Super Lesbian Animal RPG

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Hey!

Im just posting this here to highlight an indie game I’ve been playing and wondering if anyone else is interested in it.

As the name implies, this game is very gay, with all four main characters being women who are into other women, so if that is something you have a problem with, then this straight up isn’t for you. However, if you don’t, then this game is recommended because it is absolutely adorable; not only does it feature good pixel and character art, but also features a lot of moments which are funny and cute.

The main character, Melody, is very likable, due to her caring attitude and willingness to help her friends, but is also not flawless, something that’s apparent even early on. Allison, her girlfriend, also has a lot of cute moments too, where while she’s a rowdy gal, she also has a lot of sweetness and it’s clear she cares a lot for Melody.

The other party members are also pretty good. Claire, the mage of the party, is something of a public menace, having caused a lot of mischief around town with her magic. However, it’s also clear she cares a lot about her friends, and is the reason they have magical powers in the first place. Jody, meanwhile is by far the most dependable of the group, keeping an eye on them so they don’t get up to too much trouble. Still, she has some serious blind spots, some of which can lead to serious trouble.

Now, all that said, I should note this is a RPGMaker game, although even then it manages to use the engine incredibly well and alters the game by making the TP-equivalent (Star Power) be gained a different way by each member of the party and having a spell book system which lets you experiment with giving different party members different spells. Still, if you don’t like RPGMaker games and aren’t interested in playing another one, then this probably isn’t for you.

In terms of visuals and audio, I think this does a stellar job both with the 2D cartoon art and with the sprite work, the former or which is used for character portraits, CGs, and enemies. There also is a lot of effort put into the story and world-building, which over time becomes more fleshed out as more is truths are revealed.

While you can get the full game on itch.io and Steam, there’s also a demo you can play, which you can find here. Hopefully, it will make you interested in checking out the full game!

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Hey, so I just finished this game!
1566512606.ponett_key_art_-_beach.png
(Source)

I won't post any spoilers, but to cut things short I really felt that it had a nice conclusion that was everything I was looking for: cute, awesome, and VERY gay with great music for a Final Boss. It wasn't difficult, especially since at that point I had gotten everyone fully leveled up and equipped with the best gear available, but there are some fun fights near the end, particularly against the game's extra bosses. If you're looking for something that's going to really test yoru skills, then you should probably look for something else since this isn't that. However, it is good if you want something light and casual to play with funny moments and cute character interactions. It also isn't long for a RPG, so it's best to not just click through the story parts, since they're the main content of the game.

I do hope that more people check this game out, since I feel well-done indie games like this deserve attention from more people, especially since, unlike a lot of triple-A games, they have a lot of heart and talent put into them. Even if it isn't the most original of concept or have particularly innovative gameplay, it makes up for that by being a comfy, well-crafted experience done with love and care.

Also, it is very gay and cute and I hope to see more.

• Love
Reactions: Emerald