Synthetic crystal glass, cybernetics, and scars

BiggyZ1

Jun 21, 2016
say during a sidequest, or random encounter, your PC manages to survive, but lost an arm? thanks to a new medical science, you now can have a "Crystal Seed" implanted into the area of the missing limb, that not only grow into an imposing living mineral replacement, but grants +10 strength per limb.

minor scars heal faster, but serious injuries take longer.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure amputation of the PC of any kind isn't going to happen for plot reasons.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Getting limbs blown off and replaced by cybernetics was actually considered by the devs for a bit, but who can say whether that's still in the cards.

And while your crystal seed is interesting, it's far more likely to be either cheap augments or perfect, genetically matched fleshy replacements, as both are already in game. Also, +10 Str /limb is OP no matter how you slice it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Getting limbs blown off and replaced by cybernetics was actually considered by the devs for a bit, but who can say whether that's still in the cards.

It was considered, but ultimately we've decided to keep cybernetics to implants and attachments. No getting dismembered in combat.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It'd be needlessly complicated if implemented for limbs, anyway. Like what if you took a TF that gives you chitin covered arms. Would you grow new arms? Would your fake arm be covered in chitin now?

BiggyZ1

Jun 21, 2016
I'm glad all of you gave feed back, it was just a thought and i honestly realized such a thing would never happen, but it was at least an interesting idea :D

And while your crystal seed is interesting, it's far more likely to be either cheap augments or perfect, genetically matched fleshy replacements, as both are already in game. Also, +10 Str /limb is OP no matter how you slice it.

it would look cool though, just look at my profile pic.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I'm sad. I was hoping cybernetic limbs would be treated like the parasite tails. IE unremovable unless you visit a medic capable performing the procedure of detaching the limb and regenerating your organic appendage. 

Cunt Snakes and cockvines already display the needed mechanics for resisting any attempts to TF them. 

@Savin

Is there any lingering possibility of non violent limb replacement? IE some sort of vouluntary proceedure? I was really hoping to at least get my steel a set of Adam Jensen arms. 

tumblr_nctnvv85v51thu5vro3_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Cunt Snakes and cockvines already display the needed mechanics for resisting any attempts to TF them.

It's not actually 100% reliable. Some TFs don't have appropriate checks.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Is there any lingering possibility of non violent limb replacement? IE some sort of vouluntary proceedure? I was really hoping to at least get my steel a set of Adam Jensen arms. 

Highly unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out completely

it would be awesome if you could get tuned into a android...with the pros (higher lust resistance more defense bonus) and the cons (weakness to electricity will have to repair with items or go back to the ship so no more regeneration)