The taste of TiTS

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
I have been trying to come up with some drinks for a bar location and discovered midway through, that I kept using "terran terms" to describe their taste. (like refering to citrus-like flavour, being reminded of  strawberries, peaches, coconuts and so on)

After giving it some thought I realized that descriptions like that were explicitly avoided with Yammis Iced Teats, which makes sense because a multitude of races from all over the universe are supposed to be served.

So to move on to my question: Would Steele think in "terran" terms when experiencing a certain flavour?

When promoting flavour to the general mass of customers using a terran point of view should be avoided I think, but as long as Steele thinks to herself/himself? Id be interested in some thoughts on this!

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Steele himself would, having been raised on Terra by a Human. Steele would certainly have a breadth of alien tastes under his belt, but I think primarily Terran with a light dash of alien gobbeldygook would make the most sense.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Steele himself would, having been raised on Terra by a Human. Steele would certainly have a breadth of alien tastes under his belt, but I think primarily Terran with a light dash of alien gobbeldygook would make the most sense.

Aw shit, I had already forgotten about that. That pretty much clears that up for me, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
B-but Mr. Writer Person, what about my special snowflake Steele that has a special alien hybrid tongue that can't taste like human tongues taste? You're breaking my immersion!

untitle.JPG

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Ummm, I'd also like to add that, regardless of immersion, the AUDIENCE is in fact human. Changing adjectives to describe things in relation to something else that has in fact been described/storytold at some point before hand is actually REALLY crappy storytelling. In the end the point is that the person READING the story/game information should understand what is being expressed and then THEIR imagination will put it into place in their own internal story/dialogue/etc.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ehh giving Steele not-human way of desc tasted things is like devs making real aliens not rubber costumed people. Not gonna work due too human nature of players themselfs. xD

Nymphonomicon

Apr 4, 2016
B-but Mr. Writer Person, what about my special snowflake Steele that has a special alien hybrid tongue that can't taste like human tongues taste? You're breaking my immersion!

Part of me thinks the different upbringings should bring an additional quirk to your Steele, such as the Pampered having a refined palette... or the Athletic making better 'gains' from working out at the gym.