Swimming raises aim?

Ranma

Mar 26, 2016
I always thought it was super weird how swimming of all things raises your aim.
Anyone knows if there is a particular reason why it does that? Personally i would put something like a slow aim gain at something like a gun range or something XD

(God i hope no other thread of mine turns into a mess like my last one please.)

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Because there's three physical stats, and three different things you can do at the gym, so I made each thing raise one stat.

It's a little weird, yeah, but there's no way I was going to do the gym and not have pool sex. So I figured it was good enough. :D

you have to aim your body in the direction you want to swim
Okay, that's fucking hilarious.

Ranma

Mar 26, 2016
I think we can all thank noscope god for giving us the most perfect in universe reason I've had yet to hear or come up with myself XD

Reactions: Crablord

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
It's easy to see how it's raising aim if you look in the text correctly you can make out that Steele is really firing guns underwater.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
On a slightly more serious (pffft) note, if you're swimming, it can be quite easy to get disorientated. So you learn to look up very quickly, take on what is in front of you and correct. I don't think swimming is seriously making Steele aim better, but they're learning to snap look in a fraction of a second and taking in details in that second.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
On a more serious note I'd say that swimming should effect reflexes more than aim because swimming takes alot of energy and needs the entire body.

But going also off what Evil said, that it makes you snap your head upwards to take in your surroundings and get a better idea of what is around you, going off that and my idea of the reflex it's more on the idea of that you quickly take in things in a snap of a moment and it allows you to aim better and handle the recoil of your firearm.

Then again it's just that the writer already had 2 things that could raise your stat gain and needed something for aim and chose the pool.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
swimming, especially underwater, helps increase lung capacity and blood oxygenation allowing for one to hold one's breath for longer periods of time, it also strengthens the arms, shoulders, and chest muscles which would eliminate unsteadiness and mitigate recoil. on a side note most fights are within the range of 10 meters so this isn't exactly sighted accuracy we're talking about here