Tamed varmint and accessory slot

Shinespark

Sep 4, 2017
I was testing a few things to tame a varmint and I have a few questions. When you tame a varmint by being a bimbo, you acquire a collar that you need to have equiped in your accessory slot in order to have the varmint helping in combats. However, that collar takes a precious place from the accessory slot.

My first question is, will taming a Varmint via Natalie on Uveto make things different? I mean, will it still need a collar in the accessory in order to have the varmint active in combats? (I didn't reach Uveto yet, so I can't know).

Second question is: If Natalie still make it requiring the collar in the accessory, is it possible to have a second accessory slot?

P.S. A varmint might not be that much of help during combat. I'd only like to have one because it's cool/makes a character different than an other one

Zavos

May 7, 2016
2nd accessory slot is confirmed to never going to happen. Pet/drone slot idea has been tossed around a bit. I personally believe this will n. e. v. e. r. happen cuz reasons.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
A class slot is something that really ought to happen and drones ought to be a tech class feature rather than making the pc choose between drones and shields. Not sure what mercs and smugs could get though.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
A class slot is something that really ought to happen and drones ought to be a tech class feature rather than making the pc choose between drones and shields. Not sure what mercs and smugs could get though.
The main problem with this is that it would probably come at some expense to shield tech's shield capabilities. Something that would fit well into a smuggler class slot is a cc option along the lines of flash grenade, to expand cc options and prevent smuggs from being shutdown by a boss immune to your build's favored cc.

Shinespark

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah, I guess having an accessory slot for general accessories (avaible to all classes) and a class slot (for items that only a specific class can equip) could be a good idea.

So does it mean it's completely impossible to have a varmint + an other accessory as for now? Anyone tried taming a varmint with Natalie?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
The only difference that Natalie has is that taming a varmint with her will make the varmint stay permanently as taming it without Natalie may give the chance for the varmint to run away when not leashed while on the ship (if this happens, the process for getting a stowaway and taming another varmint may be repeated again).

Another difference would be cosmetic as the regular tamed varmint may be mentioned as a "he" and Natalie's taming may refer to the varmint as a "she" in the respective taming scenes. I don't think the varmint's sex/gender is explicitly mentioned outside those scenes, however.

As far as slots, you can't really stack accessory slots so you need to work with what you have and chose whether or not you want a varmint to tag along for combat. Unless the devs change their minds about the accessory slot, that's just how it will be for the time-being.

Shinespark

Sep 4, 2017
oh, ok, I see. As I said, I didn't reach Uveto yet, so I couldn't know how taming it with Natalie turns out. It seems both method will have you to use your accessory slot for the collar. Thanks for the answer!

adev

Apr 27, 2017
I might remember wrong, but wasn't it enough to be in possession of the leash? (ie you could just put it in ship storage?)

Shinespark

Sep 4, 2017
Hmm, I don't think so. I tested a few things. I kept the collar in my inventory, it didn't work. I let the collar in the ship, it didn't work either. Unless, I'm doing something wring, it seems you definitely need to have the collar equiped in the accessory slot

adev

Apr 27, 2017
Sorry about the confusion - must have mixed it up with Sera's leash then.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I might remember wrong, but wasn't it enough to be in possession of the leash? (ie you could just put it in ship storage?)
The leash only brings the varmint into combat if the varmint has actually been tamed. Attempting to equip the leash without a tamed varmint should do nothing. The possibility of the tamed varmint running away is dependent on unleashing the varmint (it is leashed by default), and letting it run around and while the character is on the ship for a long period of time. It should be possible to keep the varmint on the leash but not carry the leash in the inventory (like keeping the leash in storage). The varmint just will not travel with the character into combat unless the leash is equipped.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Another difference would be cosmetic as the regular tamed varmint may be mentioned as a "he" and Natalie's taming may refer to the varmint as a "she" in the respective taming scenes. I don't think the varmint's sex/gender is explicitly mentioned outside those scenes, however.

Is there a chance, currently or in the future, to get a male varmint from Natalie? As you said, only for cometic reasons.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I wasn't aware of the fact that the regular-tamed varmint (for Treated female-players, I guess) was male.