The Clam Chowder mini dungion and Mark XXXIV Power armor project.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
And I would like a pony and a unicorn and a rainbow!!!

Careful what you wish for.

You might inspire fen to make one of the planets fairytale themed.

and none of us want that. 

Zavos

May 7, 2016

I think i have a far more horrific image of the concept then you would. 

Take unicorns, fairies, dragons, short angry little men, unspeakably cruel ancient evils, charming knights, scantly clad princesses either a) locked in towers or b) under sleeping curses

and add in the themes more realistically expected of a black vs white struggle/war, possibly more antagonistic than even the red/gold myr war.  Plus, sex,rape, chainmail bikinis.  And no karma whatsoever aside from the unwritten rule that heroes always win, villains always loose. 

not to mention that the "heros" of most fairytale stories are often jerks, squashing others under their heel as they reach towards their happily ever after

Right sorts of bad, wrong sorts of good.  It will give me nightmares. 

i'm overthinking this, arn;t i? 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I think i have a far more horrific image of the concept then you would. 

Take unicorns, fairies, dragons, short angry little men, unspeakably cruel ancient evils, charming knights, scantly clad princesses either a) locked in towers or b) under sleeping curses

and add in the themes more realistically expected of a black vs white struggle/war, possibly more antagonistic than even the red/gold myr war.  Plus, sex,rape, chainmail bikinis.  And no karma whatsoever aside from the unwritten rule that heroes always win, villains always loose. 

not to mention that the "heros" of most fairytale stories are often jerks, squashing others under their heel as they reach towards their happily ever after

Right sorts of bad, wrong sorts of good.  It will give me nightmares. 

i'm overthinking this, arn;t i? 

Well... Looks a lot like CoC, no? And TiTS world isn't exactly nice place either. Pirates, slavery, drugs, and other such things all over.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well... Looks a lot like CoC, no? And TiTS world isn't exactly nice place either. Pirates, slavery, drugs, and other such things all over.

Plus mega corps, the entire game taking place on the new frontier where the government has even less power, the fact that you're heir to one of said megacorps (admittedly most humane and nice seeming one) and are involved in a family feud that is probably going to get uglier before it gets wrapped up and the results of said feud are going to end up affecting more planets and people than anyone would like to imagine.

Zavos

May 7, 2016

Touche

But i'm a bit wary of taking a few innocent ideas, adding a bunch of corrupt details to make it realistic, then adding the corruptiveness that is the TiTS universe to muck it further. 

At least with CoC it was more BAM DEMONS!!! than anything else.  All the flawed ideals that follow fairytales would make the situations needlessly unpleasant. 

I'm definitely overthinking this. 

Brotherthat

Aug 26, 2015
I do actually want to continue this project but I am unsure of how much content should be cut. I understand that, as it is, the project is monstrously complex but I want to retain at least the original themes of the armor. That said I'm doing some poking around on the clam chowder quest line trying to come up with a new introduction. Any suggestions on re organizing would be welcome.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Nice to see this project is officially back from the dead. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I recommend focusing on the armor itself; putting thought into its functionality and how you get it is fine, but a long questline and dungeon isn't necessary, especially when that time can be better spent on the smut parts.

I mean, I'm here first and foremost to get off.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well some are to both get off and get some good game.

@Brotherthat Seems our activity in your thread brings you back to life (certain song title pun intended xD ).

I think trying to make whole stuff around armor itself like how to get it and how to find out place wehre it's for now seems to weighting on you too much. Work on Armor only and later on come back to stuff like how to get it and it may then seems you will find out that it's easy to make it simplier. For sure till we got working space combat and prpoer way to space travel working on part before getting armor over part after getting armor may cause you to burn out all the vein for this work.

Oh well that too long. Just take a breath and look with fresh eye on whole project starting with part starting at moment of getting armor and what happening after this.

King Kenya

Feb 25, 2020
Is this project dead? Was it ever submitted? Pity if it will never appear, seems rather fun.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Also necro'd from the looks of it. 4 years ago was the last post before this year...
It's dead Jim.