Suula Steele question

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Do they have a human face or a Suula one?

When in character description their head is described as a humans, but in the codex personal stats has them having a Suula face.

Tainted-Alice

Nov 20, 2015
Hmmm strange in character viewing it says it gives you a slightly angular look so I don’t know how you got a completely human face.

TheShepard256

When in character description their head is described as a humans
Hmmm strange in character viewing it says it gives you a slightly angular look so I don’t know how you got a completely human face.
I think you two might be referring to different parts of the same description:
Half-suula facial appearance said:
Your face is human in shape and structure, with olive skin. A set of razor-sharp, retractable shark-teeth fill your mouth and gives your visage a slightly angular appearance.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Yeah I realized you have a Suula face, don't know why they had the Human in the description. Made me think they had a human face (human nose and structure) with shark teeth.

TheShepard256

Yeah I realized you have a Suula face, don't know why they had the Human in the description. Made me think they had a human face (human nose and structure) with shark teeth.
That's the impression I got from the Appearance screen, too; it's likely because Siren's Bounty (the suula TF) grants muzzled siren/suula faces while character creation grants a siren/suula face without a muzzle. Looking over the source code, I think an oversight might have occurred - suula faces (tracked internally as 'siren') are listed under the flat/human-looking faces along with arachnid, dzaan, simii, naleen and (of course) human, which causes the Appearance screen to always output
Your face is human in shape and structure
But the suula/siren add-on has variants depending on if Steele's face has the Muzzled flag:
Code:
A set of razor-sharp, retractable shark-teeth fill " + (target == pc ? "your":"[target.hisHer]") + " " + (target.hasFaceFlag(GLOBAL.FLAG_MUZZLED) ? "extended maw" : "mouth") + " and gives " + (target == pc ? "your":"[target.hisHer]") + " visage a" + (target.hasFaceFlag(GLOBAL.FLAG_MUZZLED) ? "n" : " slightly") + " angular appearance.
Normally, face types that can naturally have the Muzzled flag have their own descriptions, regardess of whether or not they always have that flag.

In any case, I'd assume the impression we both got is correct despite any confusion - half-humans tend to lack muzzles even if their other parent's race naturally has them. The only exceptions to that I know of are some half-laquines (but not all, even if they're all from the same litter) and possibly half-korgonne (since Steele being the sire of Ula's kids is a secret, it's implied those kids look fully korgonne).

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
That's the impression I got from the Appearance screen, too; it's likely because Siren's Bounty (the suula TF) grants muzzled siren/suula faces while character creation grants a siren/suula face without a muzzle. Looking over the source code, I think an oversight might have occurred - suula faces (tracked internally as 'siren') are listed under the flat/human-looking faces along with arachnid, dzaan, simii, naleen and (of course) human, which causes the Appearance screen to always output

But the suula/siren add-on has variants depending on if Steele's face has the Muzzled flag:
Code:
A set of razor-sharp, retractable shark-teeth fill " + (target == pc ? "your":"[target.hisHer]") + " " + (target.hasFaceFlag(GLOBAL.FLAG_MUZZLED) ? "extended maw" : "mouth") + " and gives " + (target == pc ? "your":"[target.hisHer]") + " visage a" + (target.hasFaceFlag(GLOBAL.FLAG_MUZZLED) ? "n" : " slightly") + " angular appearance.
Normally, face types that can naturally have the Muzzled flag have their own descriptions, regardess of whether or not they always have that flag.

In any case, I'd assume the impression we both got is correct despite any confusion - half-humans tend to lack muzzles even if their other parent's race naturally has them. The only exceptions to that I know of are some half-laquines (but not all, even if they're all from the same litter) and possibly half-korgonne (since Steele being the sire of Ula's kids is a secret, it's implied those kids look fully korgonne).
Thank you, this helps a lot

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Half-suula are basically meant to look like this.

The way their teeth interact with the appearance screen is Interesting™.

Yeah that is more or less how I envisioned it.

Also the feather hair, I imagined it to look like the harpies in CoC, but both in game Suula's you meet seem to have standard texture hair.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Lone Wolf115

Yeah that is more or less how I envisioned it.

Also the feather hair, I imagined it to look like the harpies in CoC, but both in game Suula's you meet seem to have standard texture hair.
That is true, they probably took mods.

Reactions: Grainy