cow) sit idle and nothing will happen one way or the other.
thank you for your answer.
so instaed of having a dedicated kitsune build, its more like: choosing the build you like and replacing some abilities with kitsune ones, right.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
On number 2 - it's not like you really need this anyways, you have access to items that already that give you this.

Orlando Flatley

Jul 17, 2024
When you transform into a kitsune, you will gain a number of tails equal to your current level minus one tomb of the mask. As you level up, you will continue to gain more tails, typically one tail per level, reflecting your increasing power and experience.