Story divergences problems

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I do really want to know why some of the paths deverge so much based on our decisions. And not in a natural way. In a way that makes it look like the related results have not connections to the actions that preceded them.

For example, lets take our encounters with Kasyra at WC. Now I am not sure why this devissions happen, only that they do. If you are romancing Kasyraa, instead of being able to face her, you facing some horrid abomination. Or as Cait described it, "How demon should look". Along with your supposed "frenemy". You even meet Lumia and Kas even looses half of her daughters to that thing. It is never made clear why that happens, it just happens. While in other, non romance route, you can face of against Kas like normal.

Second example, and really only other one I can think of, is this. Why are Kitsune only getting attacked only when we Free Kiyoko and Kinu? Now, it could be argued that they are prime target simple because they are not really that well protected compared to others. Which fair. But at same time, why do we not hear about other attacks in other playthrougs even as Keroses champion. Because, as game showed, they are able to attack between the gates. I do not belive that Kitsune would keep that information hidden from us, even if they did not see us a completly as one of their own. You would think that enemy would do it even if Kinu did not exist. The way everything is presented makes it seem like us freeing Kiyoko is source of trouble facing the fluff.
I hope that there are ingame explanations for them. Or at least that I missed them.

Mizukage

Mar 16, 2021
Yeah, that first one is a pretty huge divergence. Kind of curious to see where that is going to go once the main story is further written because I also have trouble seeing how that leaves a main plot that is anything alike.

On the second one, pretty sure it is because they were a bunch of cowards. They were trying to kill a bunch of children and teenagers and still felt the need to attack them in their sleep in a way that involved nearly no chance to fight back at all. They would never have been able to pull of anything as 'low risk' to themselves as that if they tried to attack the much larger community living in the giant magic tree instead of the newly established homestead so, being cowards, they didn't make an attempt until a softer target showed up. Alternatively, they just haven't yet gotten around to writing up the version for people who don't have a vulnerable fox family but will eventually have an attack story line independent of them (even the family version is still a WIP, after all).

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
She outright says she probably should have paid more attention to her work instead of thinking about how much she wants to bang you on the romance route so that's implied to be the reason.

As for the kitsune being attacked, Komari mentions that people usually come to the colonies to disappear or die and save their families face, so they don't pay too much attention to those disappearances normally. With his gang showing up, those disappearances now probably have a darker explanation.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
New She outright says she probably should have paid more attention to her work instead of thinking about how much she wants to bang you on the romance route so that's implied to be the reason.
Kind of lame if that is the case. But at same time... Damn... We are good.

As for the kitsune being attacked, Komari mentions that people usually come to the colonies to disappear or die and save their families face, so they don't pay too much attention to those disappearances normally. With his gang showing up, those disappearances now
The way game described them sounded more like voluntary social/normal suicides. Maybe some of them could be the sourced back to furfox attack, but it is hard for me to believe that most of them are.

Last edited:

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
Given who's backing him, he can only become as strong as he was recently, probably only beating Kas's arrival by months or so, so it only makes sense that they would only now have the means to deal real damage.

Grakon

Mar 22, 2021
Well, at the winter city, I don't think the outcome has to do with whether you romance her or not, it's how long you spend talking to her. The first time I did that fight, I questioned her to try and figure out more about what her plans were, and the portal got attacked. The second time I already knew so I just wanted to see what would happen if I attacked her, and she just opened the portal, which then broke before it could be attacked. Regardless of whether you see the smoke cloud, on both routes I'm sure it's there, so in the end there will be less of a divergence than it seems. You just know less of what's going on at this point if you don't talk to her.

As for the kitsune stuff, I haven't finished Kiyoko's route to speculate on it.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well, at the winter city, I don't think the outcome has to do with whether you romance her or not, it's how long you spend talking to her. The first time I did that fight, I questioned her to try and figure out more about what her plans were, and the portal got attacked.
No, it's exclusive to the 'Romance Kas' path. You can do all her conversation options but unless she really wants to take the Champ right then and there and isn't focusing on her work due to your previous interactions, you always get the other outcome. The actual dialogue options you pick during the sequence are almost irrelevant to the outcome, except that you can bump your relationship down a notch by picking the option to Attack Her.

Grakon

Mar 22, 2021
No, it's exclusive to the 'Romance Kas' path. You can do all her conversation options but unless she really wants to take the Champ right then and there and isn't focusing on her work due to your previous interactions, you always get the other outcome. The actual dialogue options you pick during the sequence are almost irrelevant to the outcome, except that you can bump your relationship down a notch by picking the option to Attack Her.

It was the same character I was able to get both outcomes. The first character I finished the quest with questioning her and got the outcome with the smoke cloud. Then I started over, got to the quest, sold my soul to Keros to become a kitsune, did the quest, questioned her, got the smoke cloud. I went back to a previous save before I sold my soul, did the quest, attacked her, got the outcome without the black smoke, sexed her instead of hugging her. But I didn't like that, went to the save right before winter city, questioned her, got the black smoke outcome, hugged her, and moved on.

Maybe it's bugged, but I was able to get both outcomes regardless of whether I'm romancing her or not.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I went back to a previous save before I sold my soul, did the quest, attacked her, got the outcome without the black smoke.
You'll note that I explicitly pointed out that attacking her bumps her relationship value down a notch, which is why you can get both results even if you're on the Romantic path going into the dungeon.
I said:
The actual dialogue options you pick during the sequence are almost irrelevant to the outcome, except that you can bump your relationship down a notch by picking the option to Attack Her.
Not a bug, it turns out that trying to attack Kas makes her unhappy, who'd have guessed? :p

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Not a bug, it turns out that trying to attack Kas makes her unhappy, who'd have guessed? :p
Har, yeah, trying to kill what is your supposed lover in the middle of a relationship with them makes that person feel betrayed and angry, who knew???? Lol

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
On the second one, pretty sure it is because they were a bunch of cowards. They were trying to kill a bunch of children and teenagers and still felt the need to attack them in their sleep in a way that involved nearly no chance to fight back at all. They would never have been able to pull of anything as 'low risk' to themselves as that if they tried to attack the much larger community living in the giant magic tree instead of the newly established homestead so, being cowards, they didn't make an attempt until a softer target showed up. Alternatively, they just haven't yet gotten around to writing up the version for people who don't have a vulnerable fox family but will eventually have an attack story line independent of them (even the family version is still a WIP, after all).

Which makes me think that this is an inside job someone wants Kinu and Kiyoko and the rest of your floof family out of the picture and with since it seems like a similar situation with Rindo and Kohaku kind of confirms this as well.