Syri's "Raven" hair

Chiyosuke

Oct 7, 2015
I am a little confused as to why Syri's new bust having brown hair while every thing describing her hair color is Raven or Black.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It was explained as looking raven on the artist's drawing background (white), but looking brown on darker backgrounds, like the entirety of TiTS. It was an oversight. Nothing has been said about getting it corrected, unfortunately.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Nothing has been said about getting it corrected, unfortunately.

Like, do you really want me to go to Chesh, with her massive backlog and actual fucking job, and ask her to take time out of making other people's shit and trying to clear her commission list because a few people don't like Syri's hair?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Like, do you really want me to go to Chesh, with her massive backlog and actual fucking job, and ask her to take time out of making other people's shit and trying to clear her commission list because a few people don't like Syri's hair?
Did I say right, at-this-very-fucking-moment, now? No. I was hoping, that at some point in the future, be it a month or a year, Syri would have a portrait that actually got her features correct. I commented about how nothing had been said about it, or even about plans to get it done, and was not demanding it to be so. I am not a self-absorbed, whiny child, thank you very much.

EDIT: I didn't even say Cheshire had to do it, changing color isn't exactly a top-tier artist job. Case in point is three posts down.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Honestly her hair looks brown on all backgrounds. Maybe I'm just weird.

But Syri is a good girlfriend who would probably change her hair color for you if you asked.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hmm girlfiend...wouldn't boyfriend fit her well too? xD

But true as it's Chess it would be hard to aks her to make small corrections. Small miscomunication happened that turn into not so much raven hair color but still her art is best even if Syri looks like she dyed hereself for Steele ^^^

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015

Hugs has the right of it. Its a mistake and somewhat annoying but Cheshire is busy doing awesome things on her drawing tablet (and you know her drawings are awesome) and probably shouldnt be bothered.

Then again, you dont have to be an artist to do a color change.

Edit: 2min-color-change-job for comparisons sake. Well, the pic has a better feel to it with darker hair imo.

Attachments

• Syri.png
    Syri.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Syri_color change_NOT APPROVED BY ARTIST.png
    Syri_color change_NOT APPROVED BY ARTIST.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 98

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Edit: 2min-color-change-job for comparisons sake. Well, the pic has a better feel to it with darker hair imo.
You could make that the bust and all inquiries about Syri's hair would disappear overnight, lol.

Also, I did not expect that much backlash from that comment of mine.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Your comment was fine, I just think that Hugs has been bugged about it quite a lot and is getting a bit tired/annoyed.
Are her lips supposed to be the same color as her fur? Other than that, it looks excellent.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Are her lips supposed to be the same color as her fur?

Its sloppy work. Besides the lips, youll notice that her jeans and the inside of her ears are affected by the color change. I didnt bother with fine adjusments because I just wanted to compare colors real quick. This was not meant for implementation.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Are her lips supposed to be the same color as her fur? Other than that, it looks excellent.
Her lips matched her hair in the original pic, and leaving the lips that color while changing the hair just looks bad. Besides, matching lipstick to your hair color isn't unheard of, and would certainly be more common in a world with more hair colors.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
Thread about Syri's hair really? I could care less about her hair color as long as it not bald I'm fine with it, it could be purple with pink polka dots and I'd still be fine with it.
Some people are just fastidious (whiny-ass babies).

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
fastidious
554ea83394e46dfba14f8225eedfeec7_i-do-not-think-it-means-what-meme-does-not-mean-what-you-think-it-means_630-380.jpeg

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
I like the simple color change. It sticks with Syri's discription while not detracting from Cheshire's original work to much if at all. honestly it looks more natural in my opinion.

Now if only I could figure out how to add it to my download of the game.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Just stick that image into the assets folder, rename, and recompile.

Or just wait.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Eh, both are fine. The actual black one is slightly better, but... I don't really mind either of them.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Hugs has the right of it. Its a mistake and somewhat annoying but Cheshire is busy doing awesome things on her drawing tablet (and you know her drawings are awesome) and probably shouldnt be bothered.

Then again, you dont have to be an artist to do a color change.

That's really weird; the version in-game is actually lighter-colored than the raw image file.

Attachments

• Syri Clothed (Cheshire).png
    Syri Clothed (Cheshire).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Just stick that image into the assets folder, rename, and recompile.
How does one actually do that? it downloads as a .swf so I can only view it in a browser. can I rename it into a .zip or rawr?

F

Franks

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Moustache's edit looks fine to me, but of course I'm not an artist.

*Berates @HugsAlright for failing the fenoxo.com community*

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@Savin: Looks the same to me, bro.

@Darkpheonix: Your name is spelled wrong, bro. Also you need to download the source code.

@Franks: Riya bust when?

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
That's really weird; the version in-game is actually lighter-colored than the raw image file.

Is that the in-game version you posted? I grabbed the pic I posted from the blog.

It feels like a brighter tone but I think thats the resolution? Might try to compare it side by side.

Edit:
I resized + chopped the pics in half and put them back together: I cant make out a damn difference.

Attachments

• Syri side by side.png
    Syri side by side.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Savin is just lumablind. Side effect from being a plague carrier for so long.