Taur PC (Hear me out, it isn't me asking for it to be added)

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Alright, I'll preface this by saying that I am admittedly one of the people who miss being able to be a taur (mammals exclusively), and I figure this post I'm about to make deserve some disclosure on my part.

My main question that is actually related to the post, is how firm are the no-taur rules as it stands? I'm asking because I know that it mainly comes down to a lack of writers wanting to write the content, as well as a the fact that not a ton of players actually engage with the content as seen in previous Fenoxo games. But if it was possible to get a group of people together who were willing to actually commit to do the necessary writing, would it then still be entirely off the table? I can't personally write for shit, especially since I figure it likely does involve some degree of coding which I'm completely clueless about as well, but as a taur enthusiast I can't help but pose the question anyways. Granted I don't actually know anyone personally who would be down to write it, but I figure that if people knew that if they were to band together and form a group dedicated exclusively to write that content, that some would be happy to actually do it for it to be a possibility to actually get it into the game.

All of that is speculation as it is though, since I don't know if a group like that would be able to form. But figured it might bring hope to those who likes taur content, enough so that a group like that might actually form, if they know ahead of time that their work will be allowed into the game assuming there's enough content that they've made, and that they continue to make it. The main reason this question has gotten to me recently, is with how many new taurs that are in the game, who are already bangable as it is, which would be a huge draw for taur players to seek out. There's our favorite dryads, our own horse wife, our personal pack mule, and now 3 taur prostitutes in Minos, and potentially Alante down the road as well. That's a huge selection of taurs that taur scenes could easily be written for, with writers being able to get a little more creative with other non-taur characters. And assuming there was a group who were exclusively writing the scenes, that would allow other writers to write scenes without having to account for the player being a taur, when they know that other writers are going to write scenes that are exclusive to taur protagonists instead.

All of this is but a dream alas, and I doubt a group like that could form even if they did get permission to do so, but a girl can dream right? If nothing else, it would be interesting to hear what the actual devs think about the idea on its own, even if it never gets anywhere outside of my imagination.

And yes, before some people tell me that the devs have said no taurs, I'm aware of that thank you very much. I'm just genuinely curious how far that statement stretches, if a group of people were willing to carry the work so the other non-taur writers wouldn't have to worry about it.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
No means no.
Fair enough, lmao. At the end of the day it was more of a thought experiment, rather than something viable, so I can't say I'm all that surprised. Main reason I asked, was because I was curious whether that no was due to an inability to find enough writers for the content now, or if it was just a line that was drawn at the start of development regardless of whether or not writers were willing to do it down the line. Even though the reply was a little cut and dry, I get the picture now. It was clearly a line made from the start, regardless of how many potential writers were willing to do it, which is a fine point to make. One which I respect as well, I just wish that the answer wasn't so... Hostile? It's fair to keep it short and concise, but all I did was ask a question based out of genuine curiosity about the development of the game.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The reasons behind the 'no taur/naga PCs' decision and how it's been a factor since the very beginning have been discussed many times already and the reasoning is even given in the stickied FAQ topic in this very subforum and in the primary design doc which Savin makes clear is mandatory reading for anyone interested in contributing to the game. I wouldn't take the curt response too personally, you've just unknowingly asked a question for which the answer is well known.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
The reasons behind the 'no taur/naga PCs' decision and how it's been a factor since the very beginning have been discussed many times already and the reasoning is even given in the stickied FAQ topic in this very subforum and in the primary design doc which Savin makes clear is mandatory reading for anyone interested in contributing to the game. I wouldn't take the curt response too personally, you've just unknowingly asked a question for which the answer is well known.
Thanks for the clarification! As I said, my post was mainly just a thought experiment and wasn't meant to bother anyone. I didn't realize how tight the line was originally drawn on taur/naga PCs from the start, but I did know they weren't going to be in the game. But as it's often stated that it's due to a lack of writers, I got genuinely curious to see if that meant it could be implemented in the future, if enough people were willing to actually band together to write it. Granted now that I know that it was a fixed line from the start, it's obviously making sense that it wouldn't change anything, which as I've said, I have total respect for. My idea wasn't even feasible, which is also why I said as much in the original post, but I was still curious on what the thoughts of a group like that were from the developer side of things.