[Sumbitted] Ampela Grapes - Satyr TF

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
It's your prerogative, but I'd hate it if this TF was just for male-oriented Champions. Considering that you are adding a "Faun" descriptor, you could use it for such. I mean, Fauna did exist as a Roman goddess!

Reactions: Tenalc13

youngpupa

Mar 20, 2022
Australia
It's your prerogative, but I'd hate it if this TF was just for male-oriented Champions. Considering that you are adding a "Faun" descriptor, you could use it for such. I mean, Fauna did exist as a Roman goddess!
After looking into the Roman goddess Fauna it seems that her affiliation with goat like attributes was more related to how she was the consort of Fuanus (Roman equivalent of the Greek's Pan/Faunus who was often depicted as a satyr). Looking through most of her depictions, it seems she was depicted as a normal human, or possessing more nymph-like traits (the satyrs female counterpart).

Also the term faun in this case is attributed to the Greek version of satyrs. As in the Greek mythos the name faun was just commonly used as another name. While in Roman Mythology the term faun was different to satyrs, as faun were described "as stocky, hairy, ugly dwarves or woodwoses with the ears and tails of horses." Which my TF is not trying to emulate.

By the way this info was gathered in around 15 minutes from sources like Wikipedia and whatnot, so I may just be talking out my ass. As I mentioned in the doc most of my reasoning for this is due to me being bitter about harpies.

Jeez why did I waste so much time writing this response.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You're typing to someone who likes mythology, so I won't consider it a waste of time, at least when it comes to my position as a reader who also checked Wikipedia before replying so as not to type out of her arse :ghost:What I wanted to say was that strict purism can be ditched if so the writer wants.

Last edited:

youngpupa

Mar 20, 2022
Australia
You're typing to someone who likes mythology, so I won't consider it a waste of time, at least when it comes to my position as a reader who also checked Wikipedia before replying so as not to type out of her arse :ghost:What I wanted to say was that strict purism can be ditched if so the writer wants.
I also really like mythology, so not a complete waste of time I guess as I learnt more stuff about the Roman mythos which is neat. I'm aware that purism isn't necessary in this context, so if someone makes a compelling argument for female Satyr's then I may change my stance. But that would require me to get off my ass and write a tiny bit more. Which is a lot effort for someone so lazy like myself.