The Ramen Prince / Ramen no Oujisama [Alpha, Visual Novel, 18+, BxG]

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
A little off-topic, but you don't seem to have a thread for your other game...
I brought the assassin back to the temple, then rested and chose her as a bedmate. Normal sex scene, then after clicking 'finish' it takes me to a screen with just "Double-click this passage to edit it." The 'Back' button just takes me back to the start of the sex scene. I seem to be stuck in an inescapable loop.

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Hey Anomolous! Hehe, yes, that one's still in very early stages of dev :). But thanks for bringing it up, at least we know more are enjoying it. We'll take note of that error/bug ;) Thanks a lot for telling us about it!

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
The game was updated just now, it should work :). Do let us know if you encounter bugs again ;)

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first about this game... been circling around it for days and I can't really pin-point why. Today I decided to give it a go and I have to say, I'm glad I did!
So far I've only done Tomoe's path but I'm loving every bit of it! You guys did some really amazing work with this game, I look forward to its final release. :)

Last edited:

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Awesome! Thanks for giving it a chance IvoryOwl ;). Is it because of the ramen part? Hehe!

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Awesome! Thanks for giving it a chance IvoryOwl ;). Is it because of the ramen part? Hehe!
Hmm... I think the problem here was that I was under the impression this game was a bit too heavy on the "silly" side. I mean, its not everyday you encounter food and sex all together in the same package... though I have to admit the idea is an original one. Tomoe's path surprised me because it was one of few moments in videogames that
actually portrait BDSM practices as they truly are rather than just making it all about rape and abuse. Which is NOT what BDSM is about.

Chris_

Dec 7, 2016
Amazing! I've known your game for some time, but recently I decided to play.

You did an excellent job in writing and art, the expressions of each character for your emotions is unique.
My favorite way was Mie, great melodies. Sex and romance... your game surprised me.

Oh sure, a lot of my favorite positions are in the game. *a bit laugh*
Great work.

Last edited:

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Hmm... I think the problem here was that I was under the impression this game was a bit too heavy on the "silly" side. I mean, its not everyday you encounter food and sex all together in the same package... though I have to admit the idea is an original one. Tomoe's path surprised me because it was one of few moments in videogames that
actually portrait BDSM practices as they truly are rather than just making it all about rape and abuse. Which is NOT what BDSM is about.

Hehe! A way to a woman's heart is through food, too?

A little busy with the next round of updates so I take time out from visiting forums for some time..

The BDSM parts are a bit tame right now. Might get into sexier stuff ;)

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Amazing! I've known your game for some time, but recently I decided to play.

You did an excellent job in writing and art, the expressions of each character for your emotions is unique.
My favorite way was Mie, great melodies. Sex and romance... your game surprised me.

Oh sure, a lot of my favorite positions are in the game. *a bit laugh*
Great work.

Thanks a lot for trying out the game @Chris_ ! Glad you enjoyed it.. thoroughly, haha! :)

mu6best

Nov 6, 2016
Good artwork.
Great story-telling and character development!

I can't wait to see where this goes next.

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
@mu6best - Thanks for giving the game a shot ;).

Just popped back in here to announce an incoming update... In a few days ;). Just watch out for the new version! There's several significant changes and additions to the game, so I think this will be a worthwhile wait. We'll post up the game for our patrons first.

Thanks for your patience guys ;).

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Hey guys!

We've updated our builds! v0.3.5 is up at our patreon page, including the Android version. You can grab the latest builds there. :3

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
New version out! v0.4.0

Quick Trivia: It was yesterday of last year that we released v0.1.0 - When Sango's route was completed. We've now finished our 4th character route and are moving to the 5th.

DOWNLOADS
- In our Patreon's front page: patreon.com/paperwaifu. Choose your flavor - Win/Mac/Linux/Android/Online

WHAT'S NEW!

- NEW! 4th character route finished! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 4 in the free demo version for now)
- NEW! More music Added!
- NEW! Updated Mie's first SE.
- NEW! Multilingual support added. (No languages added yet.)
- NEW! Virtual keyboard updated!
- NEW! Longer dialog text supported.
- BUG FIX! Something about game variable values being carried over on load/new game after another game session when they're not supposed to.

NOTES ABOUT THIS UPDATE:

The Virtual Keyboard: It's now a QWERTY type. It should be much easier to use now. You can still type using your physical keyboard. There's now a Shift button, that works as a toggle to enter capitalized letters. Enter is now a down arrow, located at the bottom right, which hides the keyboard. You can still move around keyboard by pressing the cross arrow, now located on the upper right. And that's about it. It should be easier to type with this thing now. Buttons have been shrunk btw, so let me know how it goes if you're using a phone or tablet.

Multi-Language Support: It's now here too. But don't expect anything yet, as there's no other language available to display yet. We're talking with a fan translation group at the moment and we'll tell you guys more about it on a later post :).

All New Animated CGs are Shaded: This including Mie's new and improved BJ scene. Dialog and choices have been updated as well. And let me know what you guys thing of that X-ray thing ;). In the next update, we'll try to shade the other animated CGs we've got. Oh and the background characters have also been shaded - so they won't look too out of place this time around.

As always, if you spot any weird bugs and stuff, let us know and we'll investigate it!

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Hey guys,

Just a quick update about the game! I just updated the build to v0.4.0 06-23-2017. This includes minor fixes and more importantly, fixes that Android "Cannot Install" bug.

@Musicfruit ;)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Love this VN - I think I have already said before this is this closest I've come to a Katawa Shoujo feel since that finished. Excellently written and love the routes so far
(latest free release is four paths? i assume i have 2 and am working on the third...)
One question - how does the gallery work? i am on the third path of four but have nothing showing in the gallery other than grayed out icons for cat girl thief scenes. Finished Sango and Mie and finishing Tonome but no scenes ever appear in the gallery. If it makes a diff, I am on a Mac...
PS - last wish would be for a more robust save system. I think I mentioned this before but it would be really nice to be able to save when you want i.e. critical choices...and an add - more than 3 saves (c'mon!)

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Love this VN - I think I have already said before this is this closest I've come to a Katawa Shoujo feel since that finished. Excellently written and love the routes so far
(latest free release is four paths? i assume i have 2 and am working on the third...)
One question - how does the gallery work? i am on the third path of four but have nothing showing in the gallery other than grayed out icons for cat girl thief scenes. Finished Sango and Mie and finishing Tonome but no scenes ever appear in the gallery. If it makes a diff, I am on a Mac...
PS - last wish would be for a more robust save system. I think I mentioned this before but it would be really nice to be able to save when you want i.e. critical choices...and an add - more than 3 saves (c'mon!)

Hey bro!

Haha! Yep, 4 paths :). In the free version, only half of the 4th path's route is available (updated from a quarter available since v0.3.5). In the KS/Patreon version, her full path's available.

The gallery works like this - when you encounter a special animated scene in the story, it will unlock in the gallery. Or it *should* unlock. If it doesn't a number of things may be causing this. Might be due to an old save date? You can try restarting the game and doing a new game and see if encountering any of the scenes will unlock it for you. You may also want to try and do 1.) Gallery -> Reset and/or 2.) Clear All Save Game Data, and see if either of these helps. Sorry about that, there may be changes to the game data in every update. If you're a patron, you can apply the cheat to unlock the gallery scenes for the session.

@Saves - you can save almost anytime anywhere. We've updated this already since v0.3.0? I'm not sure anymore lol. There are 10 save slots available. The way the scrollable lists work is, you drag it by the space with your mouse or your finger. We made this game with touch screens in mind. This applies to the Dialogue History and the What's New! windows.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Well duh. Figured out that I can scroll down on the gallery and save menus and see more. Just as well I am starting a fresh play through so now I can make use of all the features. And see all I can of the routes available...love this story...

maplejvl

Jun 27, 2017
@beerbrew I really enjoyed your game man and I'm looking forward to even more! Just one question though, I just finished the Tomoe ending and it was really sad :( , you got to my feels man. Could we eventually get an epilogue to see what happens? Thanks :)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
With judicious saving (now that I know how to work it) got the good Tomone ending...knew there had to be one...

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
OK - think I have all the Ice chef scenes, Genius chef scenes and Ninja scenes. I have the first Cat Detective but that's it (4 more grayed out). And where the heck is the Boss lady scene? Do I have everything in the current public release?

As for Tonome - don't remember exactly but she will stay with you IF you make the right choices at the end - play with it (LOVE being able to have 10 saves)...

collin868

Jul 21, 2017
OK - think I have all the Ice chef scenes, Genius chef scenes and Ninja scenes. I have the first Cat Detective but that's it (4 more grayed out). And where the heck is the Boss lady scene? Do I have everything in the current public release?

As for Tonome - don't remember exactly but she will stay with you IF you make the right choices at the end - play with it (LOVE being able to have 10 saves)...

Are you sure that works cause i could've swore i made every right choice

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Are you sure that works cause i could've swore i made every right choice
Well - I didn't go for making a walkthrough but yeah - I got it...what can I say? Keep trying (maybe make sure you have all points possible before the end)...

PS - it doesn't take that long - it's an hour or so well spent...

collin868

Jul 21, 2017
Well - I didn't go for making a walkthrough but yeah - I got it...what can I say? Keep trying (maybe make sure you have all points possible before the end)...

PS - it doesn't take that long - it's an hour or so well spent...
yeah cause i got the ending where she left and i just thought to myself, wtf, like i actually got a little sad lol

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
yeah cause i got the ending where she left and i just thought to myself, wtf, like i actually got a little sad lol
yeah - she's worth the little extra work to get the better end...if it IS the end...

(eh - who am I kidding? But I will be looking forward to more from this group...)

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Hey bros, I'll just give you my cute wink ;). But yes, you just need to massage her a bit more ;) ;).

Now for my post (why I suddenly came back from being a zombie)!

We’ve finally updated the game to v0.4.5 and we’re opening up another character route in this release! All versions (including Android) - the ones here, on our Patreon page, and the patrons-exclusive version are now v0.4.5.

We added in a number of things under the hood to let us experiment with other things. Our patrons have asked about a show/hide controls to the animated "x-ray" thing we were playing around with, so we added that in for scenes that have it.

In this version, we also had the genius chef’s special events shaded in already, so please let us know how you like it!

PS: If bossy petite girls are your thing, you might like this update.

UPDATE: Just updated the online version of the game a few hours ago to fix gallery-related bugs.

Where to get play or get it:

Our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/paperwaifu

NewGrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/698045

Itch.io: https://paperwaifu.itch.io/the-ramen-prince-ramen-no-oujisama

GameJolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/the-ramen-prince-ramen-no-oujisama-visual-novel/206343

WHAT’S NEW

LATEST: v0.4.5 - 08-18-2017

BUG FIX! Fixed some gallery-related bugs

v0.4.5 - 08-17-2017

Fixed some typos
NEW! Added new event CG.
BUG FIX! General bug fixes.

v0.4.5 - 08-14-2017

NEW! 5th character route added! Exclusive to patrons! (Only up to chapter 2 in the free demo version for now)
NEW! X-ray control buttons added!
NEW! Updated Sango’s SEs!
BUG FIX! Animation-related speed thing.

Let us know if you encounter bugs, download errors, and such so we can look into it :)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Yay! I'm liking the Shrike - hope for more soon. Also would like to finish the Neko path. Like how all the characters are getting entangled. Also - I recently had a dish very similar to the Mozu, with the two misos side by side - and it WAS delicious...

One observation and one question - I'm on a Mac, if that makes a difference.

Observation - on a Mac, the exit function does not work fully - it gives an error upon shutdown every time (across all version I have played). I hit quit, it pauses for about 20 seconds, abruptly ends and then says nwjs did not shut down properly.

Question - are gallery info being migrated among saves? I notice that I completed the Neko (as far as it goes) on my last saves in the new version, but only one gallery image was visible. And I have played through all three completed paths as well and none of those are there...hmm...

beerbrew

Sep 28, 2016
Hey bro! Awesome! Glad you liked it! And I'm wanting some of that noodle soup as well hahaha!

@Mac - No promises since we don't have Macs but we'll look into it. ;) The improper shutdown shouldn't be a cause of worry to your game data in any case.

@Gallery - Now for this one... Hmm.. One cause might be not resetting the save game data or gallery data. So you're saying that there's only 1 Gallery Entry for the Cat Detective that was visible, and the rest weren't there? There's a total of 4 for her route. If you're playing the KS/Patreon version, you should see all of them. You may want to go to the Gallery menu and hit Reset. Or hit "Clear All Save Game Data". This will reset the gallery and/or game data so that in case your game is currently using the save data from the demo version. Sorry about that :/. Early dev game. Patrons can access a secret code to unlock the Gallery temporarily if they want to view them :)

Hope this helps!

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Yeah - thanks! Forgot all about the secret code! Also - for the coders, the error message is "nwjs quit unexpectedly". And yeah - no worries as it causes no issues other than the 20 second pause before giving that message...