Targeted mutations

Sandyclaws

Dec 12, 2016
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but has the idea of being able to choose what mutations you get from each mutation item been considered before? As the system currently stands, you can't really have a reliable mix of races. It's easy to go all the way towards one race, but if you try to have a mix of different features you are essentially trusting the RNG not to take away, say, that expensive set of wings you spent alot of credits on to grow, or change your cat dick to a kobold dick when all you wanted was those big floppy ears.

It shouldn't be easy or cheap to be able to choose what parts you get from a mutation, but it should be available at some point.

The idea I had would be to have an installable item similar to the dong selector, which becomes available at around the same time or perhaps awhile further. It could be sold by a shopkeeper, or picked up, depending on how difficult you want it to be for the player to acquire one. Once acquired and installed, the, lets call it the refiner, would be able to take in a small quantity of the same mutation item, say, five sounds about right, and in return produce an item (I'm thinking a hypopen) that will only induce a certain specfic mutation to occur, ala hornitol or dove balm.

For example, say you want an orange myr's chitinous arms, honeypot breasts and venom, but you don't want to give up the demonic eyes, wings or legs you spent quite abit of credits to acquire. In that event, you simply acquire five orange pills, put them into the refiner, select arms, breasts, or venom, and you'll receive an item that will only induce that particular mutation. It would be more expensive his way in either credits or effort depending on how the item is acquired, but it's the price you pay for being able to select exactly what you get.

Thoughts?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It is brought up really often.

Short answer: no.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I'm gonna hit you with some knaaawledge. Save your game before using any transformative. Reload upon less-than-agreeable result.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh wait it's already went down to one per two weaks....*realize title of the thread ish responding too*?
Ok I'm a beliver now. Soooo...when is next one "I want 4 arms PC" thread?

Reactions: Krynh

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but has the idea of being able to choose what mutations you get from each mutation item been considered before?

[...]
Thoughts?

Heresy this is!

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I'm pretty sure savescumming solves this problem.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You can have 4 eyes, 4 legs, 4 tails, 4 wings, 4 dicks, 4 balls, 4 vaginas, 4 clits, and 4 nipples, though.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
What was the reason for that again?

Nearly every scene would need to be rewritten to account for the PC potentially having a different number of arms than two. People would incessantly ask to use their extra arms to wield more than two weapons. It would be an enormous hassle.

This isn't like faces where we can slap a parser call in there to go "your face" or "your muzzle" or "your weird Predator maw" and call it a day. It's not even like extra legs, which already frequently cause issues if they're not ignored because you can't have sex with a centaur the same way you can with a human. Arms are the primary means by which a person interacts with the world around them, and that includes what they do during sex: what they touch, how they touch it, and when they stop touching something to move on to something else.

Reactions: Ormael

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Nearly every scene would need to be rewritten to account for the PC potentially having a different number of arms than two. People would incessantly ask to use their extra arms to wield more than two weapons. It would be an enormous hassle.

This isn't like faces where we can slap a parser call in there to go "your face" or "your muzzle" or "your weird Predator maw" and call it a day. It's not even like extra legs, which already frequently cause issues if they're not ignored because you can't have sex with a centaur the same way you can with a human. Arms are the primary means by which a person interacts with the world around them, and that includes what they do during sex: what they touch, how they touch it, and when they stop touching something to move on to something else.
You might want to save that to a document so that you can copy/paste it whenever that's asked. It would save you a good amount of typing.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You can have 4 eyes, 4 legs, 4 tails, 4 wings, 4 dicks, 4 balls, 4 vaginas, 4 clits, and 4 nipples, though.
You can only have 3 vaginas. Unless you count ass. It's fine too, but it's not exactly the same. Even if technically it is.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
You can only have 3 vaginas. Unless you count ass. It's fine too, but it's not exactly the same. Even if technically it is.
I'm pretty sure you can't poop through a vagina.

Uhg, that mental picture will haunt me for days

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

It's called "cloaca". But I was referring to game implementation - they basically are the same.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It's called "cloaca". But I was referring to game implementation - they basically are the same.
Technically, referring to the mechanics in the game makes far more sense, although I still blame you for putting that picture in my head.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok so since Couch meantion it and then replied that mean this thread can count also as our typical bi-weekly thread of "why not 4 arms" :allears:

See ya all in 2 weeks in next Ep of breathtaking series of "I want 4 arms" and "I not wanna savescumm for my perfect Steele" :catte:

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015

But ass does? lol

I have not thought I'd get the opportunity, but here it is, let's quote some Freud!

Sigmund Freud said:
Where the anus is concerned it becomes still clearer that it is disgust which stamps that sexual aim as a perversion. I hope, however, I shall not be accused of partisanship when I assert that people who try to account for this disgust by saying that the organ in question serves the function of excretion and comes in contact with excrement [...] are not much more to the point than hysterical girls who account for their disgust at the male genital by saying that it serves to void urine.

Now Freud did not talk that much about vaginas, because he was a proud man of priorities and principles, but they are in fact also part of the digestive system and one of his main arguments is, that our views on sexuality are a product of cultural instructions (obviously) and that what is considered "normal" holds a lot of elements of perversion and fetishism, so that in the end, that which is commonly considered perverse is just a variation or in rare cases exaggeration of the sexual norm.

I honestly forgot where I wanted to go with this. I rest my case.

EDIT: I derailed didn't I?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormael and Agrok

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
if we want talk about pussies it's actualy 5 and if ass count as one then 6. Cuz... twin cunttail that kitty PC can get.... or it was some (many) versions ago.

Reactions: Agrok

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Freud was just a troll who got himself in too deep to back out.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@PyrateHyena Well given it's next one in long line thread of asking the same on one of two questions that will always lead to hard NO from devs...nope you not derailed it enough. And that usauly case those two questions making one of most derailed discussins anyway.