The day of black sun

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Any Americans celebrating the eclipse tomorrow? Any weird effects of the eclipse coming up? Anyone planning to invade Japa... I mean the Fire Nation?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Stay away from any and all egg-shaped items.

I'm fine as long as they don't have random body parts growing out of them, right?

P.S. The reason I mentioned weird effects is because a teacher I know told me his school is halting class for 3 hours so the school won't be liable if some dumbass stares at the sun. It's so stupid I'll say it twice. A school is stopping class for 3 hours because they're afraid students will stare at the sun.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
As an American, I'm planning on recalibrating my Freedom Cannons under the eclipse for better aim at unfree nations.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I'm just staying indoors today. I don't have any glasses to actually watch the eclipse, so I don't wanna risk damaging my eyes trying to glance at it.
My first Eclipse and I won't even be able to see it outside of maybe videos unless I wanna risk blindness. Fffff

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I built a pinhole box, used a pair of binoculars, and my friend brought over a grade 13 welding mask, so I got to experience lots of ways to see a partial eclipse. All three were almost equally effective, with the binoculars actually giving the largest image because they magnified things a bit.

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
Just watched it and it was amazing! To bad I was not in line for a total eclipse... But it was still damn cool, anyone else hear just experienced it?

Reactions: SOU6900

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
I did. Was actually rather cool even if all we got was 93% at its peak in Raleigh.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Just watched it and it was amazing! To bad I was not in line for a total eclipse... But it was still damn cool, anyone else hear just experienced it?

Maybe you'll be in the path for the 2024 eclipse. Or you could use it as an excuse to go to New York since they'll get the 2024 eclipse in full.

Styx

Aug 26, 2015
Maybe, thou I was amazed at despite only around a percent still showing it still looked liked a the sun was not blocked at all. It really puts in persecuting at how bright the sun is and how much it contributes to the heat.

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
Maybe, thou I was amazed at despite only around a percent still showing it still looked liked a the sun was not blocked at all. It really puts in persecuting at how bright the sun is and how much it contributes to the heat.
I hear ya on that. I still can believe that it dimmed and cooled off like it did. Was like those times when a storm is coming and the clouds block out the sun, but there were no such clouds around though.