Taivra's Guards Bribe

Artemis_H

Jun 3, 2022
I'm trying to get into Queen Taivra's palace, and I don't want to just go attacking the guards this playthrough. There's an option to bribe them with exotic gems, but none of my gems seem to be appropriate despite me having multiple Kirkite, Satyrite and Picardine. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I'm trying to get into Queen Taivra's palace, and I don't want to just go attacking the guards this playthrough. There's an option to bribe them with exotic gems, but none of my gems seem to be appropriate despite me having multiple Kirkite, Satyrite and Picardine. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?
What about the platinum you get from fighting the girls on second planet?

Artemis_H

Jun 3, 2022
Yeah, that's an option but I kinda want to hang onto it for a bit longer just in case it's useful for something else later on and I also have a bunch of gemstones I'd happily part with.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
you can't use the plat190 for anything else other then trading it to Shekka for the second probe, and the guards won't take any other gems.

CynCid

Oct 28, 2022
Using it on Taivra is the best use if you want to solve this peacefully. However, if you want a 100% pacifist solution, you will have to basically sign away huge amounts of power (lore) to the Queen. If you are not fine with doing that all the way to the end, you might as well attack them, because unless you hand over half the Steele Tech company to Taivra, you will end up in a fight anyway.