Tenta-morph

Me

Jul 4, 2016
Lets face it, we've seen so many varieties of tentacles on the net that a tentacle can basically be anything and fulfill basically any biological function or mechanic. So i've come up with this that could make it into the game but then again that is not up to me.

Introducing the Tenta-morph, a being that has a central core (basically the brain) that glows brightly whatever color is complimentary to the color of its tentacles(tentacles blue and its glows light blue, tentacles red and it glows orange) and the rest of its mass is a swarm of highly adaptable tentacles that work, morph an fuse together to fulfill the needs of the central mass. In other words lets say it wanted to be a humanoid then it would shift and morph all of its tentacles to let it stand on two concentrations of tentacles(COT for further reference) with the central mass moved to the chest area of the would be humanoid shape COT arms coming from the "shoulders" of its structure and sensory adapted COT moved to the head of its frame, once this general shape is achieved then the arms, legs, body, and head(tail and wings if it needs to) concentrations would fuse and morph to form reasonably solid but still tentacally (you can see the seams where they joined) humanoid structures and for all intents and purposes it would be considered a humanoid as it would have functional arms with hands and fingers, legs with feet and toes, prehensile tail, body with muscles, breasts(or pecs) genitals of all types and a head with a reasonably flawless face that has everything that you would expect it to have.

The beautiful thing about this TF is that it is a flag type that could occupy the space that vanae markings does, as in it would be added as a minor descriptive piece before the description of every one of your personal transformations so basically its just another descriptor and won't adversely affect any of your favorite TF's.

I'd imagine it would be kinda like this: You have a glowing [accent color] core at the center of your chest that pulses brightly every few seconds as it issues orders to the [base color] tentacles that make up your body.

And every body part would have one of these (Tentacle-seamed, Tentacally, Tentacle-constructed, Tentacle) before them, example:

You have Tentacle-seamed humanoid legs that end in tentacally humanoid feet.

You have a Tentacle-constructed humanoid face with [gender score, femininity].

You have Tentacle ears that part your [color] tentacle hair.

Yes i like tentacles but then again so does most of us, i just took it to the next level. Now if you'll excuse me i have to pray to Cthulhu.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
May work for npc but for PC...could see some issues to make it pass under devs gaze into game...assuming this idea would turn into ready to submit gdoc. But surely tentacle stuff would find some fans and this idea may ends up been used somewhere so well wish it would be used in either way xD

Me

Jul 4, 2016
May work for npc but for PC...could see some issues to make it pass under devs gaze into game...assuming this idea would turn into ready to submit gdoc. But surely tentacle stuff would find some fans and this idea may ends up been used somewhere so well wish it would be used in either way xD

If I learned how to code stuff in TiTS format i might even give the TF some functionality akin to galomax, would it be too absurd to get this through eating the strange egg or would it be more unique to eat an uncooked tentacle that was on special in some space sushi restaurant.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
If I learned how to code stuff in TiTS format i might even give the TF some functionality akin to galomax, would it be too absurd to get this through eating the strange egg or would it be more unique to eat an uncooked tentacle that was on special in some space sushi restaurant.

Technically, it looks like a new skin type. You'll have to make a ton of alterations to make it work like GaloMax.

Me

Jul 4, 2016
Technically, it looks like a new skin type. You'll have to make a ton of alterations to make it work like GaloMax.

So instead of just occupying a minor slot like a flag that would allow you to change your body shape and looks with the exception of being made of tentacles, your saying it should rather be a full blown TF that occupies every aspect of the body. What I envisioned it to be was that you would still look like a zil/raskvel/myr but your parts are actually made of tentacles, kinda like you can have a canine/dragon/feline dong but it was made of goo.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So instead of just occupying a minor slot like a flag that would allow you to change your body shape and looks with the exception of being made of tentacles, your saying it should rather be a full blown TF that occupies every aspect of the body. What I envisioned it to be was that you would still look like a zil/raskvel/myr but your parts are actually made of tentacles, kinda like you can have a canine/dragon/feline dong but it was made of goo.

Just? Goo is both a skin type and a flag with complex interactions between them. It requires an alternative description to every type of body part, for every body part. GaloMax is massive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Our tentacle transformation dreams are realized.

The main problem with this is if you're going to go GaloMax, you'll need a shit tonne of work to get it up to par. 

If you're going to do something a bit less traditional, you'll need to reign in the cthuhlu goodness a bit

Personally prefer the later.  Being part tentacle monster is all well and fine, but what you're suggesting is kind of too much of a good thing.  Plus, like Etis said, GaloMax is a massive project.  Something more along the lines of FoxFire will suit this project better for only a fraction of the effort to code in. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

As their said going for GaloMax approach is like...writing something of size Bess for writers like Savin. And getting the same reaction from coders...so for your own sanity and not getting this *weird looks* from Gedan just make it slight less 'monumental' project. Or if you really want get to Galomax-like level someday cut it it small enough pieces to allow it slowly piece by piece been integrated painlessly into the code.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Or if you really want get to Galomax-like level someday cut it it small enough pieces to allow it slowly piece by piece been integrated painlessly into the code.

You can't cut appearance changes to pieces. Moreover, the very mechanics of appearance makes it barely possible to do it as a separate doc. If you want to write it, you should code it.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well it could be done with each part having one body part code and all toehr needed stuff included. So with enough parts it could be attained target of making full body changes into walking monster full of tentacles everywhere ^^

Me

Jul 4, 2016
Where would one go to at least get a start on the grasps of coding for TiTS?

Me

Jul 4, 2016
Considering Savin's tentacle dungeon idea i'm going to put a lid on this for a little while, how the dungeon i implemented will affect whether or not I finish this or shove it in the trash only to embark on a different writing journey.

Last edited by a moderator: