The Island (In-Game)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
he nods "ok ... i won't go alone ... sorry i am just confused on what to do ... this was supposed to be my first mission and it didn't go well so far ..." he frowns looking at the wreckage

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Don't worry about it but yeah. Splitting up right now would not be a good idea. I vote for following the coast. All streaming water sooner or later meets the ocean and walking on the edge of the beach is faster than walking on what could be dense jungle. If our priority is water, as it should be, we will cover a lot more ground this way." She opened her pack searching for her compass. "There could also be coast caves which would take care of shelter too."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"I second the beach idea," said Barbara, lifting her pack onto her shoulders.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"What if there aren't any rivers, though? We would lose time by going around the coast." Jorgen says with a shrug.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Even if we don't find water, we can make do with coconuts. And, if nothing else, circlin' the beach will give us an idea of how big this island is. We just need to leave somethin' to show that we been here, so that we know when we've made it back." Reaching into her back pocket, Barbara pulled out a bright red bandana, and looked around for sizeable piece of driftwood. Finding a large enough piece to be secure, she tied the square cloth to one end, and planted the other deep into the sand. "There, that should do the trick."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Right. Fair enough... But has anyone seen said coconuts?" Jorgen mutters, looking at the forest.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
"If there are no streams or such then any water we find inland will likely be undrinkable anyways, and again, we don't know what is on this island, and the forest will provide excellent cover for something trying to get the jump on us. Plus if we don't turn anything up today, we can start heading into the forest tomorrow to search."

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He nods "very well ,i think it is a good idea and more sensible than my previous one" he picks his bag over his shoulder " and i don't really think we need a marker to know when we made a full circle around the island" he point to the obvious wreckage of the plane some parts of it still on the shore. "anyway ,shall we go ? it would be better if we do it before it gets late" he say ready to start walking and a bit eager as well ,he slowly walk towards the left of the shore to get the other to follow.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
A compass would indicate that Jimmy was heading North West. However traveling along the beach would quickly reveal the scale of the island. An hour on foot at a brisk walking pace meant that they could travel as a group at a pace of three miles an hour. And even at the conclusion of said 3 miles, the expanse of beach before them had much more shore in supply. The length of the beach here was not hidden from them. The whole stretch of it was at least 60 miles long, with them being somewhat north of the middle. This was clearly not some tiny Caribbean island. There were no signs of coconut trees. It would require a full 10 hours walking to reach the end of the length of beach they now stood.

The first hour of walking would be uneventful. The smell of the salty air, the gentle waves moving rhythmically upon the shore and the retreating, and the sound of various insects chirping in the nearby grassland. It was peaceful, which contradicted the evidence that was slowly building on the beach. Occasionally when a lapse in the waves would come one could almost glance the sight of hundreds of boats and planes from all eras that were sometimes just visible when the water receded.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Jorgen is frowning at the wreckage as they walk, and edges closer to Barbara. "Hey, what do you think happened? That maybe there's some sort of weird air thing, or maybe some sort of extremely strong gravitational field that pulls these planes down?" He whispers to her. "Also, we should have gone with my idea. There aren't even any coconuts around here. My throat is dry as sandpaper already." He grunts, looking around at the group to see how they're holding up.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"This makes no sense." Jen did not hide the exasperation in her voice. "This island doesn't even exist on the maps but we clearly should know about a landmass this big... specially with all these guys around." She tipped her head towards the different kind of debris.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Aye, never heard of this many wrecks in one place. And the beach doesn't look like it's curving at all up ahead." Barbara stopped and set her pack down, before unfastening the top half of her flight suit, and letting it slip off to hand over her backside, revealing the white undershirt she had on underneath. "Oi, everyone, I think we might want to consider heading for the trees a little sooner than planned. Don't know about the rest of you, but I could stand to get out of the sun for a little while. Besides, maybe someone can shimmy up a tree and spot something inland."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Soooo... Basically, you're saying we should have listened to me hours ago. Fuck, I'm thirsty!" Jorgen growls, barely resisting the urge to ogle Barbara, and instead walking towards the treeline.
"As for the planes and stuf, maybe a little exploration will yield some clues, hey?" He calls out over his shoulder.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
"Yes, unfortunately it does look like walking along the beach will be a waste of time in terms of water, but we now have some idea of how large this island is, and an island this large should have a plenitude of plants and animals, so at least we shouldn't go hungry if we can forage." Looking towards the forest that Jorgen was walking towards, Denn added. "Although that does mean there may be dangerous animals, but I don't see a better solution, and the forest will at least get us out of the sun." With that, she took off to follow Jorgen.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Jimmy just nods and follows into the forest , happy to look somewhere less depressing than a wreckage covered beach.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
As The party entered the forest they would find it surprisingly pleasant and cool beneath the trees. It felt slightly humid here as though the forest was trapping moisture. A musky scent that resembled fish hung on the air. There were signs of animals, but it seemed that any creatures had kept out of the path of the party. Jenn was able to find a bush growing blackberries. Barbara on the hand picked up something else. It was a scent. While it was being choked out by fish scent it was undeniably the scent of diesel fuel.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"See? Much cooler in here. Plus, the air's humid. At least our thirst will increase at a slower rate." Jorgen says, rolling his eyes as he keeps moving in, his eyes scanning the undergrowth for any signs of water, and keeping his ears open for the sound of a running stream. "Plus, if there's forests, that's a good sign! That means there's water nearby. That, or it rains frequently." He says.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"I still don't like this." Jennifer still thought that following the beach was the better idea but she would follow the others as splitting up was not something she would even consider. The girl had harvested as many of the berries as she could and stored within her bag. She took a handful and slowly started to eat them. "These aren't bad though. If everything fails, berries and other fruits will keep us going for a little bit. Anyone want some?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Pass em here. I love blackberries." Jorgen says, grinning and holding his hand out. "Blackberries are really good for your health. The purple tongue is an added bonus too!" He says with a chuckle.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Jimmy smiles "thanks, I would like some ... Jennifer wasn't it ?" he ask holding his out towards her and chewing on them after they were given to him "hum not bad, I still like blueberries more, there were quite a lot of them near my parent's house"
he says and continues to walk deeper into the forest.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Yes, Jen or Jenny is fine too." Replied as she passed a handful of the small berries around. "What's with the odd smell? Think someone is cooking fish?" Her own observation made her open up the latch on her holster to be sure she could draw her gun easily if they needed it.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well, we are near the sea, so maybe we're just smelling fish." Jorgen says, chuckling and shrugging as he pops a blackberry into his mouth, and relishing the burst of taste and blackberry juices in his mouth.
"Seriously though? It could be that someone has managed to catch some fish, and is now hanging them out to dry. But that would have to be a lot of fish..." He murmurs.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
"Well, you were right about it being nicer in her Jorgen, I'll give that to you." Denn said, looking around as they walked. "And I'm glad that the animals are seeming to avoid us, it means that we have a little less to worry about at the moment." Sniffing the air as Jen mentioned the smell, Den replied "I don't know what that is, but it smells sort of off, although if it's fish then there's water, so we should probably at least check it out."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Oi, does anyone else smell that," asked Barbara. "No, not the fishy smell, there's somethin' else on the breeze. Take a deep breath through the nose," she said, inhaling deeply. "It smells like... gasoline?"

[Survival check to try and determine which direction the smell of gas is coming from.]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Jorgen frowns a little at the redhead, then takes a deep sniff through his nose, followed by another. "Hey... She's right! That's gasoline in the air!" He says, looking around.