The science behind Fenoxo

Tacit

Creator
Jul 5, 2016
to allow instantaneous or near-instantaneous travel

If I remember correctly, I think I read it somewhere probably "The Treatment" or "Talon Rogue" stories, traveling through a Warp Gate takes about 15 minutes.

do ships themselves actually have faster-than-light travel

No, ships can travel large fractions of the speed of light (the Z14 and Talon Rogue can go .3c for example. The fastest known Light Drive can go .9c). The Warp Gates are for FTL travel. Such relative velocity for such small ships means that it can't be from a conventional Newtonian dive, hence the Alcubierre Drive.

I thought the gates puttered out to their positions at sub-light speeds over the course of centuries

Correct, that's why Planet Rushes are 200 years apart, because that's how long it takes the gates to reach their destination. If we were to speculate, 200 years apart x14 Rushes = the Planet Rushes have been going on for close to 3 thousand years and the radius of explored space is also about 3 thousand light years (quite a small amount since the galactic radius is 50 thousand).

FTL travel wasn't really possible. In TiTS

True, except for the Warp Gates. Anno tried to miniaturize them for personal use a few years ago. Didn't work very well the first time(this is why Syri got her genitals swapped) but what else could you expect trying to take something from massive space infrastructure to personal sized in one go. Though this could mean personnel teleporters for end game content.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
tl;dr Fast travel by ship=impossible, near light speed, completely doable.

But your assumptions were right. So you should actually feel pretty smart :D
Those aren't parts of the in-game Codex, so no smarty pants for you, birb.:p
True, except for the Warp Gates. Anno tried to miniaturize them for personal use a few years ago. Didn't work very well the first time(this is why Syri got her genitals swapped) but what else could you expect trying to take something from massive space infrastructure to personal sized in one go. Though this could mean personnel teleporters for end game content.
Question: wouldn't getting rid of a stabilization device on the destination's end be an even bigger change, and thus a bigger obstacle?

Im Im Da'it

Jan 10, 2017
They might find a Cybertron in the next Rush. Who knows, The universe is a big place. To deny a possibility simply because it's highly unlikely will only invite disaster.

We can take this stuff seriously because we don't have to.:D

On a side note, Jack/Jill Steele (and I mean the PC's cousin) is probably the only one to truly deserve to be royally fucked over (and over and over and over and over and over................ and over).

Last edited: