Taste tester run

Alifer

Sep 7, 2020
I thought to make the game a bit more interesting I would try to use every transformation consumable at least one time in a single run and see how long it will take in game and how I will look by the end I want to know if thier is anything I should look out for so that I don't miss it, one time items or consumables that prevent me from using other ones I want to get this all in one go and know of any exceptions I need to make to the challenge.

TheShepard256

The Treatment is a one-time-only TF, and it can give you one of up to five different variants depending on your genital configuration. SnakeByte is also one-time-only, but its effects can also be gained from two different sources in Kiro's crew quest, and those effects don't affect your appearance anyways.

A few transformative consumables are gated behind level, story progression, completing quests, interactions with specific NPCs or using other items, meaning you can't access those until you've met the prerequisites. However, I think the only two that are hard to obtain by any of these methods are Crackle Jelly, which is gated behind completing the Uveto Deepsea Biolab quest (and its level 10 boss), and Frostwyrm Ichor, which requires being lovers with the frostwyrm and thus having beaten her at least thrice before losing to her, then going through the longest pregnancy content in the game (336 days total, which isn't affected by preg speed modifiers and the latter 2/3rds of which is non-playable).

As for permanently missable transformative consumables:
Ruskvel won't be available if Tarkus gets destroyed, and the Red Pill, Gold Pill, Capraphorm, Big Green Potion and Cerespirin won't be available if Myrellion gets destroyed, since those TFs can only be found on those planets respectively. Spunkshrooms, Slutshrooms and Motherhusks also count if you don't get them from Azra's Tarkus expedition, as does Nyrean Rock Candy if Myrellion gets destroyed and you haven't subjugated or married Taivra. (I don't know if the gabilani on Dhaal drop Goblinola, but if they don't, then that also won't be available if Tarkus is destroyed).
Those two planets also have sources of TFs you can only get one of elsewhere; Tarkus is normally the only way to get SynthSheaths but you can get one by attending the Tavros UGC Christmas party and not being a voyeur, and Overseer Maike drops a case of Illumorpheme which can only otherwise be found on Myrellion.
If the Orange Pill research mini-quest hasn't been completed yet, that will also become permanently unavailable if Myrellion gets destroyed (if it has been completed but Myrellion gets destroyed later, it'll still be available from Doctor Lessau on Uveto).
Frostwyrm Ichor currently requires being lovers with the frostwyrm, so killing her will make that TF also permanently unavailable.
There are only five doses of GaloMax in the entire game, and the second one you get from Zo'dee is permanently missable if you don't get it when you have the chance. Its effects (gradual gooification) are also permanent, and often prevent the affected body parts from being affected by most other TFs.
There are a finite number of SynthSheaths available: four, plus one each for attending the above-mentioned party (regardless of what you did there) and for talking with Lorelei about getting a cock. This is less than the number of opportunities you can have to use them on NPCs (Del, Penny, Shekka, Sylvie, Tuuva, Ardia and Lorelei), so unless you don't mind missing out on at least two of those opportunities it's inadvisable to use one yourself.
No transformative consumables can only be obtained during quests, so you don't have to worry there.

That said, it's pretty easy to avoid being locked out of any of them, and none of them will prevent you from using any other ones.