The Menagerie Full Release

Ironstrom

Aug 27, 2015
tumblr_nv5jol10zu1tvp3x5o2_1280.png

tumblr_nv5jol10zu1tvp3x5o1_1280.png

The Menagerie is an 18+ original western eroge made by studio Lupiesoft

The Menagerie is released now as of the 2nd October and available to buy and download from Mangagamer.

Store page Link, Demo also available.
http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=121

https://www.patreon.com/Taosym

Patreon foremost covers Taosym living expenses any further funds will go to supporting the team and contribution towards music/trailer costs. & Maybe voice acting.
Lupiesoft is also Known for various other Yuri Titles Dizzy Heart's(Production) & The Reject Demon Toko & The Stargazers (On greenlight right now)

Music Sample:
https://soundcloud.com/lupiesoft/chips-can-fall
https://soundcloud.com/lupiesoft/rendevouz-in-the-dark-the-menagerie

Opening Video

Key Points
Futanari
Yuri
Monstergirls
Elves
Visual Novel(With decisions!)

No censoring in the game.

Two members of Lupiesoft are active on this forum including myself & Some Kind of Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironstrom

Aug 27, 2015
You can Pm me a list and I'l hand them over. There is a bunch of changes coming for around December since a editor joined the team post release, these changes will also include some additional content though. 

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
You can Pm me a list and I'l hand them over. There is a bunch of changes coming for around December since a editor joined the team post release, these changes will also include some additional content though. 

Oh, so development on the game ISN'T complete? That'd be great- the first review I read for the game (on LewdGamer) thoroughly dispirited me because it cited the biggest flaw in the game as the way it just arbitrarily comes to an undignified halt almost out of nowhere just when it's starting to get interesting. That really put a ding in my enthusiasm to pick up the game. Glad to see you're constantly looking to improve it, rather than shoving it out the door and forgetting it.

Ironstrom

Aug 27, 2015
There was always an interest to add more post release but also the comments posted after release in reviews/feedback give the team an overview on some other things. I've listed the majority of the feedback and useful notes so everyone involved knows what can be improved upon/fixed. Lupiesoft in general would always love to do more but whilst most of the team involved are still juggling day jobs/education time isn't always reliable. Yes there is more content as a free update, there is also an editor going through the game tying up some of the issues that were pointed out.

More time would of been great in a sense but this game was originally due to be released last December. Ideally it would of been nice if we had time to test it properly but this is sometimes the issue of giving a release date and needing to live up to it.

Psyside

Aug 28, 2015
There was always an interest to add more post release but also the comments posted after release in reviews/feedback give the team an overview on some other things.

Please tell me that the Storyline will get expanded even after they leave the Menagerie Cos i would pay to see a lot more of it. I will tell you i find the art and story beautiful this may be one of my favorite Eroge games.I wanna see more of the Story with Sabei and Ashi

Ironstrom

Aug 27, 2015
Please tell me that the Storyline will get expanded even after they leave the Menagerie Cos i would pay to see a lot more of it. I will tell you i find the art and story beautiful this may be one of my favorite Eroge games.I wanna see more of the Story with Sabei and Ashi

Whilst there are plans for after content. The team is currently working on expanding the current release of Menagerie so there will be some additional free content in a month or two. I'm hoping for some new informative blog posts on the upcoming changes and reception soon. Sorry I hadn't responded sooner. These show case threads are a little slow and I had to stop myself from checking daily:D If you are interested you can follow https://twitter.com/Taosym Who is both the studio Head & Artist.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
So, uh, any more updates for this? That Twitter link doesn't seem to tell us anything informative.

ralanr

Nov 27, 2015
Played this game about a week ago.  Really hard to find many games that are mac compatible.  Was fun, but some of the art didn't fully fit into the scene (The missing gag in a scene where the character is described as gagged is what mainly comes to mind).

I hope the people who worked on this will be able to work on similar projects.  It was a good buy, but felt a bit rushed. 

Ironstrom

Aug 27, 2015
We mentioned whats upcoming for the Menagerie edit + the new content on the January blog post

http://lupiesoft.com/2016/01/25/january-in-review-update/

Some of the information is about our other games

" Alongside that, we’re working on a patch update for our Erotic Visual Novel The Menagerie. A story about the Drachene Rao-Ji who lives inside the Menagerie, a lovely and disturbing mixture of brothel and museum. Here you will discover the various servants, and guests as they serve the whims of the noble elves of Alabasta. This title had some issues with its initial release, and so we’ve decided to patch the game. There will be new scenes, improved transitions and pacing, and most imporantly two more erotic scenes per route! (That’s six total.) Some of the existing art will also be updated. "

This update was a little delayed cause the editor that joined us post release ended up going to work on another project mid way through working with us. Actually for the company of the website we're selling the game on. So we've basically been improving it with the original team whilst working on some of titles. Currently we're trying to Greenlight https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604433409 a different game about space elves among other things. This might also have adult content but its a little uncertain at this point.

Menagerie could of done with more time for us to actually review the game after the game was glued together. Or rather we should of been gluing it together the whole way through. Though unfortunately we said a date and tried to stick to it rather then coming up with a date after we were actually done. It did take a lot longer then initially planned to release the game. 

Tao has been mentioning various blogs and other snippets about the game but i guess its mixed in with everything else he says so I can easily see how people miss it. I do check this forum from time to time but since this thread doesn't have loads of attention with the show case section being a bit quiet I'm sorry I didn't notice the responses sooner.

There is some stuff beyond Menagerie being worked on with some teasing on Taosyms art stream occasionally I'l mention things when I can.

https://www.patreon.com/Taosym

The Patreon is mostly just covering Tao's rent/lively hood as the sole artist & occasionally allows him to pay for music costs. It'l be a long time before its able to effect the team but the team mostly gains from the releases atm. For transparency sake I do not and never gained anything from Lupiesoft Patreon in the last 18 months I've been with them. As their PR guy mainly I want Lupiesoft to succeed as a studio. I like to be frank or very honest about the inner workings where viable. Communication isn't perfect and unlike a game project the kind of updates I can show without spoiling things to much are quite tricky. I've also requested an Updated demo though I have no idea when that will be done. 

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
This update was a little delayed cause the editor that joined us post release ended up going to work on another project mid way through working with us. Actually for the company of the website we're selling the game on. So we've basically been improving it with the original team whilst working on some of titles. Currently we're trying to Greenlight https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604433409 a different game about space elves among other things. This might also have adult content but its a little uncertain at this point.

If you want to do adult content I suggest you have a uncensoring patch that way you can have both a non-adult version and an adult version.

Ironstrom

Aug 27, 2015
The team generally believe censoring Menagerie itself is to hard to do as the entire plot line is caked with sex and that's a lot of whats talked about. Most games that go on steam with censor patches skip a chunk of the sex dialog and maybe replace a scene with a clothed version or use smoke/white lines within reason. They'l be other sales options in the future. When you know in advance if your going to do adult and non adult then you can plan for that. If you were referring to Stargazers then I get that.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
The team generally believe censoring Menagerie itself is to hard to do as the entire plot line is caked with sex and that's a lot of whats talked about. Most games that go on steam with censor patches skip a chunk of the sex dialog and maybe replace a scene with a clothed version or use smoke/white lines within reason. They'l be other sales options in the future. When you know in advance if your going to do adult and non adult then you can plan for that. If you were referring to Stargazers then I get that.

Stargazers, definitely. Don't bother trying to sell The Menagerie on Steam. Trying to make an all-ages version of a nukige is as pointless as trying to get Cannibal Corpse to write lullabies for children- you completely negate the entire point of the appeal.