[Submitted] ExtraMeet

princezilla

Aug 24, 2016
"you just fucked someone's grandpa" is an amazing line XD

I love the concept behind these but i feel like a few of them should have a bit more variation based on your own traits. Like none of them account for cum volume or the possibilty of hermaphrodites as far as i can tell and Thrash's would feel kinda wierd if you had the red venom perk and that never came up.

Last edited:

Fr0sty

Dec 4, 2017
"you just fucked someone's grandpa" is an amazing line XD

I love the concept behind these but i feel like a few of them should have a bit more variation based on your own traits. Like none of them account for cum volume or the possibilty of hermaphrodites as far as i can tell and Thrash's would feel kinda wierd if you had the red venom perk and that never came up.

I considered writing for more variation, but accounting for everything would have been far to much effort for very little return. I don't think it makes or breaks player immersion if I change around a few phase words just because they cum more than other players. If I was only writing a few scenes I'd have tried to work more stuff in, making the scenes more dynamic and involved, but 25 scenes that are already very niche in some cases? That would have been mind numbing.

I might go back in and tweak and add some minor ones, like the Red Venom perk thing, but only in cases where I feel it could often come up.

Edit: I went back and added a few flavor text lines for the Red Venom example. I feel like that example in particular was really good and warranted attention.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
There are a large number of "other" gender profiles. I suggest changing herm profile genders to female+ (or male+), to better show when rare non-herm intersexed characters show up.

Fr0sty

Dec 4, 2017
There are a large number of "other" gender profiles. I suggest changing herm profile genders to female+ (or male+), to better show when rare non-herm intersexed characters show up.

The "other" option being kinda cruddy is 100% intended. Modern dating sites are often binary in their gender options, and I'm trying to simulate that shortcoming. ExtraMeet is suppose to be sort of an imperfect site by my own design to make it more realistic. I mean, it's a free dating app, it's gonna be simple and shitty.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Take it as an opportunity to have a laugh.

Sure, there’s M/F/Other. But add something like “Varies on the day”, “Surprise!” or make up some weird alien word. TiTS takes the galaxy on a somewhat comical trip through some absurd scenarios and Space Tinder seems to be the best place to flex your funny bones.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
While some of your flavor encounters are humorous and clearly would not work, some of the others I'm like why do you torture us so. Cough Sweet<3 Cough PowerLovers2 Cough Etc Cough

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Fr0sty

Dec 4, 2017
Finished editing and submitted it. While I'm sure I could send the next half a year fine tuning and tweaking it, I'm satisfied with where it's at right now.

Now we play the waiting game.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Damn, that means it won't be in the August public build! Ah, well.
I might get it done by next Friday but I will not promise that. That is the best case scenario without work or life getting in the way and no issues with getting the code to work properly. Even then Fenoxo has to approve it. So it is still unlikely unfortunately.

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I might get it done by next Friday but I will not promise that. That is the best case scenario without work or life getting in the way and no issues with getting the code to work properly. Even then Fenoxo has to approve it. So it is still unlikely unfortunately.
Fingers crossed!

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
I thought I would post a progress report. The core functionality for the "site"; sign up/login, swiping, review, meet, etc..., is done. That was the more complicated part. The rest is just coding scenes. All scenes for Tavros, New Texas, and Mhen'ga are done. I just have the other 3 planets' scenes to code and than do one last end to end test.

I should be done by mid to late next week as originally estimated.

Last edited:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
does this include cat fishing?

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Coding done. Testing done. Pull request on github. It might be awhile until it is approved though. It is fairly sizable, over 4000 lines of code. A large portion is text output but it is still a lot of code to go over. Plus it has hooks in 6 existing classes.

I designed the code so that it should be simple to integrate more profiles and dates in the future. So if Fr0sty or someone else creates expansion packs they will not be hard to add.

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
That might backfire and result in an tide of vaguely diverse characters that we'll fuck once and then totally forget about. In other words, make it like IRL Tinder.

If I'm being honest, I don't think the goal of this project was ever to create Fisianna-like memorable characters. From what I gathered, it was a means to easily access sex scenes in something of a One-Night-Stand. He did mention a few characters that would be written with more dates and possible romances, but I suspect he may write those himself.

I'm trying to keep it diverse, but also provide a sample for the sorts of people you would run into on a planet. In the Uveto example, I COULD just make it all Huskar stuff, but that's boring.

Instead I'd have a Huskar citizen, a Korgonne outcast, a storm guard warrior, a modded to the teeth scientist, and an archeologist. Those are sorts of people you would meet there, so those are the sort of people that will be on the app.

Some planets will be easy to show diversity (Tavros), while others will be much more challenging (New Texas), but I'll try to keep it fresh.

See, this is what I'm afraid of. Instead of people creating awesome, extremely unique characters, and making them lots of interactions whatnot, instead, people will just make someone totally unique, write 1 or 2 sex scenes, submit, and never touch it again. That's what I'm worried about. That all the super interesting and unique characters will be made for this and never expanded upon and simply forgotten about, and all that uniqueness and creativity will be wasted on a bunch of booty calls.

Yes, I know i may be being paranoid, but let's be real, in order to get your super original character in, would you rather A) have to write the character the old fashioned and difficult way, with intros, dialogue, etc: or B) write a few intro stuff and a description, then skip right to the sexy bits and be done with it.

I doubt something like ExtraMeet is going to cause writers to suddenly half-ass it. If you were already writing a steamy romance or broken bird or bored milf or whatever, then having an additional way of introducing the character to the player isn't going to deter you.

But yeah, a number of current and future projects are probably going to be repurposed for this. Most likely, most of these projects would have died and been forgotten without something like this. A large number of projects simply die before they're finished, or even started. Having an lowered barrier of entry is the best way to get more finished projects, which is good for everyone involved. And once they're in, if they're popular enough, they can always be expanded upon.

I really, really hope that's what happens. I'd be an absolute shame to see this backfire and have so much creativity go to waste.

Fingers crossed that I'll be wrong.

HeavyMetalLoser

Sep 27, 2015
Some of the non-joke flavor entries are kind of a tease. I kept accepting them and thought it was broken or something. Would certainly like to see some of them become full-on scenes. MoonlessNights and DirtyGurl14 are the ones I'm most interested in.