Tarkus Joke Book

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
So I recently started playing again, great progress btw, but I picked up the Diverting Jokes book on Tarkus and a lot of them are corny, some are very wrong and most got a chuckle from me except one. The first one. I don't get it. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what it is. It just ends at "Then he opened the door." I thought maybe there would be a silly pay off at the end of the book, but nothing.

Can someone please explain the joke to me, if anyone else even understands it?

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
There is no Joke there is only you

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Can we have the whole joke?
Bosh the raskvel was worried. His friend asked him, “What’s wrong, Bosh?”

“Oh, it’s my new girlfriend. I really like her but... she’s a lapinara. Every time she comes over she wants to put her eggs in my butt, and I’m terrified of trying it.”

His friend leaned in. “I know a spell that will give you courage. I used it before my last job interview. Would you like me to teach it to you?”

Bosh agreed eagerly, and so his friend wrote down the spell. After a glance, Bosh set about collecting ingredients.

First he had to find a piece of parchment older than the gabilani who owned it. Then the spell required him to write “I will not fear” one hundred times, in Old Raskvel, with ink made from the oilsap of scythe trees. It cost Bosh half a month’s wages to get the paper and ink and another week’s to buy the translation to Old Raskvel runes. Next, the scrawled-on parchment had to be put in a big jug of strong liquor and soaked for two weeks. Bosh did it, though buying so much liquor used up the rest of his month’s wages. Finally, the spell required enzyme scraped from the tail of a male sydian to be added when the soaking finished. Bosh was beaten pretty badly getting the enzyme, but luckily he had the two weeks to recover. On the appointed night, he was loading a medicine dropper with enzyme when he heard a knock at his door.

“Bosh, it’s been two weeks. You said we could have sex after two weeks, and I’m really, really horny! Let me in!”

Bosh swallowed his panic. “Just a minute, I’m getting ready!” He took out his friend’s instructions and re-read them to make sure he could perform the courage spell correctly. First, he added exactly seven drops of enzyme to the liquor jug. Then he swirled the jug clockwise three times and anti-clockwise four times. Next he fished out the parchment, tore it into seven pieces, and dropped them back into the jug, just as instructed. Finally, to finish the spell, he chugged the entire jug. Then he opened the door.

Reactions: ShySquare

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It's one of those very old jokes/shaggy dog stories which is much better told in the pub. As is indeed the case with all of the gags Z came up with.
Huh. I instinctively knew that all of those are RL anecdotes weirdly adopted to the realities of Tarkus, but couldn't pinpoint most of them. Guess our old-ass drunken stories are different from your, after all.:confused: