The Last Sovereign

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
View attachment 15482

This is a very bare-bones idea of what i'm working with. The continents would probably not be that close together but i was just trying to line the oceans (red and green) up. Assuming the world is a sphere then the yellow marked pithu ocean should wrap around.

This is all to sort out the confusion i had about the discussion with Fheliel about setting up trade routes. Thing is, how are Darghelon and Gheldaron stopping points on this trade route? Unless they wrap around they can't be but if they are wrapping around that means the airships have to go over Rodak/Erosia and that sounds like a recipe for disaster so i'm very confused how this all works.

I'm pretty sure the airships are going over Erosia since Simon talked to Esthera about that trade route. Erosia hasn't really been a problem for other nations since Esthera either gives express permission for trade or turns a blind eye as a means of unofficial support like she did with the succubus immigration program from the first gathering.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I'm back with a new update for patrons! You can find it in the usual places, or read more at the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2021/01/tls-0550-released.html

TLS 0.55.0
- Open world update, including new income and research
- Brand new nation: Rodak
- Many new investments, most in the new nations, but also some scattered around.
- New content unlocked in Orgasmic Empire, and in Eustrin if you resolved its problems earlier.
- Eight new text scenes, including six for new harem members
- Fourteen (!) new illustrated scenes: Carina handjob, Dari blowjob, Dari 69, Ginasta bathing, Hilstara x Galvia, Iris + Megail, Janine cunnilingus, Megail + Hilstara, Robin titfuck, Sarai missionary, Varia chains, Wendis titfuck, Yarra x Fuani
- Over fifty (!!) new sex sprites! Every harem character now has at least one with Simon, and there are some other combinations as well.

ZkVNYmR.png

I know what you animals all really want is investments and research, which are all over this update but hard to screenshot.

pGhraGz.png

During my break I also took the time to add a lot of side content, including a bunch of new illustrated scenes and a ridiculous number of new animated sprites:

gbF2WtJ.png

This update also introduces Fuckball, which I have been waiting to do since the very beginning of the game.

GNFcnxf.png

Finally a taste of the new scenes:

Wdfwquy.png

This one should go public in a normal week, please look forward to it!

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New update! See more here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2021/01/tls-0553-release.html

Just one preview this time:
HwHPEeM.png

I've done something weird with this one, a sort of half update. It includes new illustrations, new investments, new Orcent conversations, etc... but not the amount I'd normally put in an update. What I can say is that it's all content I think makes the game better, and that I felt doing an update like this was the best way to keep momentum.

Anyway, this update is available to all patrons $1 and up, and should definitely be going public in a week.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Question: How would Simon’s Powers affect a woman who used to be a man or a man who used to be a woman? Or is it based purely on the user’s sexual desire more than anything else?

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Question: How would Simon’s Powers affect a woman who used to be a man or a man who used to be a woman? Or is it based purely on the user’s sexual desire more than anything else?

I would assume it depends on the desire of the Incubus King. Since the Fucklord managed to turn a formless demon into a women, I do not think the gender has any meaning.

On the other hand, if it is similiar to the Succubus power, some sort of sexual interest needs to be there. Their power did not work on the homosexual ambassador that was sent to the Orgasmic Empire and I *think* It does not work on children.

Mhm, thinking about it, I think the part of the power that "seduces" people would probably only work if there is any sort of attraction there, but the part of the power that just rewrites the mind should work on anything, as long as the user desires it enough.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
I would assume it depends on the desire of the Incubus King. Since the Fucklord managed to turn a formless demon into a women, I do not think the gender has any meaning.

On the other hand, if it is similiar to the Succubus power, some sort of sexual interest needs to be there. Their power did not work on the homosexual ambassador that was sent to the Orgasmic Empire and I *think* It does not work on children.

Mhm, thinking about it, I think the part of the power that "seduces" people would probably only work if there is any sort of attraction there, but the part of the power that just rewrites the mind should work on anything, as long as the user desires it enough.
So you're saying that a transgender woman would be just as vulnerable to the magic as a cisgender woman?

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
So you're saying that a transgender woman would be just as vulnerable to the magic as a cisgender woman?

I do not think that would matter. If the women in question is into women, she can be seduced by succubi.

I think the Succubus power does increase the libido, meaning as long as there is *some* compatibility it works.
The Incubus Kings however are so powerful that they can *force* compatibility. If that makes sense?

Also, the Empress has Incubus King Powers and she takes men, showing that her powers work on them as well - if the Incubus King inquestion is interested.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Seduction-based powers, such as those most succubi use, require some level of compatibility and interest. Incubus Kings also have access to more potent powers from their shard, which can affect anyone to the degree they have a sexual component to their soul. Unpeople are immune to manipulation, for example, but most aren't.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Worldbuilding question: is there an equivalent to estrogen pills in this world? Like an elixir or spell? I mean, considering some of the things potions can do, being able to adjust someone's hormones seems pretty easy to do, especially since its something that is possible in real life.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Their science is advanced in some ways, due to access to magic, but they don't really have an understanding of "hormones" as a concept. Succubi have more knowledge of most anatomical issues that could in some way be involved with sex, just not a highly rigorous one. People can create spells or potions that would have a fairly dramatic effect on the body, in a wide variety of ways.

DisneyVillan

Feb 16, 2018
Hey Sierra got a bit of a curve ball for you. What would you consider the D&D Alignment of Simon and Crew. Because they all do very moral and immoral things as well as support institutions like sexual slavery(even if highly regulated). Just an interesting thought exercise

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Hey Sierra got a bit of a curve ball for you. What would you consider the D&D Alignment of Simon and Crew. Because they all do very moral and immoral things as well as support institutions like sexual slavery(even if highly regulated). Just an interesting thought exercise

My 2 cents, Simon is neutral good bordering on lawful good. He'll work with power structures even if they aren't completely moral, but he's also prepared to step up and destroy completely immoral power structures like the Incubus King and Fucklord. Yarra is lawful evil bordering on lawful neutral. She's out for her own gratification and she's ready to build a society that exists primarily to giver her that gratification. But she also feels that sex is more fun when everybody enjoys themselves and she's willing to make compromises for the pleasure of other. Qum bounces from lawful neutral to chaotic evil without even realizing it. She knows she's not very smart so she'll follow the orders of someone she likes without much thought, but she can become absolutely savage when she needs to be. I'd feel bad for that waiter if he wasn't so stuck up. Robin is pretty solidly chaotic good. She doesn't care much about who's in charge as long as she can study magic and use that knowledge to help people the same way Simon helped her by adopting her. Hilstara and Carina are both lawful good, with Hilstara bordering on lawful neutral. They're both dedicated to doing the right thing and they're accustomed to strict hierarchy. Hilstara gave up on the greater good believing she was too insignificant to make a difference, and joined up with mercenaries in the hopes she could at least play a small role. Aka is true neutral bordering on neutral evil. She's had a hard life and learned that it's best to look out for herself although she still holds a decently strong sense of morality. Megail is lawful evil. Business thrives when there's a strong structure for employees to follow and good infrastructure, but her primary concern is making money regardless of the morality of those with authority. Sarai is neutral good. She believes in Ivala's will as a moral law, but she also sees the inefficiencies and corruption of the church prompting her to use the church without actually agreeing with its laws. Balia and Wynn are both chaotic evil. Tossing aside rules and morality to pursue their own research. Dari is chaotic good. She wants to help but she's obviously wary of authority after being forcibly unpersoned. Janine and Neranda are obviously lawful good. Ginasta is obviously chaotic good. Iris is lawful evil since she gets off on bureaucracy regardless of who's in charge. And Trin is generically chaotic evil. Not sure I can pin down the other harem members, especially with Altina and Varia having 3 different personalities.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Interesting question. What characters say and what others label them would differ, and some like Yarra would insist that you need a Z axis to measure sexuality alignment.

Overall, I'd say that the majority trend Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, with the leaders representing Lawful Good and a few obvious standouts representing Chaotic Evil. Compared to Tinman's judgments, I'd probably throw more of the cast in Neutral, but I don't intend to go through everyone individually or argue with any impressions. The D&D alignment is a simplified mental framework by design, so there's always room for disagreement.

Fogel

May 2, 2016
The problem with alignment is that it's an extremely oversimplified system that can't really handle complex motivations the way Sierra writes them.
It only really works in a universe where objective morality exists. In those settings, someone is Good because they are Good, and thus they do Good things. In reality, alignment is completely different depending on who you ask.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
The problem with alignment is that it's an extremely oversimplified system that can't really handle complex motivations the way Sierra writes them.
It only really works in a universe where objective morality exists. In those settings, someone is Good because they are Good, and thus they do Good things. In reality, alignment is completely different depending on who you ask.

I don't think you understand DnD's alignments. "Good" doesn't mean someone is good, it means they act based on what they believe is morally right. Whether this means a noble using their own money to feed the city's poor or a crusader slaughtering infidels depends on what the character believes is good. "Evil" doesn't mean a character is a bad person, merely that their primary motivation is self-interest. It's a short-hand for describing the broad strokes of a disposable character's personality, so their beliefs and motivations tend to be more important than the morals of society.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I have at long last completed one of my side projects! More info here:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2021/03/once-ever-after-040-full-plot-release.html
This one has tons of fancy parallaxed maps:
VpGXAtl.png

The goal is to distinguish serious worlds like the above from places like Bangville:
btsGSm1.png

Yes, those are boob and dick trees. There are a lot of new maps, so just one more:
0orqUg0.png

Tons of lovely sex scene art from Crescentia:
guIUbrl.png

But you know me, this game has a lot of other stuff too. I've tried to go all out with an ATB-style combat system:
T4jMAsl.png

And the cuter moments of the story have chibi illustrations:
WDfxIsp.png

This is the equivalent of many TLS updates, offering 20+ hours of content. The final game is much further down the road, but I'm happy to be finally finished with the heart of it!

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Much rejoicing on the new project.

I do fully expect the appearance of brooms in Once Ever After however. It'll be a sweeping game then.

Fogel

May 2, 2016
IIRC:

First you see the initial interaction, then you ask around in House Jade, then you walk into them again doing more dealing, then you ask the Zirantian helping out in the palace kitchens, and she'll reveal where the "deal" will happen, and then that's where they'll be.
Might be missing some steps, working from old memory.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I'm back with a new update for patrons! You can find it in the usual places, or read more at the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2021/04/tls-0560-released.html

I've been working on OEA for a while (and it's still a priority), but I've finished a TLS update too! This is another open world one, and I feel quite good about it. Some of everything. ^-^

There's some brand new stuff, including new political events and new dungeons:

RZJTIgn.png

There's some old stuff, for example being able to finish a very long-running quest:

5ZhT8yQ.png

There's a series of challenge bosses that I put a ton of work into and I hope will inspire people to try some fun new party combinations:

OOEKvZh.png

And finally, Iris is getting her final harem quest:

woz8NPb.png

This one should go public in a normal week, please look forward to it!

thedoubleyew

Oct 27, 2015
Anyone manage to finish with Imperial Training quest? I can't figure out how to get to the "secret area". Wiki doesn't help much.

Also wondering if there's a way to quickly check which staff members you've recruited. The quest logs are...unhelpful, at best.
Recruiting the unsuccubus after Elleani doesn't change the total.

Last edited: