Tessa quest

Zomfgxorz

Jun 10, 2022
hmm, the option to use the scanner isn't always there when you use the locker. I wonder if it's bugged somehow.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
At the start of the quest, when Ahsha asks you if you are "with" Tessa, the option to resist is greyed out for my Steele. What gates that?

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
I tried that - used the GGA to get off, then swapped to StarViper Slutware to get rid of the -10% psychic modifier, and no change. The code suggests Steele needs a positive resistance to psychic, not just zero.

Magus

Feb 5, 2023
I'm having a similar problem to the original post. I seem to be softlocked right after meeting the Heiress, and I’d like some help, if possible.

(SPOILERS)

I’ve found the positive pregnancy test, but Chiaki just refuses to say anything when I confront her. I’ve combed literally every tile available to me, and nothing changes, nor can I find Tessa or Ahsha anywhere. What am I supposed to do next? Nobody seems to have a key for Chiaki’s chain, the mechanics closet has nothing to cut the chain with, etc.

If it makes a difference, I have Downloaded but not Purged the Blackmail database, and I did so before waking Chiaki up.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I'm having a similar problem to the original post. I seem to be softlocked right after meeting the Heiress, and I’d like some help, if possible.

(SPOILERS)

I’ve found the positive pregnancy test, but Chiaki just refuses to say anything when I confront her. I’ve combed literally every tile available to me, and nothing changes, nor can I find Tessa or Ahsha anywhere. What am I supposed to do next? Nobody seems to have a key for Chiaki’s chain, the mechanics closet has nothing to cut the chain with, etc.

If it makes a difference, I have Downloaded but not Purged the Blackmail database, and I did so before waking Chiaki up.
Go back through the elevator and update the rest of the group in the rooms close to the office.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
is it even possible to even finish all five missions?
I don't think so - the ending is pretty cut-and-dried;
no matter what the station will be destroyed, the leader dead either by Tessa's hand or her own, the slaves escaped, the princess rescued. The only real change is whether Steele copies the blackmail data or not, and all that really changes is the number of credits awarded at the end.
I even started to wonder what would happen if I met with Ahsha after finding the blackmail but before copying it or deleting it. It's not possible: she doesn't spawn in the room until you do something about the material, thus mooting the whole question of how they would have her want to attack Steele if the material is still available upstairs.

Last edited:

waterpanther7

Jan 28, 2021
I don't think so - the ending is pretty cut-and-dried;
no matter what the station will be destroyed, the leader dead either by Tessa's hand or her own, the slaves escaped, the princess rescued. The only real change is whether Steele copies the blackmail data or not, and all that really changes is the number of credits awarded at the end.
I even started to wonder what would happen if I met with Ahsha after finding the blackmail but before copying it or deleting it. It's not possible: she doesn't spawn in the room until you do something about the material, thus mooting the whole question of how they would have her want to attack Steele if the material is still available upstairs.
Do you know how to win the conversation battle?

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Do you know how to win the conversation battle
If you mean the last conversation with the station mistress:
Any subject other than the assassination or the rescue of the princess will NOT end the conversation.
Mentioning the assassination will immediately start a fight.
Mentioning the rescue will start a fight EXCEPT for if you mention she has been rescued, is aboard "your ship", and is pregnant. The station mistress will break down, and Tessa will insist upon her staying alive to show the child what a piece of shit her father was. At this, the station mistress will invoke the self destruct.
So there is no real way to "win" the conversation in the sense of preventing the destruction of the station, only in the sense of preventing Tessa from killing her father.
I hope that is what you were asking about.

waterpanther7

Jan 28, 2021
If you mean the last conversation with the station mistress:
Any subject other than the assassination or the rescue of the princess will NOT end the conversation.
Mentioning the assassination will immediately start a fight.
Mentioning the rescue will start a fight EXCEPT for if you mention she has been rescued, is aboard "your ship", and is pregnant. The station mistress will break down, and Tessa will insist upon her staying alive to show the child what a piece of shit her father was. At this, the station mistress will invoke the self destruct.
So there is no real way to "win" the conversation in the sense of preventing the destruction of the station, only in the sense of preventing Tessa from killing her father.
I hope that is what you were asking about.
No, the one where you're interrogating her about tessas abandonment to learn the truth about it?

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
No, the one where you're interrogating her about tessas abandonment to learn the truth about it?
OK, after the fight. What do you mean by "winning" -
No matter what, the station is blowing up, and the Station Mistress is going down, either by her own hand or by Tessa. The only thing you can to is ask all the questions, and then when presented with the option, raise the princess's pregnancy to prevent Tessa from shooting, but the station mistress will order the destruct of the station anyway.

waterpanther7

Jan 28, 2021
OK, after the fight. What do you mean by "winning" -
No matter what, the station is blowing up, and the Station Mistress is going down, either by her own hand or by Tessa. The only thing you can to is ask all the questions, and then when presented with the option, raise the princess's pregnancy to prevent Tessa from shooting, but the station mistress will order the destruct of the station anyway.
finding out the truth she's hiding from Tessa about what happened when she was an egg

Last edited:

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
finding out the truth she's hiding from Tessa
Pretty much hit every option as they show up. Ask about Gastigoth, ask about the egg, ask about the sisters.
OK, in order:
Say anything like "father" or "sire".
"Did you know?"
Gastigoth
Playing?
Seriously?
But...
Why?
(Slavery or A Job will just bounce you back)
Abandoned
Other eggs
Sisters
Locked up
Wait...
Mota?
Why? (did she kill her) (NOT why does Tessa want to kill her)
Why? (does Tessa want to kill her)
Murdered
Dispute
How?
And her?
But...
Mother
At this point, only "Love Her" or "Chiaki" will prevent Tessa from carrying out her mission. Chiaki will make Tessa want to keep her father alive just so Chiaki's child can see what a slimeball their sire is.

Last edited:

waterpanther7

Jan 28, 2021
i tried that but was not able to get to the truth before tessa said enough and shot her even though tessa knows chiaki is pregnant
Pretty much hit every option as they show up. Ask about Gastigoth, ask about the egg, ask about the sisters.

Doc_Sometime

Nov 18, 2018
ok im either stumped or i hit a glitch, where do i get the chain cutters and the keycard for the door near the rescue target, i swear ive looked everywhere

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
ok im either stumped or i hit a glitch, where do i get the chain cutters and the keycard for the door near the rescue target, i swear ive looked everywhere
I'll do this as a series of spoilers, so that you can try to work out each step yourself.
Once you know you need the cutters, go to the janitorial closet on the hanger level.
The note will tell you security has the cutters. Go to security, and search.
The guard will tell you something about pleasure 6, that's up in the VIP level, bottom right.
Then go to the closet on that level, upper left, and search.
Scan the bucket, and go to security to unlock the locker.
Go to security and claim the cutters.
The keycard can be found by searching the level after freeing the target.

Reactions: Doc_Sometime

Doc_Sometime

Nov 18, 2018
I'll do this as a series of spoilers, so that you can try to work out each step yourself.
Once you know you need the cutters, go to the janitorial closet on the hanger level.
The note will tell you security has the cutters. Go to security, and search.
The guard will tell you something about pleasure 6, that's up in the VIP level, bottom right.
Then go to the closet on that level, upper left, and search.
Scan the bucket, and go to security to unlock the locker.
Go to security and claim the cutters.
The keycard can be found by searching the level after freeing the target.
thank you for the help, but yep im gliched, tried all the steps even kept updating tessa incase thats part of the trigger, wont let me scan, not sure what i did to glitch it, il try restarting from an earlier save or restart the dungeon
EDIT: im a goof, i clicked through everything too fast and didnt realised i had a new key item for getting the cutters

Last edited:

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
... okay, for those who are still stuck on it, what's the answer?
Not knowing where you are stuck makes it harder to answer. I will say this: there is one part of this that is very counter-intuitive; in 3000 years you would think biometric scanners would be better than to be fooled by the equivalent of lifting a fingerprint from a glass with Scotch Tape.