The Tolus fight in the tutorial needs to be looked at

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I'm in normal mode, playing a warrior noble scion and holy fuck that fight took way too long. I went over 30 rounds with him and only won because I could outheal his damage. I attacked him with my PC 37 times, and with Cait 18 times. I hit him 8 times and Cait hit him 4 times. That is a 22 percent chance to hit. Sure, I could drop the difficulty down to Story mode, but I really shouldn't have to against the tutorial boss. Please, lower this dude's AC by like 3 points or something, it's the bloody tutorial, and it really shouldn't take as long as it did.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I just tried the Tollus tutorial fight with a White Mage champ on normal difficulty, and it's taking roughly 10 turns each run with auto control. Is it possible it was just awful rng?

Also, are you sure you were playing proper CoC2? One of the changes in the April Fools version of the game (Advanced Corruption and Champions 2) is they really lowered accuracy.

Reactions: Alliebutt

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I just tried the Tollus tutorial fight with a White Mage champ on normal difficulty, and it's taking roughly 10 turns each run with auto control. Is it possible it was just awful rng?

Also, are you sure you were playing proper CoC2? One of the changes in the April Fools version of the game (Advanced Corruption and Champions 2) is they really lowered accuracy.
most recent backer patch, not playing the ADD version. not using auto control at all, took me almost two minutes to clear it because i kept having to heal my champ.

Anonymous Bat

Feb 16, 2023
I just tried it with the exact setup you mentioned (normal difficulty, noble scion warrior, human since you didn't specify race) and it took me seven rounds total. I concur with zagzig on this:
[...] Is it possible it was just awful rng?
It's also worth mentioning that I equipped the wicker shield dropped from the first cultist fight.

Edit: did it two more times for a more robust sample size, and it coincidentally took nine rounds both times. I feel pretty confident in saying that you simply got unlucky.

Last edited:

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I attached the save I was using if you want to mess around with it. Just spamming auto seemed to wrap up the battle in roughly 10 turns without Tollus causing any real strife.

Attachments

• CoC2_Violet_0.coc2
    12.4 KB · Views: 2

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I just tried it with the exact setup you mentioned (normal difficulty, noble scion warrior, human since you didn't specify race) and it took me seven rounds total. I concur with zagzig on this:

It's also worth mentioning that I equipped the wicker shield dropped from the first cultist fight.

Edit: did it two more times for a more robust sample size, and it coincidentally took nine rounds both times. I feel pretty confident in saying that you simply got unlucky.
shit, yeah, i was human. going for a presence hybrid build

Verro

Jul 4, 2023
I've noticed Rend and White Fire seem to just have awful chances to hit in the tutorial, at least for me. The normal Attack just works better.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
I've noticed Rend and White Fire seem to just have awful chances to hit in the tutorial, at least for me. The normal Attack just works better.
dude, even execute has a stupid low chance

Verro

Jul 4, 2023
dude, even execute has a stupid low chance
Haven't noticed Execute having an accuracy problem. Thunder Strike and Steady Strike on the other hand. May as well keep your Power slots empty. Steady Strike is even more insulting because recovering 60 health is nothing compare to how often it misses.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Rend has exactly the same to hit chance as your basic attack. White Fire is up or down single digit percentages based on your stats.

Verro

Jul 4, 2023
Rend has exactly the same to hit chance as your basic attack. White Fire is up or down single digit percentages based on your stats.
Probably just Rend's recharge time, along with bad RNG, giving the perception of it having low accuracy. Since if you miss with it, you have to wait, so you'll be using your basic attack. Then if you miss again after the recharge wait, Rend will come off as seeming worse.