Tarkus / Aurora side quest (Spoilers)

The_Rooster

Aug 30, 2017
Hey, I'm working on writing a character and one of the things I wanted to add was a quick delivery job to Aurora on Novahome. Of course, that's a little complicated, since (spoilers?) Aurora may or may not still be alive depending on the player's actions. If you allow the planet to blow up, and don't activate Novahome's shields in the Ghost Deck mission with Anno, she just disappears and you never see her again.

My problem is that I've gone through the whole process a couple times now and I'm confused what Novahome's shields have to do with anything, since talking to Aurora about how she survives Tarkus's destruction doesn't include anything that involves the shields. I'll paste the text from the game when you ask her about how she survived:

”What, you doubted me?” Right from the onset you knew Aurora was going to be pretty smug and prideful about this. The girl adopts a cheeky grin as she puffs her chest out. “Of course I got back! I’m clever and stuff! When the planet started shaking and crumbling I was outside with a few spare parts from a wrecked converter. I knew something was off cuz the wind was getting all weird and the junk felt way lighter so I darted home!” Every so often Aurora pauses for a few seconds, trying to remember just how it went down. Or perhaps she’s making some stuff up here and there to embellish it. She is, like, twelve. That should be a given.

“The sky got weird by the time I got back and the air was thin, like I was wa-aaay up. So I figured something had happened to the artificial tether and we were all doomed! So I hopped in the mini-pod that no one wanted and hid! I was scared. Then everything started getting sucked out of the workshop and the pod got flung out and was spinning around. Everything was terrible!”

”But the pod had fuel in it and worked, just like I said! So I got it turned on-” Aurora’s intrepid retelling becomes a bit muted as she mumbles something about ‘eventually’, though like any good storytelling bard, her aside is brief, leaving her to continue boasting. “- and I flew to the Novahome! I even caught someone - she’s fine - and I crashed into one of the bays before the doors got shut.”

You blink. That’s a bit dramatic. Actually, why didn’t she just run into the Novahome when she had the chance instead of hiding in the pod?

“Cuz! It’s a piece of junk!”

Oh. That’s fair.
Can someone point out to me why the shields even matter? Because I feel like I'm missing something. None of the other text she has available mentions it either. Also, she just disappears from the game if you destroy Tarkus without talking to her first, shields or no shields. Not sure why that would be the case.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
the shields is the only thing that saves nova home from tarkuses destruction

as to why she would dissapear if you didn't talk to her with or without the shields, likely a bug.

The_Rooster

Aug 30, 2017
the shields is the only thing that saves nova home from tarkuses destruction

as to why she would dissapear if you didn't talk to her with or without the shields, likely a bug.

But Novahome survives whether you reactivate the shields or not. In fact, if you're aboard the Novahome when Tarkus is destroyed, the text is the same whether you brought up the shields or not, and they even talk about bringing up the shields either way. It sounds like a bug or maybe something got overlooked.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
likely something overlooked, I generally never go down the destroyer of worlds path of Steele

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Okay, but does that make Anno and Reaha the Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo of the Casstech?