Summoning question

Lostname475

Apr 3, 2023
Are summons any good in coc2? I haven't made a build that uses them ever an i'm wondering if they're worth it, also if summons are good which ones are the better ones?

ballin

May 12, 2024
summons can be pretty good if your built around them (like the black mage) as its effectively an extra on-demand party member. For early game i typically go for the Hoplite then switch to one of the fire temple. i dont know for sure but i think that talsenne might be one of the best and you get her from the ring of fate quest

Reactions: Lostname475
Hi Lostname475,

Summons can be an excellent addition to your group, essentially functioning like a 4th party member.

Summons scale off the - Leadership - stat which comes from a mix of Presence and gear.
Leadership also provides bonus attack power & spell power to ALL your party members including guests and summons (but excluding your champion).
So 50 Leadership would give everyone +50 attack power & +50 spellpower making Leadership an extremely potent stat boost.

Here's a link to a helpful thread where a poster discusses most summons along with their stats and powers
Forum link

Personally I like using (1)Summon W.Spirit or (5)Summon Cassidy

The W(olf) Spirit applies bleed with every attack reducing enemy healing and is immune to 5 different damage types including physical and tease damage.

Cassidy on other hand can apply

(6)Holy Ward --- a healing/regen/evasion buff (the only summon so far that can heal others)

and cast

(5) Aria of Waves --- a low cooldown AoE dmg spell.

Of course, this is simply one Gelatin's opinion.

Anonymous Bat

Feb 16, 2023
Leadership is an extremely powerful stat, to the point of arguably being a little overpowered, which makes summons good by proxy. Definitely requires choosing the right summon, though, since they are far from equal to one another; I prefer Flame Knight or Grungendyr for reliable high damage output, or Talsenne for the greatest possible damage potential at the cost of being somewhat inconsistent (Talsenne, don't just swing your spear at people. Talsenne, Power Wave is not on cooldown, why would you do a basic attack. Talsenne, please...). If you don't use stun/prone abilities yourself, the Bear is also a good option due to having multiple abilities which inflict prone, decent damage output, and high HP paired with a self-heal.